FC
51.05%
Pass
48.95%
Total votes: 143
show more
silmarilen
passing doesnt get me a top50
and i dont like imperfect performance, im a perfectionist, fc with as high acc as possible.
Raging Bull
FC favorite songs. Pass really hard maps. Although if I can consistently pass few really hard maps, I probably should aim for FC instead. :(
-GN
Now that I've passed a lot of the ranked super difficult maps, I can say I've gone from Pass to FC in what becomes the most fun. It's just a shame how the latter happens so rarely.
Starry-

jesus1412 wrote:

Passing.

FC is so boring and I feel like I've achieved nothing but a decent pass.
MillhioreF
Passing. I can't FC anything.
Moonpower
Passing, it feels much more like I am improving while trying to pass a map. Trying to FC a map is usually a stupid grind, because of random misses and such.
El Koko
Passing. Then I tryhard for FCs if I feel like doing it.
CXu
Other than maps like freedom dive, atama and probably some unranked shit, I can pass pretty much every ranked/approved map. (oh yeah and lol3848484bpm aka mad machine) Sooooooooooooo yeah FC.
puncia
Well FC, I'm not that good passing insane beatmaps.
Wishy
It depends. Passing chipscape or Airman is easy as fuck because of low drain. Then again getting an FC out of retries is pushing your own luck until you get a proper no-miss play. Overall: just passing, but not always.
Zakdawg
Usually passing a hard song is better than FCing a not so hard song.

I tend to get more frustrated trying to FC, because it is only 1 mistake that screws it up, while you can be at the blick of failing a hard songs, and end up passing.
Kanye West
Neither. SS is the most fun.
Tanzklaue

Kanye West wrote:

SS or die trying
Zeraph

Moonpower wrote:

Passing, it feels much more like I am improving while trying to pass a map. Trying to FC a map is usually a stupid grind, because of random misses and such.
Zare

Wishy wrote:

It depends. Passing chipscape or Airman is easy as fuck because of low drain.
all my hate for you

even though I'll say the same thing in a year
Winshley

Tanzklaue wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

SS or die trying
^

(Okay, it's passing actually. I did this often while offline)
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
i don't play maps i could FC

if i accidentally FC a map, then i would probably throw it away and never play again
Tidek
Passing, i dont see any fun with doing the same map again and again cuz of stupid random miss or sliderbreak, lol.
Mandrias
I find it a lot more fun to pass a song than I do to FC it because the relief from finally passing a song, and knowing your not as bad as you were yesterday is awesome. ^_^
winber1

GoldenWolf wrote:

FCing maps I can barely pass.
Cobra
Passing really hard maps. FCing something doesn't feel as rewarding for some reason.
Passing insane unranked maps is most fun :D i cant FC anything but boring shit >.<
XPJ38
Poll please.

As far as I am concerned, definitely FC. Playing maps that are way too hard is no fun for me.
[Luxord]

winber1 wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

This.

Also, if I love the song, I can try to FC it forever, no matter how hard is it.
(If it's very hard, I prefer to pass it simply. ._.)
RaneFire
Does need a poll.

GoldenWolf wrote:

KiyoshiX101 wrote:

Also, if I love the song, I can try to FC it forever, no matter how hard is it.
Similar reasoning, except I stop retrying once I start focusing only on the FC (can get a bit irritated). I gotta enjoy it and foremost.
I like accuracy too so just passing stuff doesn't make me feel good.
MillhioreF
Okay, let's poll it up.
sCam
FC'ing maps on first try is really fun for me
but passing a lot of insane maps is equally as fun for me

wish there was a 50-50 option, i voted fc'ing though
Topic Starter
Aqo

sCam wrote:

wish there was a 50-50 option
well the whole point is to make a choice which one weights highter

by the way I prefer passing. Even though HP setting is a superficial difficulty, I enjoy the difficulty of passing something that's hard to pass more than FCing something that's hard to FC since FC feels like it boils down to just 1 part in the entire map (the one that you're most likely to miss on) which makes all the rest of the map boring. Meanwhile when playing for pass the entire map is fun.
Naikaze

jesus1412 wrote:

Passing.

FC is so boring and I feel like I've achieved nothing but a decent pass.
Passing hard maps.

FCing hard and easy maps.
lolcubes
Where is the SS option? :(
Lanturn
FCing a hard with FL. Just 'passing' doesn't do it for me since I can't pass insane maps anyways.
Cyclohexane
Pass, definitely. Especially on Taiko. Although I do like a good FC HD sometimes, I still get the most mileage out of passing hard maps that require better skill.
chelly
FC is more fun. Barely passing extreme maps is great, but it feels like I just got lucky and didn't really put my skills in. Being able to keep up an FC (at least for me) is a test of skill.
Wishy
FC usually ends up being based on either grind or retrying until you don't get any random miss (except if the map is easy, then it isn't really a test of anything), which you could call luck. There is always some luck in everything you do if you think that way.
Full Tablet

Wishy wrote:

FC usually ends up being based on either grind or retrying until you don't get any random miss (except if the map is easy, then it isn't really a test of anything), which you could call luck. There is always some luck in everything you do if you think that way.
Consistency is a trainable skill in this game. You don't necessarily have to grind to get FCs, you can queue a dozen of beatmaps and play each one once trying to get as many FCs in a row as possible, for example; or you can play marathon maps.
Topic Starter
Aqo

Full Tablet wrote:

Wishy wrote:

Consistency is a trainable skill in this game. You don't necessarily have to grind to get FCs, you can queue a dozen of beatmaps and play each one once trying to get as many FCs in a row as possible, for example; or you can play marathon maps.
It's still luck because when you'll be in the level for FCing 180bpm maps randomplay you'll also be at the level for passing 270bpm maps consistently and "playing for FC" would basically be equivalent to playing easy as hell stuff that is boring for you.

For people who play maps on their level and not ten levels below, FC equals luck.
Wishy
Everyone is consistent, you are just consistent on your level, and when you push your limits you get random misses.
XPJ38

PikaPika677 wrote:

Being able to keep up an FC (at least for me) is a test of skill.
True that. And this is the only thing that matters in tournaments like OWC.
Wishy
OWC is about not being able to do the "retry 5000 times and get that awesome score you will only get once every 3000 plays".
silmarilen

Wishy wrote:

Everyone is consistent, you are just consistent on your level, and when you push your limits you get random misses.
so my level isnt even on hards?
show more