forum

Seizure problems with the new main screen [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CeilingPanda
Explain the issue you are having:
Seizure problems with the new main screen.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

Start osu.
Press play go back to the menu.
Go into the editor and back to the menu.

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
No I will not take another screenshot on that. Sorry but I already had a headache for 10 minutes just starting it once.
The blue light in the background without an option to turn it off should be enough.
peppy
? this can not cause a seizure. please wikipedia how seizures occur.
Stormee
Did you even consider how people would react to this or did you just think "This will be a great idea and everyone will love it cause it's flashy!"
It's a terrible thing and why isn't there a toggle for this at least for the people that find this stupid and/or annoying?
Well that's my opinion on this.
Topic Starter
CeilingPanda

peppy wrote:

? this can not cause a seizure. please wikipedia how seizures occur.
The problem is that it is bright and expands fast on beats which creates the illusion of a flashing bright light, I know how I feel when I am about to have a seizure and without the intention to be rude, that's something that you do not know about. I would like to at least have an option to turn it off. If it was only a preference I would have posted it in the Feature request or whatever it is called, such as my Ignore list.

The only comparable thing in osu would be storyboards, which you can toggle.
Topic Starter
CeilingPanda

Stormee wrote:

Did you even consider how people would react to this or did you just think "This will be a great idea and everyone will love it cause it's flashy!"
It's a terrible thing and why isn't there a toggle for this at least for the people that find this stupid and/or annoying?
If it was an opinion it belongs to feature requests, but my mom had to get up to me due to osu! restarting without any warning and there a bright flashy light was.
Stormee

Madlollipop wrote:

Stormee wrote:

If it was an opinion it belongs to feature requests, but my mom had to get up to me due to osu! restarting without any warning and there a bright flashy light was.
Yeah I meant the this being stupid and annoying I understand your problem though
TheVileOne
I'll unmark until a more formal response is made. I directed the OP here, because there was real concern about it presented to me.
peppy
I would highly suggest turning down your monitor brightness if you are affected by this. I have no intention on adding a toggle, but a colour setting may be added in the future. You can avoid it for now by hitting 'p' on your keyboard while closing your eyes when starting osu!.
Topic Starter
CeilingPanda
Thank you, please consider adding a toggle though, as most storyboards have a seizure warning, but this does not.
TheVileOne
I really hope your actions don't cause any mishaps peppy.