forum

Which fingers to use?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FiXsy
When I was playing some stream maps recently, I saw that my fingers are strugling on longer and faster streams. I know that one of the reasons is that I need to play more etc., but I noticed that I play with my middle (on x) and ring finger (on z). Do you think that I should change my playstyle and play index and middle? And do it affect my gameplay in any way?
Thanks in advance <3
(I'm rank #230 560 at the moment)
Leigh Leigh
I am not really an osu!standard player. I mostly play mania, but from my experience, using my index and middle fingers make me do a lot better than using my middle and ring finger. Obviously you'll struggle using them for a few weeks, but I'm sure you will see a significant improvement.
Topic Starter
FiXsy

callmebigmanbob wrote:

I am not really an osu!standard player. I mostly play mania, but from my experience, using my index and middle fingers make me do a lot better than using my middle and ring finger. Obviously you'll struggle using them for a few weeks, but I'm sure you will see a significant improvement.
Yeah, I think that you're right. I was playing with index and middle for an hour and I can tell that it's more convenient than middle and ring, finger controll and stamina are better for example. Thank you a lot because I didn't have the confidence to change my playstyle. Have a nice day <3
-Chaeyoung
Middle and ring are pretty unorthodox for tapping, 90% of people usually play index-middle, or index-ring. That being said, you might just need more practice on streams. Try to practice more, its nice to see players with unorthodox playstyles that are good at the game.
Topic Starter
FiXsy

-Chaeyoung wrote:

Middle and ring are pretty unorthodox for tapping, 90% of people usually play index-middle, or index-ring. That being said, you might just need more practice on streams. Try to practice more, its nice to see players with unorthodox playstyles that are good at the game.
I think that I will try playing index and middle for a while, but if I feel uncomfortable I will change back to middle and ring. And thanks for your advice :)
Zyoulou
I play middle/ring too, I tried playing index/middle and for me it's unplayable. ring/index was alright, but still felt uncomfortable so I kept using my original playstyle. I don't think middle/ring is fundamentally worse than other playstyles and vice versa, you should just try to experiment and find what you find more comfortable to play with :)
Topic Starter
FiXsy

Zyoulou wrote:

I play middle/ring too, I tried playing index/middle and for me it's unplayable. ring/index was alright, but still felt uncomfortable so I kept using my original playstyle. I don't think middle/ring is fundamentally worse than other playstyles and vice versa, you should just try to experiment and find what you find more comfortable to play with :)
Thanks for the advice, I'm experimenting at what playstyle is better for me right now and I think that index and middle fingers are better for me, but maybe I just have a lucky day and I'm gonna change to ring-middle in the future. Also I saw that you play on laptop trackpad, you're only person I've seen that have this playstyle, I keep my fingers crossed for you :)
Brainage
if you rotate your wrist for streaming, index and ring might be better because the rotation is less awkward due to your fingers being evenly spaced away from the point you are rotating your wrist, however, you have to deal with accidentally pressing keys with your middle finger at times, which might mess you up. you should definitely avoid using middle and ring/ring and pinky playstyles though, as the structure of the hand in terms of tendons and nerves make it very difficult to alternate those fingers. anything with thumb/index for the first finger and middle/ring/pinky for the second finger should work completely fine.
rematyar
I can stream a lot more faster while using index + ring but its uncomfortable af.

You can use any fingers you want. Even with your feet (if you can)
Haengsyo
Use whatever. I used ring index since the start cuz middle index didn't feel right when I started playing.