forum

improve speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Satou]
I need help I can read ar 10 perfectly fine and hit almost all them but when I try 9.2 DT I get like 30 misses on a farm map, anyone know how to gradually built up DT speed
Bayki
What do you mean by 9.2 DT? is that star rating or ar? If 9.2 is in terms of AR, that is AR 10.4666667 (10.5) with DT. In this case, I think that you should learn all the in betweens first, such as AR 10.13. Stuff like McOsu and maps that are AR 10.18 with DT should help. Dm me if you have any questions.
Topic Starter
[Satou]

Bayki wrote:

What do you mean by 9.2 DT? is that star rating or ar? If 9.2 is in terms of AR, that is AR 10.4666667 (10.5) with DT. In this case, I think that you should learn all the in betweens first, such as AR 10.13. Stuff like McOsu and maps that are AR 10.18 with DT should help. Dm me if you have any questions.
9.2 Ar with added DT
Earthquake
Probably improving acc on the lower ars might help you in the long run. Not playing whack a mole can make a difference.
Topic Starter
[Satou]

RagingTsunami wrote:

Probably improving acc on the lower ars might help you in the long run. Not playing whack a mole can make a difference.
All my bad acc plays were from when I spammed I single tap now and fixed my acc on maps within my skill range
Earthquake

[Satou] wrote:

RagingTsunami wrote:

All my bad acc plays were from when I spammed I single tap now and fixed my acc on maps within my skill range
cool good job
Dat_Cat-
FunOrange's Osu Trainer lets you adjust the speed of the map, and other things like AR CS and OD. and here is a reddit post with a chart of all the DT and HR modifications on AR rate in case you don't want to do math
Brainage
you could either build up the AR of the maps that you play until you hit something you're fine with (maybe this is AR 9.5 + DT, or even AR 10 + DT), or you could start at AR11 and build up the difficulty of the maps you are playing. or you could do what i do which is occasionally dive headfirst into the deep end and play the maps you normally play with HDDT but with HR too.

the best thing to do when trying to improve reading higher AR is to play maps you haven't played in the past few days. the goal of this is to avoid your brain getting used to playing the same patterns over and over again, making the training useless because your muscle memory will do most of the work for you, and little reading skill is required at that point. if you stick to playing maps you haven't played for a few days, you'll probably find it takes all of your attention to play and that your brain is frying itself (idk how else to describe this feeling). that means you're improving and that's good.

another good thing to do is to use good followpoints. ideally, you want the followpoints to help you play the map without having to completely rely on them, as relying on them will make patterns with frequent new combos extremely hard to play. you can mess around with your skin by changing how many blank 1x1 image files/followpoint image files there are. personally, i use 1x1 blank PNGs for followpoint-0 and followpoint-2, and the followpoint image for followpoint-1.

next thing to do is to have a skin that is easy to read when playing high AR. Rafis' 2018 skin does a pretty good job of this, but i use RyuK's "boop" skin and that works for me really nicely.

i hope you can use this advice to improve your reading skill! have fun playing the game