forum

Lunatic Rave 2 (BMS)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dolphin
Let's reincarnate this game thread with a better op.

Lunatic Rave 2 is a beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music simulator! Really fun and has a lot of cool songs made by it's users!
LR2 uses BMS and BME files as simfiles/beatmaps. Which is where the term BMS comes from! (as seen in many beatmap sources)

If you want to learn how to install and get LR2 working, here is a text guide with images by me: http://goo.gl/szeAg
It would be nice if someone could help me with the more advanced stuff!
MAD BMS Starting Guide by argentic: http://pastebin.com/8PrSz1PN
Go ahead and discuss various BMS files, difficulties, ranks etc.
Feel free to post videos, scores, or link your LR2 IR Profile Page! I will list all profiles linked!

8-)
Doorknob_old
Haven't played for a while since Osu!Mania came up and I've been enjoying BMS converts on there. Multiplayer and fast loading time (Compared to LR2 requiring 2-3 minutes to load) helps.

Last uploaded LR2 play:

Options are always a blast:
Cristian
Mine's kuriz but i don't use that user not so well, i got un-official BMS files :I
Topic Starter
Dolphin

Cristian wrote:

Mine's kuriz but i don't use that user not so well, i got un-official BMS files :I
Well all BMS files are unofficial, as most of the are user-created and the Internet Ranking is open for anyone to edit (I think you have to be signed in first)
It doesn't matter if you play BMS files that are not available for IR in my opinion. 8-)

But it should be possible to enable IR on BMS that don't have it on yet. You just need to make sure to add information on the IR website, like a download link, or a video! The IR is for the most part updated by the people using it. Kinda like Wikipedia. :oops:
Cristian
>DJMax charts
huehuehue
Inori
Alright, I've compiled 11th to 18th Style skins in this mediafire folder

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/aw2821f ... LR2_Themes

Make sure you download the soundsets from the link i've provided in the text file as well as the system file that's needed for the skins to work properly.
Topic Starter
Dolphin

Inori wrote:

Alright, I've compiled 11th to 18th Style skins in this mediafire folder

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/aw2821f ... LR2_Themes

Make sure you download the soundsets from the link i've provided in the text file as well as the system file that's needed for the skins to work properly.
Ah! Thank you so very very much!! :)

Added the link to the guide, you are credited! :D
Cristian
THERE'S TRICOROOOOOO
Inori

Cristian wrote:

THERE'S TRICOROOOOOO
Yeah, just a little experiment i was working on.
I'm working on updating it for now, expect some improvements in the future.

Oh, make an edit to the guide.

the OVERACTiVE rar isn't required, the file that is completely required is the "system.rar" file in the IIDX skin folder.
Topic Starter
Dolphin

Inori wrote:

Cristian wrote:

THERE'S TRICOROOOOOO
Yeah, just a little experiment i was working on.
I'm working on updating it for now, expect some improvements in the future.

Oh, make an edit to the guide.

the OVERACTiVE rar isn't required, the file that is completely required is the "system.rar" file in the IIDX skin folder.
Ah. I heard elsewhere that you needed OVERACTiVE to work. I will fix it right ahead! :P edit: fixed! :o
Inori

Dolphin wrote:

Ah. I heard elsewhere that you needed OVERACTiVE to work. I will fix it right ahead! :P edit: fixed! :o
It's needed to make the frames that you downloaded from the place you found the info at.
XK2238
Topic Starter
Dolphin

XK2238 wrote:

LR2 newbie reporting in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRtrH1HK5lo
I'm even more newb than that ;w; i sak
DeeN
wow looks someone play bms either

LR2 ID:032106

now expect for BOF2013 cause nankumo come back and my favourite artist 愛新覚羅溥儀 will join this year

this genius' miarcle↓
Topic Starter
Dolphin
Yeah! BOF2013! I am really excited to see all the music! I am definetively going to map some BOF2013 songs! :D
Woot nankumo is back?! Aw sweet!
Anyone know if xi or sakuzyo is particpating?
xxbidiao
Oh I have the same ID in LR2IR (xxbidiao)

Nice to meet you there! :)
Topic Starter
Dolphin

xxbidiao wrote:

Oh I have the same ID in LR2IR (xxbidiao)

Nice to meet you there! :)
Hello! Always fun to see people playing this! Barely come across anyone :(
I'm going to add you to the list right away :D
-Cho
Does anyone have/know any links for the official IIDX files ? The link in the guide doesn't seem like they're going to be uploading the rest since it's quite a few months old now.
Topic Starter
Dolphin

Aerei wrote:

Does anyone have/know any links for the official IIDX files ? The link in the guide doesn't seem like they're going to be uploading the rest since it's quite a few months old now.
I've been looking eagerly for it myself and that link on Tricoro.net is the only thing I found. :/
I know that Bemanisows had a BMS page for IIDX stuff but its currently down. :(
-Cho

Dolphin wrote:

Aerei wrote:

I've been looking eagerly for it myself and that link on Tricoro.net is the only thing I found. :/
I know that Bemanisows had a BMS page for IIDX stuff but its currently down. :(
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4016971

Sent this to Dolphin and he's going to upload the iidx files to mega later, but for anyone who doesn't want to wait this is a torrent for (as far as I have played) fully working IIDX 1-19 with BGA for LR2. Downside is the site requires you to register (free) before you can download and it blocks Microsoft's translator, so you have to work around the russian yourself.
Topic Starter
Dolphin
Google Chrome's Translate function translated the site pretty well for me. :p

EDIT: I started uploading today. Since 1-12 is already on Tricoro.net, I'm uploading 13-19 to MEGA.
Should take me a little less than a few days to get it all up.
Although my upload speed is pretty much useless, I get 1% every 2-3 minutes on a single Style. So it should be around 3-4 hours per Style.

EDIT 2: All styles from 13th to 19th are uploaded to MEGA and the link is in the Document!
I might upload 1st to 12th to MEGA as well to keep it all in one place but idk if it is worth it.
Inori

Bleh.
Topic Starter
Dolphin

Inori wrote:

Bleh.
Cool! I wish I was that good ;;

I'm going to add the YouTube link to the Tutorial as an example for 7K Gameplay.
TheBigA
Hihi, BigA in LR2.
Just started this yesterday, let's see how long it will keep me away from osu.
Topic Starter
Dolphin

TheBigA wrote:

Hihi, BigA in LR2.
Just started this yesterday, let's see how long it will keep me away from osu.
Woohoo! Welcome! :D

Also, I used Google Translate on the BMS OF FIGHTERS 2013 site, seems like all BMS will be available to download and play on the 29th of September!!
omg hype hype!!
show more