forum

Do you get sick of songs after/while mapping them?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
eee
that's kinda what I do on purpose to get a song out of m' head :P
usually I map some songs cause I can just listen to it on osu with cool hitsounds, rather than listening on mp3/cd player. The last times I've listened to any of the songs I've mapped were on osu, or any time before mapping it, ya know.
I don't know if it can be stated as a problem, it's more of a benefit to me.
LuigiHann
Nope
Real1
I feel ya. Out of my maps, "Serious", "Itsu ni Natte" and PURURIN (Especially PURURIN!) made me sick after a while. The pending map of mine, "Closer" is driving me crazy, too.
Daru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
That plus the fact that I procrastinate a lot is making it hard to finish a song. :P
adam2046
Only when modding.
God I pick the WORST songs.
Pokebis
Map it really fast.
Jinxy
I made 2 maps,
My 1st map is making me go nuts. When I edit errors, I just move to my song, never pressing play unless if needed.
My 2nd map is from my fav anime, so I dont get sick of it so quickly.

And guess what? Someone told me to map the 1st one but the 2nd was was purely my decision.
Ekaru
I don't get sick of the songs I map. <3 Don't get why you guys get that problem. As stated earlier though, I do get sick of some songs when modding. Only if the song sucks though.

EDIT: I play my maps to death too, even before they're finished. I find them fun.
Mogsy
lukewarmholiday
Nope, If i dont finish it I probably didnt feel like I was getting a good map out of it.
Hanyuu
I like my songs and when the map is complete i like it even more :)
Larto
Earlier, when my maps sucked even more, and I worked one week for one map, I got sick of the songs I was mapping. Now, I'm not only doing it faster, I also make the maps prettier than earlier, so I love the songs even more when I'm done <3
e.g. The Trauma Center Opening (which was my first real map) lost its magical effect for me after I mapped it, however I still love Rihanna - Disturbia/Nelly Furtado - All Good Things/Matchbox 20 - Long Day/OneRepublic - Stop and Stare/Imogen Heap - The Moment I Said It <3
Mashley
I Want it All.
Ugh.
Doomsday
not really. if i get sick of a song i just lose the motivation to map it
kideddie1501
well, choose a good song. that way u dnt get tired of it. like me, im mapping Whip It! and i cant enough of this crazy new wave nerd sound. :)
James
poor people. . .
Derekku
Actually, after hours of mapping, I'm NOT sick of my song. I think I was just sick of trying to get the timing right

oops
Otium_old
Sometimes, but not always.
For example, right now I'm mapping HONEY PUNCH by Riyu Kosaka, I've heard it way too many times, I can still listen to it though~
Yuukari-Banteki
most of the time when i map a song, I actually like it better after mapping it. Exception being songs where my map gets burned over and over, and then i start hating the songs because of the map
Wizard Of Orz
stupid normals being to hard forcing me to rename and then create another normal

it hurts... :(
Detective Tuesday
Depends. I often find myself taking a break from listening to a certain song once finished mapping it. I guess I can "temporarily" grow sick of a song. It's similar to listening to a song on repeat a couple of times, you just gotta take it easy after a while.

I actually like John Legend/Brandy's "Quickly" better than I did before I stepped it for StepMania (and later, mapped it for osu).
Gens
Nope, in fact, I map it with even more effort because I'd like to hear the map with hitsounds.
I may get tired of the map, but never of the song. :)
Nharox
I don't, otherwise I wouldn't map them. :P