forum

Mods in Editor [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
So you wish to test your map while editting, or test someone elses map while modding, but you want to test it with an specific mod and don't feel like going to "play" and doing so?

Mods inside Editor ftw then.

thx~
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ToRMeNToR_84
+1 here as well.
Ryuukun
never needed such things :/
K2J
Yeah, this could be nice at times, to at least have the option. Especially the speed ones.
Ekaru
I honestly mostly want Relax and Auto Pilot. Those are the ones I now often go out to Play Mode for.
awp
The only ones that are really necessary are Easy, Hard Rock, and Hidden, since the acceptability of the beatmap (in terms of stuff breaching window edges or being undetectable or cluttered) might be affected.

Actually, screw Easy, everything is a clusterfuck in Easy and nobody uses it anyway~
Derekku
EDIT: + my support
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Detective Tuesday
It would be convenient for those of us who start laggin out from time to time when videos play. I often find myself having to erase a video completely just to be able to effectively mod. At the very least, an option to not display a video on the main edit screen would come in handy for such. Shoot me if it's there somewhere and I missed it.

James wrote:

peppy was against it.
Also can't help but wonder what the reasoning behind such a decision might be.
anonymous_old

Detective Tuesday wrote:

It would be convenient for those of us who start laggin out from time to time when videos play. I often find myself having to erase a video completely just to be able to effectively mod. At the very least, an option to not display a video on the main edit screen would come in handy for such. Shoot me if it's there somewhere and I missed it.
See options. Uncheck Background Video.

I personally don't have much use for mods in the editor. At least I don't think I do. I normally playtest in the real game anyway and not in the editor.
Detective Tuesday
0_o

0_o wrote:

this would also be useful if you want to practise a specific section of a map w/ mods.
Let's not forget, the editor is also used for practising, not just editing/modding.
EEeee
James

Detective Tuesday wrote:

rename the video, and rename it back afterwards. duh. but yeah, thats what we usually do before. (add an "a" after the filename)

James wrote:

peppy was against it.
Also can't help but wonder what the reasoning behind such a decision might be.[/quote]
no point IIRC. but these are all mods for hidden/hardrock/DT.
but not sure with the other mods since... yeah, theres autoguy already.

so i might misunderstood any of you lol
(obviously i didnt read the whole thing)
LuigiHann

0_o wrote:

0_o wrote:

this would also be useful if you want to practise a specific section of a map w/ mods.
Let's not forget, the editor is also used for practising, not just editing/modding.
peppy is against that, which is why he was against this