forum

My cursortrail disappears... please help me :( [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki
Explain the issue you are having:
My cursortrail disappears...
If I restart osu it's back but it disappears after a couple of minutes/hours again
I have to restart osu over and over again :l..

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. Do something
dl my skin
2. Do something else
use it
3. osu! explodes in a million pieces!
exactly : p

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66929634/cursor.rar
(I use the 2xsized cursor)

My osu! settings=
direct X
120fps
1280x800 res
hit lighting and shader effects are turned on

Use skin's sound samples checked
Always use skin cursor checked
Force slider rendering checked
Show judgement line checked

I don't turn on prefer new default skin because I think that makes my own spinner go away I mean osu uses the standard spinner if I turn this on -_-
Natsu
I dont know if is the same but happen to me today, some skin elememts disappears when I was playing... but I just restart Osu! and the problem dont happen again
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

Natsu wrote:

I dont know if is the same but happen to me today, some skin elememts disappears when I was playing... but I just restart Osu! and the problem dont happen again
Yes but it happens again with my osu : D
zinckingeye
please correct your cursortrail filename:
for 2x, filename for cursor trail is : cursortrail@2x.png
for normal, filename is : cursortrail.png
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

zinckingeye wrote:

I made it something else because I don't use the small one
I use the 2x version
if I do what you said it will use the 1x version and not the 2x version
??
Pizzicato
this happens to me too

it only happens to me when im using the new cursor trail. the issue doesn't happen to me when im using the old one
also the new cursor trail disappears whenever i toggle the extended chat (has a 30% chance of happening)
zinckingeye
since you use 1280x800 or higher reso, then sprites will use @2x version if available.
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

zinckingeye wrote:

since you use 1280x800 or higher reso, then sprites will use @2x version if available.
hmm... ok I'll do that then if it works
/edittttt
zinckingeye wrote:

I assume "cursor2x.png" and "cursor.png" is correct too
if so
that does not work
also my cursortrail that's being used is the small one if I do what you said
Is my osu bugged or did you say something that isn't right?

Pizzicato wrote:

this happens to me too

it only happens to me when im using the new cursor trail. the issue doesn't happen to me when im using the old one
also the new cursor trail disappears whenever i toggle the extended chat (has a 30% chance of happening)
Weird... sorry I can't help you >.<
zinckingeye
cursor2x.png really not work, always add @. all sprites you want to include for 2x always add @2x.png. example: default-0.png is default-0@2x.png for 2x size
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

zinckingeye wrote:

cursor2x.png really not work, always add @. all sprites you want to include for 2x always add @2x.png. example: default-0.png is default-0@2x.png for 2x size
wait what
why
?
and I did type cursor@2x.png etc
the small one is still being used
Dizco_old
This happens to me aswell, so it's not specific to this skin. New style custom cursor aswell.
And it has been happening for quite a while now, rarely.

Are you saying this is because we lack files for high definition sprites?

I will test it, however i'm still not sure what exactly triggers it. Just that nothing except a full restart will return it.

Edit: I managed to capture the missing trail, switched to deafult skin when it dissapeared as you can see its still gone even after switch.

Edit2: Adding high resolution sprites to my custom skin returned it without a restart when i switched back. This still does not seem like intended behaviour.

I believe this is the cause:

This setting requires certain sprites to have high resolution versions or this happens. Rather than normally what should occur is that the game substitutes the missing sprites with the deafult ones if im not mistaken.

Sorry i need to read more carefully.

Akane Kurashiki wrote:

I don't turn on prefer new default skin because I think that makes my own spinner go away I mean osu uses the standard spinner if I turn this on -_-
The problem seems to be simply lack of high resolution sprites regardless of skin style used. The game will attempt to use high resolution sprites even when none are present.
zinckingeye
ok. if still persist, i dont know if this work but check your osu!<myname>.cfg and look for a keyword highdefinition, change value from 1 to 0.
Dizco_old

zinckingeye wrote:

ok. if still persist, i dont know if this work but check your osu!<myname>.cfg and look for a keyword highdefinition, change value from 1 to 0.
If that doesnt work, installing these files to your skin should fix the problem if im not mistaken.
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

Dizco wrote:

zinckingeye wrote:

If that doesnt work, installing these files to your skin should fix the problem if im not mistaken.
WTF I did the same thing but it didn't work
but when I replaced it with yours it DID
why didn't my files work?
the names were exactly the SAME WTF -_-
Dizco_old

Akane Kurashiki wrote:

The names were the same, the files were diffrent. The @2x are completely new made by myself. I apologize for poor quality, i'm an amateur at image editing.

Technically your files DID work, they were just wrong size.
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

Dizco wrote:

Akane Kurashiki wrote:

The names were the same, the files were diffrent. The @2x are completely new made by myself. I apologize for poor quality, i'm an amateur at image editing.
then how can I make files like that?
ty btw ;p
TakuMii
I'm having the same issue, and I have no idea what is causing it. It's not the high-res files causing the issue, as I have both standard-size and 2x pngs for all 3 parts of the cursor in my skin.
Dizco_old

Akane Kurashiki wrote:

then how can I make files like that?
ty btw ;p
Use the template from this thread:
t/129191

@2x files should be twice as large as the standard ones.

YayMii wrote:

I'm having the same issue, and I have no idea what is causing it. It's not the high-res files causing the issue, as I have both standard-size and 2x pngs for all 3 parts of the cursor in my skin.
If thats the case, then i really don't know either :? hopefully this issue gets more attention.
MillhioreF
2 pages and nobody actually searches? This is a known bug.
t/124409
TakuMii

MillhioreF wrote:

t/124409
There should be a reminder somewhere telling people to look through low-priority before reporting a bug...
Topic Starter
Akane Kurashiki

YayMii wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

t/124409
There should be a reminder somewhere telling people to look through low-priority before reporting a bug...
is there a way to prevent this bug? the visibility of my cursor depends on my cursortrail
MillhioreF
Avoid hitting F9 or going into spectate/replay. No other way for the moment, just restart osu! when it happens.