forum

Which mods help improving the most?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Zan ]
hardrock, double time, hidden, or flashlight and why?
I've tried hidden but there's always 1 area where I may trip up then just die, advices?
Pizzicato
DT-ing songs below 150bpm imo
Anzo

Pizzicato wrote:

Wishy
HR imo.
boat
Flashlight lmao
Winshley
Each mod lets you improve in different way.

- HardRock lets you learn to play high AR and Accuracy on Insane maps.
- DoubleTime lets you learn to play with speed. (This is usually preferred to most players)
- Hidden lets you learn to play without depending on approach circles and some memorization.
- Flashlight lets you learn to play with purely memorization. (This mod takes quite a grinding effort especially on lengthy maps, hence most people doesn't use this mod often)
Dekonare
DT and HR
Nuff' said
Natsu
HR
benguin
The only thing flashlight makes you better at is playing with flashlight (the mod only makes you better at using the mod)
GoldenWolf

Anzo-nii wrote:

Pizzicato wrote:

MMzz
"What mod can help you improve" is sort of vague. The content of the map you are playing is a bigger factor than the mod you use. But in terms of what the mods will eventually help you do better:

Hardrock: Better accuracy, reading faster AR, improved pointing accuracy.
Hidden: Less dependency on approach circles.
Flashlight: No idea. This is more of a joke mod imo.
Doubletime: Faster playing speeds.
GoldenWolf
Also playing DT kind of improve my reading of lower ARs (Well, more my reading of many objects on the screen at once, since that doesn't change like with HR)
I'd improve faster on that precise point by playing EZ though, but eh, DT is like improving a lot of different skills at the same time, like improving the control of my fingers especially with all those slow maps (under 150bpm) with weird rythms (like doubles-doubles-single-triple-etc) that I don't see on faster maps.

(This is kind of a random-thoughts post)
Aqo
Relax helps you improve the most.

It will teach you to take it easy (and important skill) and also to be able to consistently aim at stuff even if you're inconfident about how to click on them \:D/
GoldenWolf
=><=
What did you do to him D:

(Also I agree, Relax best)
buny
Improving at what?

For speed, probably HR and DT
Accuracy, HD
Memory, FL
winber1
nofail
Kanye West
nomod
winber1
you know i was actually half truthful
Kanye West
you know i was actually half trolling
lolcubes
Perfect.

Cause once you start passing stuff with it, stuff happens, yeah.