forum

Do you regret something about your playstyle?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dexus
I regret I didn't start out single tapping. I'm thankful I became skilled at alternating, but still it has been a long process for me to wash myself of that habit. It felt like I had to learn the game all over again. On the plus side I'm learning to stream better because of single tapping (I just think it's like tapping half notes but adding the other finger in)
Pizzicato
my pengrip. it's slowly destroying my index finger
Lapis-
Using my entire upper body to stream fast BPM/pengrip makes my cursor look shaky and my aim look weird
momp
i absolutely refused to use keyboard until a few months ago. i think i would have improved faster if i hadn't tried to stream using just my tablet...
also, spinners are hard for me. whenever i spin, the tip of my tablet pen touches the touch pad and messes it up. idk if that's just a lefty thing or what.
Wishy
I started out alternating and took me like 10 minutes to get somewhat used to single tapping, so no real regrets.
Kanye West
nope, mouse all the way no regrets #YOLO
Sohma99
I started single tapping with my middle finger, and got used to it for a very long time....
Now I single tap better and faster with my index, the problem is I have problem streaming using my index first, since I've got a habbit starting with my middle finger....
I wish I would have learned single tapping with my index from the very begining so that I don't have this problem, and I'm too lazy to learn how to stream using my index first.
Yes I can always use my middle finger to start streams while using my index to single tap everything else, but I sometimes screw up doing this xD.
Jagermeiser

Sohma99 wrote:

I started single tapping with my middle finger, and got used to it for a very long time....
Now I single tap better and faster with my index, the problem is I have problem streaming using my index first, since I've got a habbit starting with my middle finger....
I wish I would have learned single tapping with my index from the very begining so that I don't have this problem, and I'm too lazy to learn how to stream using my index first.
Yes I can always use my middle finger to start streams while using my index to single tap everything else, but I sometimes screw up doing this xD.

this. for a while, I could start doubles/triples/streams only with my middle finger. and I couldn't singletap stuff with my index finger either
Aqo
I regret having started playing.
El Koko

Aqo wrote:

Kert
I regret not playing HD at all for a long time since I started playing
Now I struggle with it a lot (speaking about aim, not accuracy)
Hiryuu_old
every time i start playing my mother mistakes me for a woodpecker
primrose
Regret buying tablet, because it wastes money. But It's okay because osu! is being a bit part of my hobby.
Oinari-sama
I've always been a mouse player and I regret not practising keyboard at all. It was a pain (and still is) when I took on tablet few weeks ago...
Dekonare

Pizzicato wrote:

my pengrip. it's slowly destroying my index finger
Scarlet Devil_old_1

PortalLife wrote:

Using my entire upper body to stream fast BPM/pengrip makes my cursor look shaky and my aim look weird
Fenarth
Why do you / are you people regretting starting out the game not single-tapping? Is alternating bad or something? I'm really confused, it seems like it would be a good thing.

I hold my tablet pen like I hold a real pen and it gets tense and sore after a couple hours and my pinkie really starts hurting

I also regret not turning on force proportions on my tablet as soon as I got it
-Soba-

Kokozord wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Vendredi
I regret that I have to double tap instead of single tap during fast maps.
I tried to play with keyboard too but I lose so much accuracy
silmarilen
its not really a playstyle, but i regret that i focused so much on accuracy and not a litle more on speed/stamina. i still cant even do the streams in maps like bspower explosion or end time.
Anzo
I'm starting to regret about not using the keyboard buttons as clicks for two years.
But I can play with pure mouse still, so it's not much of a problem.
benguin
I regret not learning how to properly hold a pencil, or in the case of osu, a pen when I was in elementary school. Its so easy to lose my grip and to be desperate for a readjustment x.x
Starry-
Pengrip is destroying my thumb. :(
Also, I ALWAYS have a habit of pressing 6 times on a stream of 5 notes, it causes me to break on sliders that follow and is really annoying.
Topic Starter
Dexus

Fenarth wrote:

Why do you / are you people regretting starting out the game not single-tapping? Is alternating bad or something? I'm really confused, it seems like it would be a good thing.

I hold my tablet pen like I hold a real pen and it gets tense and sore after a couple hours and my pinkie really starts hurting

It's better to single tap from what I've learned, you can develop faster streaming that way. Alternating just made me lazy.
Naikaze

Fenarth wrote:

Also

Kokozord wrote:

Aqo wrote:

isuckatosu

Sohma99 wrote:

why is middle finger bad?
show more