forum

How do i learn how to control my fingers... ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sevensens
I don't know why but i have a big problem when there is a tripple and another note underneath it because i tend to ALWAYS press xzxz when i do tripples and miss that last note.

If there is a stream and a slider at the end i also mostly hold down 2 keys at the same because the stream is ending on x and i intentionally hold down z. this is not to big of a deal since usually i can just lift 1 finger during slider but i would really like to master it .___.

I have trained stream maps for some weeks in a row now but my fingers just get faster, it doesn't feel like i get more control.

Any ideas or suggestions how i can improve best? :)
sorgenehtyals
practice those triples
Aqo
If you need to improve your technique, start slow. Play very low bpms with the kinds of patterns that you want to learn to play correctly until you learn to do it right and then work up the speed for that.
Topic Starter
sevensens
Play very low bpms with the kinds of patterns
hmm yeh i almost feared that answer :D

Low bpm maps are like the most suffer for me but i guess there is no other way than this ._.
... Time to practice (~°.°)~
Aqo
osu! is suffering
Callum
~
Wishy
If you play xzxz for triples you are just misreading imo.
Cobra

Wishy wrote:

If you play xzxz for triples you are just misreading imo.
I don't think so, I do it sometimes too. I just can't force my fingers to follow certain patterns.
I had this problem too, just play insanes with DT for 1 year and it will go away! XD it did for me atleast.
Naikaze
Play more.
Sohma99
Play less...
Take a 3 month break and hope the problem will fix itself when you come back.
That worked for me xD.
Naikaze
^That actually works too.
Topic Starter
sevensens
I had this exact same problem and I solved it by making a beatmap with triples that slow got faster. Now I'm fine, so just practice.
Can you tell me some maps you practiced on? would appreciate it =)
Oinari-sama
This is a relatively slow map for triplet practice: Hyakkoku Hajime - Pinch Daisuki! [Daisuki] or [Pinch]
Aqo
Just make your own practice maps, I don't get why not everybody does this

Pick a song you like, make a pattern you want to practice, copypaste it over the entire song, then play it repeatedly -> become good at that pattern.
Full Tablet

Aqo wrote:

Pick a song you like, make a pattern you want to practice, copypaste it over the entire song, then play it repeatedly -> become good at that pattern.
This would only work with songs that are either completely constant in rhythm (so the song sounds just like a metronome), or that fit the specific pattern. Also a custom practice map like that would be boring to play.
Aqo
"song sounds just like a metronome" <- yup
"a custom practice map like that would be boring" <- only at first

You gotta learn to love it
Jagermeiser

Aqo wrote:

but that requires lots of effort
buny

Aqo wrote:

"song sounds just like a metronome" <- yup
"a custom practice map like that would be boring" <- only at first

You gotta learn to love it
confirmed 50hour cookiezi