forum

'Click Here To Update' Not Updating [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sunsengnim
Well, my friend and I were in an online match just playing Super Junior maps but when I put on Sexy, Free & Single (GrayKaiser82) it said 'Click here to update this map' (Shown below)

BUT when it was clicked, it didn't update.

Now, you may say it just might not update for all of us right now, right?
Well... Since there were 2 people in the match, whom of which both got the message, one of us clicked it and it worked.
But... This one's still stuck.

We've:
Restarted Osu!
Deleted the beatmap from 'Program Files < Osu! < Songs'
The other has sent the 'working' beatmap files via .ZIP archive
Played other songs and came back to that one at the end. (We played for hours!)

Now we're just plain confused. We've usually just played Osu! normally without issues so we've never really came across something like this, or anything for that matter.

Any ideas and/or help? Thanks!
peppy
The host is probably playing a modified version.
theowest

peppy wrote:

I agree. I just tested this in multiplayer and there seem to be no issues with the multiplayer updater as of right now.

Topic Starter
Sunsengnim

peppy wrote:

Oh... I see.

(If this is wrong, sorry o.o As I said, I've only played it without issues and never been in the help forum or anything and just played regular maps so I've never really encountered anything... ; - ; 'Nor do I have any logic on this... xD) She's downloaded the beatmap after I have (She's the one having the issues, she's new to Osu! so... I'm the one posting as I speak to her~) and I haven't touched it or anything. I've played it just as much as she has, I've downloaded but not really played yet, so...

Plus, I haven't updated it, so she has basically the more 'updated' version (?) than I do from it being more recently downloaded from the site. ;A;
TheVileOne
She wont be able to update to your version, because your version is not the same version that is on the forums. You will need to update your version or give it to them by other means for them to be able to be able to play it with you.
ikcikoR
Updating doesn't show the progress and it's slower than normal download but if you give it a few minutes it should work
Death

ikcikoR wrote:

Updating doesn't show the progress and it's slower than normal download but if you give it a few minutes it should work
This post is 6 years old.