forum

The Pretty Reckless - Kill Me

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nyquill

LKs wrote:

read the post before posting, dkun. help the map sincerely, or stand away from it
this is the truth written in stone
hihi you guys are talking about two different things which are both true now stop before I start cleaning threads.

I guess my sum up wasn't seen.

1. APPROACH MAPPERS TO HELP THEM.
2. STOP TRYING TO SEE WHO CAN DROP THE BIGGER BOMB. WE HAVE NUKES FOR THAT (bad analogy but w.e).
3. LETTING PEOPLE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING IN THREAD SOLVES MILLIONS OF PROBLEMS.
UnitedWeSin
I PMed Jericho asking him to check the reply, and post here whether or not he wants to rebubble. Hopefully it can get resolved.^^
popner

UnitedWeSin wrote:

I PMed Jericho asking him to check the reply, and post here whether or not he wants to rebubble. Hopefully it can get resolved.^^
If he don't want to give the bubble back, other BATs(after contacting BATman) or a BATman can do so since no unrankable issues has been pointed out. For any further discussion, bring it to the right place.
Topic Starter
Zero__wind
thx UWS
I'll wait for that

and to BB : If you hate me for this
ok, I don't even care
What has been said has been said, and I would never regret it
But even though, I helped you with your map
And I'm just confused why do you have to be so nit-picking to everyone else ?
I've also seen the case in yanlu's latest map.
What's for ?
Well yeah, maybe I should be more understanding to think you're so kind to help us in this way
But ok plz that's enuogh

And to whoever would help me solve this, gratefully thx inb4
Let's just be calm and patient here
Kurai
Mapper replied to the mod properly, though in a horrible manner. Rebubbled, end of drama.
This is not my bubble, I'm just restoring UWS's.

@Zero__Wind: When you receive mods, reply to them properly, especially if you aren't going to fix anything. Thanks.
yanlu
凌風啊

Lan wings wrote:

翻了两段 怒坠毁

你为何这么屌
Topic Starter
Zero__wind
thank you Kurai

And just saying, if you know me you would know that I reply to every single mod I've got, since I've become a mapper, well you don't know me though
And I've always been in better manner if the "help" comes in a better way, even only a little better than this

But anyway, sorry for my bad English, I'll try to behave
only to not be a ***** like them

Waiting for further mods or anything
still, greatfully thx inb4
BounceBabe

Zero__wind wrote:

and to BB : If you hate me for this I didn't even see this. I'm not angry one bit, if you mean this. No actually i wanted to help making the map better because how it is now, it's only playable for "pro"-players and not good for average players. It doesn't flow good and your pattern are just randomly and not right placed. If you would of mapped like that 3 years ago, then this map would of been denied by everyone and just considered as unrankable and the only suggestion would of been that it should be remapped from the start, you know? Seriously, this is no good map. Maybe it plays good for others, but putting circles and sliders in any way, this is what people can do who don't want quality. There is no actuall passion behind this. This can do anyone.
ok, I don't even care You seem to don't care for anything it seems. If you can't even answer proper and just insult and see my mod as useless and not helpful at all. I tried to help and nothing else. I really don't mind what you said in Numb or not, it's what you think, it's your opinion. But you don't know any facts behind it, so don't make judgements at once. You should be actually happy about the fact that i wanted to make your map better. Others ask for it, i did it by myself, because i want quality, not rankability.
What has been said has been said, and I would never regret it So, you like insulting? You dont regret acting not nice and insult other people who want to help? This is not a good attitude. You shouldn't take everything so offensive, seriously.
But even though, I helped you with your map
And I'm just confused why do you have to be so nit-picking to everyone else ? Again, i don't pick on someone. It seems like i waist my time helping you guys. Even though you have a bubble, doesnt mean you have a good map there. Seems like you want such maps, ok. It might be subjective but you must see the facts. I've seen so many maps nowadays which dont deserve it to be ranked, they are just so random and not good one bit. The ranking criteria are only objective now. Only rankability counts because this community is so big. (well, not many active mappers, but oh well) You don't have to follow this, i mean you can make a jump now and then, but no spacing at all is a little too much. A lot of people do that and i dont understand it tbh. This has no quality and nothing to do with mapping anymore. It's just creating something so you have something to play. People only crave for ranking now, because everything is rankable. Wasn't like that before. Maybe "pro" players expect it but myself as example, i map because i want to make something special and because i want to see a song mapped, which should be mapped and because i like it, not because i crave for rank. It should be a passion not a "i have to get this ranked fast" map
I've also seen the case in yanlu's latest map. There was the same problem. And i only tired to help and to make the map better.

Modding a map can be pointing out errors, mistakes and such unrankable points, yes, but theat's not the case here. And for this kind of case, to write a mod, you should try to try the help the mapper himself to improve his map according to the mapper's own thinking, instead of just pointing everything out which is not to your liking. That's not fully correct. If you ask for a mod, if you receive a mod from someone, it means that you ask or get a subjective opinion over how your map is and what should or could be better. It's not only just errors. It is a personal opinion given by someone who wants to help.
And from my point of view, I made my map to make it nice to play, rather than only nice to look at. It is nice to play for players who don't know anything from mapping. These don't know what good or bad is. They just play, rank and delete most likely the map again because they care shit for how it's mapped. I also try to make it fun, but this mean it should have flow as well. Not only spacing here, spacing there.
I prefer playablity and fun factor at the sfirst place, instead any unneccessary symmetry or something like that. I never want to make a map like a beautiful vase with nothing actually nside.If you prefer that you have only jumps and no flow, fine, your opinion. I also don't like symmetry, but i also don't like nonsense in maps. And i always try to make a map good including the look. This is hard, you know? I don't only just make something so people have a map to play. I try to make them like it, so they actually play it more than once. Opinions are different. But i have my priorities as well. I set them in everything, not only looking. I try to be creative, look for it to be not overmapped, fitting to the music, and also keep it fun. I overthink everything, and try to make my best on every map. I also appreicate mods a lot, since they help me knowing what i could make better, or what people like. That's what it is good for.
If you don't want my modding and my subjective thinking about your spacing then i won't mod your maps anymore. That's ok. I will help someone else instead then, who wants me to help. It's not about picking, it's about to make something better. And your attitude was really rude, nowadays it is always the same and im dissapointed in people who act like that. If you feel so attacked from me then just tell me and i will stop modding and share my opinion. I want better maps, these are just average maps, which give people something to play. I am more the person who wants to see something never seen before, or at least something new.
mintong89

零风, 以后事情说清楚就好 不用侮辱的,
mod是别人为你做的 当你收到mod时应该是感谢他, 就算他有错你只要和他说就行不用insult的.
总之我觉得BounceBabe这次说得对.

好吧如果我说错什么就ignore我吧 = =/
零风加油!
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

BounceBabe wrote:

Zero__wind wrote:

and to BB : If you hate me for this I didn't even see this. I'm not angry one bit, if you mean this. No actually i wanted to help making the map better because how it is now, it's only playable for "pro"-players and not good for average players. It doesn't flow good and your pattern are just randomly and not right placed. If you would of mapped like that 3 years ago, then this map would of been denied by everyone and just considered as unrankable and the only suggestion would of been that it should be remapped from the start, you know? Seriously, this is no good map. Maybe it plays good for others, but putting circles and sliders in any way, this is what people can do who don't want quality. There is no actuall passion behind this. This can do anyone. I didn't say you did so, just a may-be offensive guessing and I'm glad that you didn't, which would make me think you're more mature anyway. You're right by saying my map won't be rankable 3 years ago, it's not because those so called contemporary unrankable maps are bad, it's that the mapping conception changed through the years. Just like everything in real life changes. too many famous styles of art nowadays wouldn't even be acceptable if thrown to the past. That's also what happenening in osu community. There're still old-style maps getting ranked nowadays like this, while there're more new-style map getting ranked, because we're in the new age now. Let me say yours may more likely to be the former and mine belong to the latter. Let's think mappers are producers of maps. We produce maps to players, just like chothing, food, car or any anything have been produced to customers. There are different kind of customers, who prefer different kind of product, just like different players preferring different maps. In the past, when there's no new-style maps, players can't choose, but now they can. There would be players satisfied by your maps, also there would be other who would like mine. I don't ever think my ranked maps are bad, and please don't just regard it as something too cassual or with no proper quality. They recieved so many good comments and they deserve that, I deserve that.
ok, I don't even care You seem to don't care for anything it seems. If you can't even answer proper and just insult and see my mod as useless and not helpful at all. I tried to help and nothing else. I really don't mind what you said in Numb or not, it's what you think, it's your opinion. But you don't know any facts behind it, so don't make judgements at once. You should be actually happy about the fact that i wanted to make your map better. Others ask for it, i did it by myself, because i want quality, not rankability. I really don't care. Welcome voting 1 for every map of mine if that follows your conscience. My maps are good, not bad. You may don't wanna admit, that was just you, or someone like you, not everyone.
What has been said has been said, and I would never regret it So, you like insulting? You dont regret acting not nice and insult other people who want to help? This is not a good attitude. You shouldn't take everything so offensive, seriously. I think you should actually use the creativity which you've put in these sentences into your maps. So many modders modded map, and also many of them modded my map gratuitous. Because when they love my map, they feel like to mod it and help me to get it good and get it ranked. I've also writed many mods without being requested, only because I love it. If you don't like my map, you don't need to do so.
But even though, I helped you with your map why is there nothing here? Because I did wrote useful for your numb map, even at that time I was not experienced. But your didn't bring me anything really useful. I'm talking about the fact, just be honest.
And I'm just confused why do you have to be so nit-picking to everyone else ? Again, i don't pick on someone. It seems like i waist my time helping you guys. Even though you have a bubble, doesnt mean you have a good map there. Seems like you want such maps, ok. It might be subjective but you must see the facts. I've seen so many maps nowadays which dont deserve it to be ranked, they are just so random and not good one bit. The ranking criteria are only objective now. Only rankability counts because this community is so big. (well, not many active mappers, but oh well) You don't have to follow this, i mean you can make a jump now and then, but no spacing at all is a little too much. A lot of people do that and i dont understand it tbh. This has no quality and nothing to do with mapping anymore. It's just creating something so you have something to play. People only crave for ranking now, because everything is rankable. Wasn't like that before. Maybe "pro" players expect it but myself as example, i map because i want to make something special and because i want to see a song mapped, which should be mapped and because i like it, not because i crave for rank. It should be a passion not a "i have to get this ranked fast" map yes, glad you admit that you just don't understand what other mappers are doing. Yes, because we're serving different customers. Don't ever think the new-style mappers are with no quality and experience. And I've never eager for or achieved a speed rank. When my map reaches the quality, when my map meets the standard, it can be ranked with no problem.
I've also seen the case in yanlu's latest map. There was the same problem. And i only tired to help and to make the map better. unfortunately it's unwelcomed tbh

Modding a map can be pointing out errors, mistakes and such unrankable points, yes, but theat's not the case here. And for this kind of case, to write a mod, you should try to try the help the mapper himself to improve his map according to the mapper's own thinking, instead of just pointing everything out which is not to your liking. That's not fully correct. If you ask for a mod, if you receive a mod from someone, it means that you ask or get a subjective opinion over how your map is and what should or could be better. It's not only just errors. It is a personal opinion given by someone who wants to help. yes, ok there may be many subjective points in a mod. But that's still not the way I preferred, to receive and to write. I think I should view the map first from the mappers' side, and then from mine. I've said it before, if you're just pushing so hard with your own mapping thinking, why don't you map it yourself? When you're modding other ones' map, remember it's their map, you should try to understand and respect what they are trying to achieve, just like what other modders did to yours.
And from my point of view, I made my map to make it nice to play, rather than only nice to look at. It is nice to play for players who don't know anything from mapping. These don't know what good or bad is. They just play, rank and delete most likely the map again because they care shit for how it's mapped. I also try to make it fun, but this mean it should have flow as well. Not only spacing here, spacing there. Please know what you're doing as a mapper. No cusomers care about what kind of technical methods have been used to plant their everyday food, they only know if it's safe and delicious, just like too many players won't care about if three coherent circles form a regular triangle or not, they only wnat maps which plays nice. Can you say only regular geometric shapes and symmetrical patterns play nice? No you can't. Then please just don't deny maps which don't follow that.
I prefer playablity and fun factor at the sfirst place, instead any unneccessary symmetry or something like that. I never want to make a map like a beautiful vase with nothing actually nside.If you prefer that you have only jumps and no flow, fine, your opinion. I also don't like symmetry, but i also don't like nonsense in maps. And i always try to make a map good including the look. This is hard, you know? I don't only just make something so people have a map to play. I try to make them like it, so they actually play it more than once. Opinions are different. But i have my priorities as well. I set them in everything, not only looking. I try to be creative, look for it to be not overmapped, fitting to the music, and also keep it fun. I overthink everything, and try to make my best on every map. I also appreicate mods a lot, since they help me knowing what i could make better, or what people like. That's what it is good for.
Yes, every mapper wants to be a better mapper. You have your goals to achieve while I have mine. I never deny your maps like that. I think your maps are for pp and mine is for fun. So palyers eager to ranking may like yours better while other who want more interesting challenge would prefer mine. Mentioning once again, please know that we are serving different kind of players.

If you don't want my modding and my subjective thinking about your spacing then i won't mod your maps anymore. That's ok. I will help someone else instead then, who wants me to help. It's not about picking, it's about to make something better. And your attitude was really rude, nowadays it is always the same and im dissapointed in people who act like that. If you feel so attacked from me then just tell me and i will stop modding and share my opinion. I want better maps, these are just average maps, which give people something to play. I am more the person who wants to see something never seen before, or at least something new. Yes I don't, I really don't need your mods to be in my way. Not because you delayed my ranking, but that your mods make my map not looking like my map but yours or just something too weird which stands inbetween. Please don't think that I regarded all your mods as useless, I never did so. Your mod may be really helpful for mappers of your style and who agree with your thinking, but unfortunately I'm not, and how could anyone be so honest like me to say that your mod in this map is even not a little bit useful. I've read your mod carefully and replied to it carefully. Please don't think I'm disrespectful to be like this. I'm not rude, I',m blunt. I dare to say something others do not.
To make it sumple for everyone else, please know that we're not attacking each other with this. It's just that too many things should've been made clear like this.
And now,, hope I've ended this.
But somehow, if anyone still wants to have a talk with me accordingly, come.
dkun
checking this map now.

is drum-hitnormal used at all? from what I can tell, it doesn't use it (unless i'm deaf! haha). let me know please.
mathi747
Hi~
was playing your map and noticed that you have the same bg as other map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/37305 you may want to change it,but if you really dont care just ignore this xD

Great map as always :3

Topic Starter
Zero__wind
@dkun: sure it is used, and used quite frequently, but I didn't add it by setting green lines but by adjusting sampleset so that you may not realize. It's a kick sound of the drum, quite low pitch one, so that's why you may think you didn't hear it, but it's really important for my map. I'm sure.

@mathi747 : yeah, surely I know that, but I noticed that after I've chosen this bg. It means that I don't care if it's used once because it really fits my song imo.
It's quite a dark style piture, with female charater, and with electric guitar. For these, it's already fitting so nice for the song. I've checked the pictures you've shown, they're quite nice pictures as well, but not really close to my understanding of the song. So, sorry for no change, but of course, thx for the help and, glad you'd enjoy the map `w` I'd save the pictures cause they look so nice~ maybe I'll use it one day~ haha
and just saying, the guitar in the 3rd pic looks quite like mine xD
dkun
Everyday I wake uppppp~
Everyday I wake up aloneeeee~

This is an awesome map!
UnitedWeSin
Gratz Zero__wind! :>

dkun wrote:

Everyday I wake uppppp~
Everyday I wake up aloneeeee~
Flask

Lan wings wrote:

你为何这么屌
Regou

Lan wings wrote:

你为何这么屌
grats~
Oyatsu
Congratz! Number 0 (Number Zero :oops: )
Topic Starter
Zero__wind
haha
I also wake alone xD
thank you dkun and UWS~

Guys let's get ready to get killed!~
lkx_Shore
rank la
mathi747
Yay finally ranked, map so fun
Gratz!
and yeah i think bg fits perfect for the song
Selisi
Gratz!~
Melt
Gratz :3
TicClick
A+
Zare
I know that bg
pw384
凌风杀人

EDIT: 卧槽你人性呢
EmingK

Lan wings wrote:

你为何这么屌
rezoons
edit: 18th AUG. thanks to HabiHolic and rezoons
Ok, what i've done wasn't a mod. I just pointed some random useless nazi stuff. I wanted to mod it but i finally couldn't. That's why i asked you to not give me any kudo but since you obviously didn't read it, if a BAT see this can he remove the kudo please? And if the author of the map see this can he remove my name from the description?

Thanks
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

Zero__wind wrote:

@rezoons : removed the circle in Easy amd fixed some minor spacing in other diffs, you deserve that kd
thx for your mod
No, actually I'm careful enough that I noticed that but somehow, I think the post is helpful, so I gave kd to it
Yuo may have found out that I gave the kd long after your post was written, that's the proof of my consideration
Saying again, you deserve that. Don't be concerned about it
rezoons

Zero__wind wrote:

Zero__wind wrote:

@rezoons : removed the circle in Easy amd fixed some minor spacing in other diffs, you deserve that kd
thx for your mod
No, actually I'm careful enough that I noticed that but somehow, I think the post is helpful, so I gave kd to it
Yuo may have found out that I gave the kd long after your post was written, that's the proof of my consideration
Ok, i'll try to say it in another way. I know my mod aren't great and i try to improve myself so i tried to do the best mod possible; especially for the M4M.... But it started looking like what BB did because i never understood your mapping style so i prefered erase everything, give up the M4M and i keep just the nazi stuff and quickly checked the other diff because i still wanted to post something after spending some time on it. (And seeing all the drama that there were it was a good idea)

But this mod is awful and i just didn't want to be associated with it that's why i want the kudo to be removed and my name in the description as well because it just support my bad reputation of modder. It's not because i think my mod don't deserve it, it's just because i don't want to be associated with it.

I probably should have explained it in detail in my mod but i thought you would respect the modders decision..... Guess i was wrong.
cRyo[iceeicee]
woah drama thread
gz w :3
Frostmourne

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

woah drama thread
wild cRyo o.o
cRyo[iceeicee]

Frostmourne wrote:

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

woah drama thread
wild cRyo o.o
no you x. x
Kinomi

rezoons wrote:

Ok, i'll try to say it in another way. I know my mod aren't great and i try to improve myself so i tried to do the best mod possible; especially for the M4M.... But it started looking like what BB did because i never understood your mapping style so i prefered erase everything, give up the M4M and i keep just the nazi stuff and quickly checked the other diff because i still wanted to post something after spending some time on it. (And seeing all the drama that there were it was a good idea)

But this mod is awful and i just didn't want to be associated with it that's why i want the kudo to be removed and my name in the description as well because it just support my bad reputation of modder. It's not because i think my mod don't deserve it, it's just because i don't want to be associated with it.

I probably should have explained it in detail in my mod but i thought you would respect the modders decision..... Guess i was wrong.
Oh,I think zero give you kudosu to show kindness,he respects you and your mod I think,and in fact your mod help him fixed sth,
rezoons

baldrace wrote:

Oh,I think zero give you kudosu to show kindness
Maybe, maybe not. You're not him so please don't talk about what he may or may not think. I think he can tell this himself. If it's a quiproquo we'll fix that quickly.

he respects you
Actually no since i asked him to not give me an kudosu and he did the exact opposite. Then i asked him to remove my name from the description and he refuses. It's clearly not respectful at all.

and your mod
Respect the mod means respect the "don't give kudo" line there is at the beggining of the mod. So, no! He didn't respect the mod. (Besides, it wasn't a mod)

and in fact your mod help him fixed sth,
So? If the modder asked to not receive any kudo you have to not giving him any. It's respect.

Please baldrace, i don't know what you wanted to do but it's useless to start any drama around something as stupid as this. I think we can handle this with zero_wind. There was enough useless drama in this tread like this.
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

rezoons wrote:

Zero__wind wrote:

Ok I got your point, then I'll not say a word about it. Don't be upset and please know that I appreciated your help anyway. thx
edit: I called a BAT to deny it and removed your name in my 1st post, hope you may think I am being respectful enough like this
rezoons

Zero__wind wrote:

Ok I got your point, then I'll not say a word about it. Don't be upset and please know that I appreciated your help anyway. thx
Thank you for doing it. All has been fixed (thank also to kanpakyin) so i have no reason to be upset.
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

Frostmourne wrote:

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

woah drama thread
wild cRyo o.o
Omg it's cRyo!
I missed a chance to catch you with my pokerball!
sad OAQ
Dark_Ai

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

woah drama thread
useless discussion :33

well grats zero o3o/
Topic Starter
Zero__wind

Dark_Ai wrote:

cRyo[iceeicee] wrote:

woah drama thread