forum

New tablet user, please help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Worst
I've been playing with a mouse for almost half a year now and I finally decided to jump ship and try a tablet. This is the one I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Bamboo-Spla ... boo+splash

I just set it up and gameplay feels really awkward. Any tips I could use, like sensitivity, absolute/relative tracking or anything that may help? Anything is appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Pizzicato
pen mode.
check/tick/turn on force proportions
set desired work area (you can go from smallest area possible, to full area. up to you)
TakuMii
It'll feel awkward for maybe a month, more or less depending on how fast you'll get used to it. Just keep playing with it, and it'll eventually feel normal.
You should always use pen mode, and you should use the biggest area your hand can reach.
Topic Starter
Worst
Just to make sure, pen mode is absolute right?
Lust
Pros use hover mode.
Full Tablet
Pen Mode = Absolute Tracking
Loves
Hover instead of dragging the pen. I'd say half a centimeter off the surface from the pen is a good distance.

Also, it took me like 10 days to fully get used to a tablet and use it's wonders :D
Topic Starter
Worst
Thanks for everything guys--two hours ago I was playing with the entire tablet haha XD
allright, i guess i'll update after 10 days ish and see how it goes
Topic Starter
Worst
I guess what I'm just not used to is that the mouse gave the pointer acceleration if i moved it faster. the tablet doesn't which makes me miss jumps a lot :P
darkmiz
full area
Topic Starter
Worst
Well, less than a day after I opened my tablet I'm FC'ing maps that I couldn't even pass before lol
Thanks for all the help guys!