forum

Don't hide chat after playing a map [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
puncia
I don't know if this is a real feature request, but I don't see this going in Technical Support so I posted here.

What I'm asking for is to not hide the chat when you just finished playing a map. I think this was previously implemented when there was the old ranking screen (the one you can see now if you drag to the bottom the currently ranking screen).

This is kinda boring because I know many players press F8 and start chatting right after they finish a beatmap. It would be awesome if chat remain opened. Also I don't see why it currently hides.
boat
If you got auto-hide enabled, wont it pop up again at the end of the map?

I don't use it so I wouldn't know, but I recall it working that way.
Topic Starter
puncia

boat wrote:

It does, but I'm talking about when you see the ranking screen (I don't know how to call it, simply the screen you get right after finishing a map).

You hit last object of the map -> chat pops up (or you press F8) -> you write like 5 letters -> this screen appears -> chat hides (without even fading out).
FrzR

Puncia wrote:

boat wrote:

It does, but I'm talking about when you see the ranking screen (I don't know how to call it, simply the screen you get right after finishing a map).

You hit last object of the map -> chat pops up (or you press F8) -> you write like 5 letters -> this screen appears -> chat hides (without even fading out).
The main purpose of hiding the chat while the result screen is shown is for the player to see how he performed on the map. It's kind of annoying for other players but this was meant for all of us.
Bells
I have to say that its one of those little things that annoys me a lot when im about to type something and BAM! ... auto hide ... its rather annoying.

It is by no means the end of the world and whether its changed or not will impact no-one, but it is still annoying
Topic Starter
puncia

Fr33z3R wrote:

Puncia wrote:

The main purpose of hiding the chat while the result screen is shown is for the player to see how he performed on the map. It's kind of annoying for other players but this was meant for all of us.
But if you want to see the result screen first, why you open the chat?
TicClick
Yep, this annoys me a lot, because I have to unfold the chat again in order to type a message. Actually, this could be marked as a "bug".
CXu
Also, if you then open the chat again inside the ranking screen, finish typing whatever, closes the chat and returns to song select, the chat will open again. It's an annoyance I guess.
peppy
Fixed for next release.
D33d
yay!
Topic Starter
puncia
Thank you!