forum

[Archived] pp ranking

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MortalBlade
Well basically i have gained some pp but my rank doesnt change.
And when i look at other players they have less pp but a higher rank.
Can anyone explain why?
mancuso_JM_
Here you have more information about the Performance Points (PP)

And.. Maybe you are looking on a wrong gammode. For example, probably the other player has a higher rank in Taiko (less pp than you in Standard), but since the ranking is individual per game mode you have a less rank in Standard
In conclusion, your PP is higher in Standard than the other user in Taiko, but your Rank in Standard is less than the other user in Taiko due to the number of players.
It is kinda difficult to explain it on this way, hope you can understand me.
XPJ38
Don't look at raw pp, this number doesn't mean anything. Just care about your rank.
VoidnOwO

XPJ38 wrote:

Just care about your rank.
Worst advice ever.
eldnl

BRBP wrote:

XPJ38 wrote:

Just care about your rank.
Worst advice ever.
If your rank has changed, then take care, that's what peppy said ... anyways, the change in lower ranks could be huge.
boat
He just worded it wrong. Raw pp doesn't really say anything, when changes are made it fluctuates for everyone; you and everyone else lose/gain PP, but your rank remains the same.

That unless some weighting calculations or whatever are changed, although this doesn't happen often. I'm not sure if it recalculates all old scores.
El Koko
Some changes were made and stuff happened. I went from 3100 to 3400 pp last night with no ranking change but after today's recalculation I went up like 6k.

Just wait for next recalculation or something, dunno