forum

kors k - Flip Flap [Osu|OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Winshley
You didn't use Full Submit, did you? I still had the old MP3 while the map is updated, resulting in the offset of the map being way too off. xD
Topic Starter
HanzeR

Winshley wrote:

You didn't use Full Submit, did you? I still had the old MP3 while the map is updated, resulting in the offset of the map being way too off. xD
I didn't know there was any way to do full submit anymore >< does redownloading not fix it? D:
Winshley
My bad, I keep forgetting that you can't do full submit anymore (BSS v2 feature).

But yeah, I just redownloaded the map and I still had the old MP3 with updated osu files.

EDIT: It's fixed after I deleted the whole map before redownloading. Might be an issue to the game itself, I guess. Dang it, I shouldn't have kept the song playing in the background when importing this map, since you can't delete it while it's being used to play the song in the background. OTL
Charles445
That's actually really interesting, I was under the impression that the OD being larger than normal was intentional. OD as a difficulty setting is radically different to the others. On a beginner difficulty, AR can ruin reaction time, CS can cause players to miss horribly, and HP can suck a beginner dry. OD, on the other hand, is dominantly an evaluation of circles and doesn't have as much as an effect on sliders. The higher OD seemed to work, then, as it would merely evaluate the beginner more strictly, not kill them or make it impossible to hit anything.

While I can't say this was a deserved unrank (as nothing was unrankable in the mapset), if the mapper perceives there to be an issue with their own set that they wish to fix, as long as it's tackled early it's alright.

It doesn't sound like HanzeR wished for an unrank, though, and that's the problem.

HanzeR wrote:

If it has to be unranked then I guess it cant be helped ;w;
It sounds like the map was unranked without the full authorization of the mapper even though the map itself was fully rankable. If that is the case, then that really sucks.

Also I see a lot of people talking about difficulty spread and getting more mods. The set itself is actually really well done, I haven't seen a map quite this good in a very long time, and this goes for both the mania and standard sets. I doubt the individual difficulties will need much modding.
As for adding difficulties to improve spread, the spread isn't that bad, and it's up to the mapper whether they want to introduce any new difficulties or not.
Winshley
I believed the mapper was not even aware that it has been set to OD7 (and was unintentional as quoted below):

HanzeR wrote:

Yeah, the begginner was not supposed to be od7 I have no idea how that happened ><
Also no one has pointed about the issue because (as you said) OD doesn't ruin gameplay directly.

I personally don't mind about it having OD7 as well, since I wanted to at least try SSing that with fullmod and seizes #1 permanently. *runs*
Gonzvlo

Charles445 wrote:

That's actually really interesting, I was under the impression that the OD being larger than normal was intentional. OD as a difficulty setting is radically different to the others. On a beginner difficulty, AR can ruin reaction time, CS can cause players to miss horribly, and HP can suck a beginner dry. OD, on the other hand, is dominantly an evaluation of circles and doesn't have as much as an effect on sliders. The higher OD seemed to work, then, as it would merely evaluate the beginner more strictly, not kill them or make it impossible to hit anything.
What you're saying is actually true, which is why some mappers use 4 or even 5 as OD for easy, but in this case using 7 (same as Insane) is definitely a problem, that shouldn't be up for discussion. OD messes up with how easy spinners are and how accurately you need to hit objects. It doesn't actually need to be justified because the mapper didn't meant to use these setting in first place, however even if you had to, I can't come up with any good reason to use a value beyond 4~5, it's just doesn't make sense.

Charles455 wrote:

While I can't say this was a deserved unrank (as nothing was unrankable in the mapset), if the mapper perceives there to be an issue with their own set that they wish to fix, as long as it's tackled early it's alright.

It doesn't sound like HanzeR wished for an unrank, though, and that's the problem.

It sounds like the map was unranked without the full authorization of the mapper even though the map itself was fully rankable. If that is the case, then that really sucks.
You're correct, the mapper didn't ask for the unrank. The map was unranked after the problem was noticed in #lounge, I'm afraid that this is not a subjective issue, using OD 7 in Beginner is not justified plus the mapper himself didn't mean to use OD 7 in first place (as specified in Lounge, wrong difficulty settings). I'm guessing something went wrong on the last update, I actually thought that you didn't notice how high the OD was in Beginner.
Secretpipe
Why the map is unrank now ?
Winshley
To be honest though, if there's something funny with the difficulty settings, it doesn't hurt to ask whether it's intended or not. :P
Dazzy
noticed this got unranked (sadface :( )

But this did not stop me from playing it for fun, but as I was going to kick off the insane mania diff the offset did seem a bit... very very off!

I sudgest fixing this, whatever happend (161 should probably be ok!)

Same goes for the easier mania difficultys, however the standard difficultys does seem to be fine!
Topic Starter
HanzeR

Dazzy wrote:

noticed this got unranked (sadface :( )

But this did not stop me from playing it for fun, but as I was going to kick off the insane mania diff the offset did seem a bit... very very off!

I sudgest fixing this, whatever happend (161 should probably be ok!)

Same goes for the easier mania difficultys, however the standard difficultys does seem to be fine!
Alright I checked everything and it should be fine now, try redownloading the map after deleting it and it should work for you :D
Agka
Was it unranked because of the standard set or the mania set? :o
Topic Starter
HanzeR

Agka wrote:

Was it unranked because of the standard set or the mania set? :o
The standard beginner diff was od7 :<
Aqo

HanzeR wrote:

should be OD9...

;_; please rerank quickly bats
Aurele
while we are at it..
change the bg LOL.

http://puu.sh/3OGYd.jpg
Agka

Aqo wrote:

HanzeR wrote:

should be OD9...

;_; please rerank quickly bats
but nobody cares D:
Winshley

Gabe wrote:

while we are at it..
change the bg LOL.

>Suggesting regular non-widescreen BG image
>Mapper doesn't want non-widescreen BG
>Suggesting non-widescreen BG image with almost everything is black

With that said, the BG image can be edited to have widescreen resolution. :P
Aurele
why do you think I gave it that way? >_>

I am not that idiot.
Topic Starter
HanzeR

Gabe wrote:

while we are at it..
change the bg LOL.

you're silly x_x
Gonzvlo
Log
16:34 Gonzvlo: Hey there
16:35 HanzeR: hello :D
16:35 Gonzvlo: Any luck finding the mania bat?
16:38 HanzeR: i tried messaging chonicle and woc but i havent seen charles445 on yet ><
16:38 Gonzvlo: Well, actually, the osu!mania diffs have been approved already and the issue was a standard one
16:38 Gonzvlo: Let me ask in #lounge, i should be able to re-bubble
16:39 HanzeR: ah ok
16:41 Gonzvlo: Right, I should be able to re-bubble
16:43 HanzeR: oh ok great :D
16:43 Gonzvlo: Everything looks fine except for this in [Hyper] 00:48:061 (1) - 00:53:546 (1) - The "overlapping" style goes quite good with the song and the rhythms. However, I belive this is pushing too far, would you try to make at least >50% of the slider-start visible?
16:49 HanzeR: sure, i had to do some rearranging but that makes sense
16:49 HanzeR: sorry was double checking hitsounds haha
16:49 Gonzvlo: No worries, okay, update the map now please
16:51 HanzeR: ok all set
16:54 Gonzvlo: Alright
17:03 Gonzvlo: Hm, was the mp3 changed?
17:04 HanzeR: yeah, i was told to reencode it to 192kb s
17:04 Gonzvlo: Oh right, that's why the offset is different, okay

Alright, re-bubbled. I hope this can get re-ranked asap.
Topic Starter
HanzeR

Gonzvlo wrote:

Log
16:34 Gonzvlo: Hey there
16:35 HanzeR: hello :D
16:35 Gonzvlo: Any luck finding the mania bat?
16:38 HanzeR: i tried messaging chonicle and woc but i havent seen charles445 on yet ><
16:38 Gonzvlo: Well, actually, the osu!mania diffs have been approved already and the issue was a standard one
16:38 Gonzvlo: Let me ask in #lounge, i should be able to re-bubble
16:39 HanzeR: ah ok
16:41 Gonzvlo: Right, I should be able to re-bubble
16:43 HanzeR: oh ok great :D
16:43 Gonzvlo: Everything looks fine except for this in [Hyper] 00:48:061 (1) - 00:53:546 (1) - The "overlapping" style goes quite good with the song and the rhythms. However, I belive this is pushing too far, would you try to make at least >50% of the slider-start visible?
16:49 HanzeR: sure, i had to do some rearranging but that makes sense
16:49 HanzeR: sorry was double checking hitsounds haha
16:49 Gonzvlo: No worries, okay, update the map now please
16:51 HanzeR: ok all set
16:54 Gonzvlo: Alright
17:03 Gonzvlo: Hm, was the mp3 changed?
17:04 HanzeR: yeah, i was told to reencode it to 192kb s
17:04 Gonzvlo: Oh right, that's why the offset is different, okay

Alright, re-bubbled. I hope this can get re-ranked asap.
thanks!! \:D/
Liiraye
IDK what people have told you about timing, but I find this to be pretty spot on.
Shohei Ohtani

Liiraye wrote:

IDK what people have told you about timing, but I find this to be pretty spot on.
Aurele
CDFA.. what are all those pictures??? :3333
Liiraye

CDFA wrote:

Liiraye wrote:

It was more personally directed to hanzer because he asked me to double check it, and people have told him about wrong offset etc.
dkun
Waiting for a re-check on Mania. Should be good to go after!
Topic Starter
HanzeR

dkun wrote:

Waiting for a re-check on Mania. Should be good to go after!
yay \:D/
chonicle
mania diffs are fine. \:D/
dkun
UNO DOS TRES CUATRO
Shohei Ohtani
cinco
Maiz94
Congratz \:D/
Topic Starter
HanzeR

dkun wrote:

UNO DOS TRES CUATRO
Yaaaay thank you so much dkun and chonicle!!!!!!!
Secretpipe
Finally Rerank :D YAY \O/
Leiwa
I feel offset has serious problem...
Offset: 190 (+129) is right, isn't it?
Topic Starter
HanzeR

Urushi38 wrote:

If you downloaded it before the unrank you need to delete it locally and then redownload it ^^;
Leiwa

HanzeR wrote:

Urushi38 wrote:

If you downloaded it before the unrank you need to delete it locally and then redownload it ^^;
Oh sorry. I didn't delete old files.
Thank you HanzeR.
Topic Starter
HanzeR

Urushi38 wrote:

Oh sorry. I didn't delete old files.
Thank you HanzeR.
Haha, a lot of people have had that problem, i should put something in the title box >>
UnitedWeSin
Ranked again. :>
Gratz!