akumaflonne
SWR
character: patchouli, tenshi, youmu
Xiao_old
Xiao
-Ontario, Canada
-IAMP (SWR blows balls)
-Characters used (IAMP): Youmu, Suika

I, like most of the mizuumi #iamp channel, think SWR blows hard and rewards too much for mashing. I like how unforgiving IAMP is.
GolGate
GolGate
- Thailand
- SWR
- Sakuya, Reisen, Remilia

I suck so much. :(
Shiftyness13
After a trying out Yuyuko, I found that I was quite a bit better with her than I am with Remilia. o: So please change my characters for SWR to be in this order: Yuyuko, Remilia, Patchouli.

Lyner
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
That is the point of this thread. Since i can't keep hamachi in a way that everybody is able to play, use the list to contact people on #osu

(i'll update the list like tomorrow or something)
Xiao_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lyner
I see :)
lukewarmholiday

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Everybody plays SWR ಠ_ಠ
People don't like learning combos and instead of learning IaMP people would rather go and learn a real fighter
Pasonia

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Xiaounlimited wrote:

Everybody plays SWR ಠ_ಠ
People don't like learning combos and instead of learning IaMP people would rather go and learn a real fighter
It's easier to learn combos consisting of a few keys than one that involves god knows how many directions, with meshes of buttons in between just so they get something out.

I believe SWR is made with the newbies in mind.
Xiao_old

lukewarmholiday wrote:

...then if they didn't like learning combos they shouldn't be playing fighters in the first place. Ever played Tekken or Guilty Gear? Tell me those are any easier to learn combos in.

I also fail to see what disqualifies IaMP as a "real fighter".

Pasonia wrote:

It's easier to learn combos consisting of a few keys than one that involves god knows how many directions, with meshes of buttons in between just so they get something out.
j.2A 2A 2B 421C HJ9 j.A j.8A
2A 2C/5C hj9 j.2C/j.5C j.66 j.8A
j.A j.6A j.2C (Airdash j.A j.6A j.2C)/ (Airbackdash j.6A j.2C)

Think that's "a few keys"? SWR combos that don't involve mashing out 5AAAA are even more complex than IAMP combos because of the addition of flying, but with lesser returns. Honestly, it's not as worthwhile to learn when you can just spam stupid shit and still potentially win because of how lenient the game is towards mashing.

Ultimately though, whatever you prefer you prefer. I prefer IAMP over SWR, but I can't expect anybody to follow suit
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Pokebis
IaMP came before SWR.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Jesus, you think i don't know that? That doesn't change the fact, that when you compare to SWR, all her moves Specials are pretty much backwards.
Xiao_old
Cyclone made me think about playing SWR seriously while we played IaMP. However, the fellows over at #iamp were kind enough to show me this TOP TIER Bullet Action the 5th finals replay with commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnUxNjj3VtM

So, I've come to the conclusion I'm not going to play SWR.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Xiao_old
They're not biased without reason, lol. The game is prettier graphically, sounds better and is fun to play for beginners but the mechanics are... ugh.

[16:00:58] <mauve> xiao: It might be, it's an okay game at higher levels
[16:01:00] <mauve> the problem is
[16:01:03] <mauve> there are basically no higher level players
[16:01:28] <mauve> xiao: so if you want a non-mashy game, first you need non-mashy players
[16:01:34] <mauve> and uh.
[16:01:36] <mauve> good luck on that one.
[16:01:42] <mauve> pretty much anyone who actually knew fighting games has bailed on it
[16:02:36] <mauve> 'higher level' play basically boils down to a hell of a lot of random movement shenanigans
[16:02:39] <mauve> and not so much zoning or trickery
[16:03:18] <mauve> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnUxNjj3VtM
[16:03:23] <mauve> this is the evolution of high level swr play
[16:03:24] <mauve> seriously
[16:05:56] <Xiaounlimited> what the fuck
[16:05:56] <Xiaounlimited> is this
[16:06:04] <mauve> tournament finals.

For the record, he's top-tier at both games so I'd say his opinion is pretty valid. Bellreisa's SWR profile name is actually "Fuck This Game".

With that said, I still might try SWR for fun but I'm not going to bother learning it to the point I've learned IaMP. It's fun to mash anyway.

[edit]
lmfao @ 2AA finish
Neo@lex
tbh I think it's the fault of every other fighter for being so strategy-orientated. I just want to fucking punch shit.

Edit: Disregard that.
SWR is an OK game, but I fucking hate what it did to the Touhou community. Touhou =\= GG/MB/SSBB/Halo.
For that reason, let's just pretend I hate SWR.
lukewarmholiday
Cyclone, in most fighters people play really defensively. They want to try to read their opponent so they can defend their attacks while waiting for an opening.

IaMP is a real fighter and so is SWR, SWR is just really really simple, juding from high level play it ends up as graze graze graze block block block graze graze graze.

Also every fighter will evolve because some guy will find a way to trick you.

then you counter that.

and he counters that.

then he counters that.

The end result will ultimately be determined by what is the most advantageous decisions the fighting system allowed. SF2 was STAND ON THE OTHER SIDES OF THE SCREEN AND POKE POKE POKE.

If running and poking untill one person fucks up is what tournney play boils down to because its the best strategy, people will do so. If people dont enjoy that, people will abandon the game.

basically compare that SWR video with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm2PeMEQic0 (only really need to watch the first 2 fights or so)

Basically that sol player is playing agressive as fuck and hardly giving regard to defending and still found a way to suceed. He's not winning any major tourneys but he scrubbed quite a few tourneyfags playing like a scrub(of course those combos arent scrubby at all) This is where some of guilty gears popularity comes from, there is a character for so many playstyles and its all pretty well balanced(of course guilty gear has had a thousand ports/remakes :V)

Only reason I care so much is that I tend to play games religiously when I find something I like so if somethings high end outlook looks bleak I give up on it.
SBKT
Maybe I should get SWR and come here too, but I'm too busy with Shoot the Bullet. I never bothered until recently.

Luff Aya.
Ryuukun
You may add me to the SWR player list.
I played with cyclone some round and it seems to work somewhat well even though I'm European.
So play me if you want i can't guarantee that it will work though.

Germany
SWR
Youmu Konpaku and Sakuya Izayoi
Metruzero
Metruzero
-Games played: SWR
-Characters used: Sakuya Izayoi, Aya Shameimaru.
An-Don
awww... what is this? it sounds so cool but i lost the link for the game :C
pitty :P
Metroid
Google it? it's pretty easy to find it, Ask Cyclone, he knows where you could download SWR and other Touhou games.
Takuma
Takuma
- United States
- IaMP
- Yuyuko, Patchouli, Alice, and Hong.
Doomsday
never played online with a Touhou game, but i might as well start sometime

Name: Doomsday93
Plays: IaMP, SWR, PoFV
Characters: Marisa (IaMP), Sakuya, Remilia (SWR), pretty much anyone (PoFV)
rust45
Topic Starter
Cyclone
rust45
Then can't it be unstickied.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Yeah sure why not.
Neo@lex