forum

Good Metal By Smaller/Lesser Known Artists

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
daveyard
As fun as it is to listen to bands like Morbid Angel and Sepultura over and over again, I need to diversify my playlists (and I'm sure many other metal listeners here also need to do the same).

There's not really any rules in regards to what type of metal gets posted in this thread but generally the more obscure the better.

I'll get this thread started with a few personal recommendations

1. Sindrome - Cathedral Of Ice
  2. Chevalier - Chevalier
  3. Nemesis - Black Messiah
Kolmas
THAT_otaku
Check out basically any songs from Get Scared
NekoTowel
One of my personal favorite black metal album, got a CD some time ago:
Chaos Veterum by Nansis

Some others include (I'm a black metal guy):
Korgonthurus - Kuolleestasyntynyt | In my opinion pretty good music, however the vocals may get a bit boring.
Utkena - Nex Fornix | Wonderful album, which I also have a CD of.
Imperium Dekadenz - Dämmerung der Szenarien | Found this band accidentally when searching for Imperial Circus Dead Decadence, but turned out to be amazing as well. This album is pretty neat imo.

I am also a big fan of Touhou Doujin metal:
Holmgang Ov Gensokyo 1​.​5 ~ NIGHT FESTIVAL OF TEN​-​THOUSAND DEMONS | favorite track from this album is Night Festival of Ten Thousand Demons although the other tracks in this album are brutal as well.

I usually browse the channel Black Metal Promotion but there are channels for other sub-genres of extreme metal as well, I suppose.

P.S.

Kolmas wrote:

here's some of my pick (mostly black metal)
OES GALLIATH - Ave - Dies pluvius / Psaume atrabilaire
Fragile Edge - Dans La Solitude
Perpetual Melancholy - Sospiro
Hovert - 74
Absolutely chilling, I love these.
TheKingHenry
based thread

to not flood it, I'll just drop few of my favorite releases of this year thus far

Null - Hiraeth
Osiris - Meanders a Soul...
Stortregn - Impermanence
Night Crowned - Hädanfärd
Los Males Del Mundo - Descent Towards Death

additionally, the wanted songs galore on my profile consisting mostly of my dead mapping projects may also be of interest for people here
Neigdoig
Is Sabaton well known, because I have a few beatmaps from Quaver and mania with their songs (made by Storn).
TheKingHenry

Neigdoig wrote:

Is Sabaton well known, because I have a few beatmaps from Quaver and mania with their songs (made by Storn).
I would say they are pretty well-known, but doesn't hurt to drop the name the same, perhaps OP didn't know them and digs the stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯