forum

[Web] Mobile friendly

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +81
Topic Starter
Dexus
Minor request. It would be nice to have a mobile friendly layout for the website. Browsing the forums and looking at various pages has a lot of zooming in to tap on items correctly.
Phenomz
Highly support this and thought about making this thread when browsed the website through my phone today.
jemhuntr
gonna change my post since someone quoted it.

anyway, I highly support this request and it has been talked about a few times before already.
jyu

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

support.
zinckingeye
support
pkhg
i'm from the phone right now :D
Deni
An osu! forum - mobile version would be great, because a lot of users are browsing the forums with their mobile, like me, and it's quite difficult..

Btw, this already got requested here.
Topic Starter
Dexus
That request was more for removing and lowering the site quality so it could load faster. I'm requesting the layout to be conformed to fit the mobile platforms more comfortably. Writing, editing, and navigating is a pain because you have to zoom in on everything. It's not all difficult to add in a mobile layout, and with the way peppy has it designed not much would really have to be removed (the nav bar may have to be a bit redesigned)
Lust
Since I'm pretty sure (correct me if I'm wrong) osu! runs a version of phpBB, so we can install Tapatalk, which is an app to browse and post on the forums. I use it for other forums I partake discussion at and it is pretty useful. Moderation isn't the best but it works. Tapatalk also works for a wide variety of other forum solutions in case ours isn't running phpbb.

Installing it on the website is just a simple automod, and getting the app on the phone is a piece of cake since its available on the android and apple marketplaces.

For viewing ranking charts, the wiki, and other parts of the website, we would probably have to design a new skin based around those.
Yukiteru Amano
+Support

Browsing with my phone now as well and I miss click A LOT, and it's really annoying.
Ruirize
Just a public note to Peppy - I'd be quite happy to create a stylesheet wrapped in a media query for mobile devices.

If you're okay with that, let me know please.
AxE Kestrel
*support*
Added a blue little star there.
peppy

Ruirize wrote:

Just a public note to Peppy - I'd be quite happy to create a stylesheet wrapped in a media query for mobile devices.

If you're okay with that, let me know please.
I more than welcome any kind of help I can get. There are already some rules in the existing css, so make sure to take a look at that (here's a non-minified copy: https://gist.github.com/5849174)
Topic Starter
Dexus
I hope you get it to differentiate between phones and tablets, if it's not too much to ask.
Winshley
At least make it friendly even on older mobile phones. I have Nokia E52 with only 240×320 screen resolution... :?

I use Opera Mobile 11.5. I have issues with loading pages on 2 or more tabs because it keeps throwing "Memory full" message. orz
Topic Starter
Dexus
Commonly mobile versions of websites take a notice of what browser and device is viewing and then loads a style sheet and handles everything differently depending on what is viewing it. This would include running on old phones, running on smart phones, running on tablets, and so on. I'm certain this will all be handled with accordingly.
- Marco -
s.upport ^^
Pawsu
i'm on my phone a lot and sometimes I like to go on the forums and see what there is to reply to and it can get annoying.
support <3
YamatoAkira
I use the old Galaxy Y S5360 and thissite is too unfriendly.
Or,you (or somebody else) can make the mobile APP(at least on JAVA,Android(please make it available for Android 2.x),BB,and Apple iOS) please?