forum

Replace all breaks [Editor] [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Menu option to re-apply breaks. Deletes all breaks then places them again.

Sometimes you don't notice that breaks are too long or too short, or too late or too early. This would allow for quick fixing of potential issues. Just run it before you submit.
K2J
You mean when you move notes or adjust timing? Yeah, I support this.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

K2J wrote:

You mean when you move notes or adjust timing? Yeah, I support this.
Read:

strager wrote:

Menu option to re-apply breaks.
I guess it could be automatic, though, but I would prefer a manual option anyway. (Well, a manual option to automatically readjust breaks. =])
Larto
Can't you just do that manually? I mean.. it's not a big deal?
Real1

Larto wrote:

It's easy to miss. It happens, and with an option like this... It wouldn't happen.

Gotta say I support it.
Takuma

Larto wrote:

Larto
If you are able to miss it, you probably won't notice it while playing, imho. Yeah okay, perfection and everything is fine, but an own button? If anything, make the breaks adjust automatically for small changes.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Larto wrote:

If you are able to miss it, you probably won't notice it while playing, imho. Yeah okay, perfection and everything is fine, but an own button? If anything, make the breaks adjust automatically for small changes.
Hmm...

Automatically adjust breaks when:

Changing BPM
Changing offset
Resnapping notes
Moving notes
Changing the length of spinners and sliders
Changing the Overall Difficulty

Anything else? If it can be handled very accurately (less than 1% causing mistakes (and hopefully recoverable ones) then I support automagic break replacement. Otherwise, I would still like a button.
Larto
Uh.. changing the overall difficulty does not influence breaks at all o.O
0_o
As much as automating it would be useful, it would be a problem for authentic EBA/Ouendan maps that have authentic breaks (they start a few beats after the previous note)
You could add a button (disable automatic break lengths) but that still involves a toggle :P
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Larto wrote:

Uh.. changing the overall difficulty does not influence breaks at all o.O
Try it.
Zekira
A higher overall diff. will produce a larger break, while a smaller overall diff. will produce a smaller break. If the break was leftover and you suddenly change the overall diff., the break won't change, and you have to erase-reapply it again manually.

I support this since I keep on getting 're-insert break' as part of being modded :|
Derekku
Supporting this because I'm a failure orz
mm201
If this is added then we need an actual setting to assign a beat offset to a break's beginning so we can continue to create rhythmic breaks.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Sir Minelli
Oh geez give me a "break"

How many breaks can there be in a beatmap? Just re-insert them. You wont die for doing that 2 - 3 times top, but peppy might die coding it though. Low priority.
Gemi

Sir Minelli wrote:

Oh geez give me a "break"

How many breaks can there be in a beatmap? Just re-insert them. You wont die for doing that 2 - 3 times top, but peppy might die coding it though. Low priority.
It's not about how bothersome it is, it's about preventing mistakes, since it's easy to forget to re-insert breaks.
CheeseWarlock
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
I've changed this to automatically update breaks on saving a map.
Jarby

peppy wrote:

I've changed this to automatically update breaks on saving a map.
Wouldn't this screw up authentic maps and the likes of Don't Stop Me Now?
Larto
Breaks like that have become unrankable anyways afaik
eee
Awesome, gj
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Larto wrote:

Breaks like that have become unrankable anyways afaik
Yes. If they are needed, the .osu can be edited manually.
mm201
Surely the #1 highest rated map can't be unrankable.

Rhythmic breaks add a subtle layer of professionality.