forum

What is wrist rotation and how do you do it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jkzu123
I've seen a lot of people do this, but I don't know what it does, so I really want to know if it helps. Also, I just can't figure out how to do it myself its literally impossible. I'd appreciate if anyone told me how to do it/what it does (im more interested in how to do it honestly). thanks!
Quotient
Hi jkzu nice to see you
Yea just saying hi because speed is my weakness and I also wanna know what it is
xBomb72
This is where you rotate your wrists to hit trills faster. It's usually done in high BPM streams.
Ska
it's done so you can apply your wrists more to trilling by using wristjacking instead of putting all the work on your fingers for it

1234 being the 4 lanes, for a stream pattern like 4321 4321 youd rotate both your wrists slightly to the right so your left index finger and right middle finger are ahead so when you do the jack motion you'll start the patterns in the proper order

this can be applied to many patterns and not just streams, just use your imagination, I dunno
Topic Starter
jkzu123
how do you exactly do it? rotating your wrist while doing trills is so impossible to do so there has to be more than just rotating, right? i also dont know how to really do wristjacking (or im not noticing that im doing it) lol
edp446
I don't think you can force it and it's probably natural. For me, wrist rotation happens more in the "alternaty" and "pure" speed maps (e.g. Huntress Spirit from Miracle Streamz^2, go try it and see how it feels). I don't wrist rotate in most speed maps tho, such as reflec streamz (or maybe I don't notice).
[LS]PositoniX

edp446 wrote:

I don't think you can force it
you can force it but its just very awkward to do. however, the more you do it the more it will turn into a habit.

etienne has a short explination on what wrist rotation is:

(skip to 4:35 for an explination of wrist rotation)

you need to make a concious choice to rotate your wrists at first though the more you do it the more natural it becomes. it needs some practice on easier maps to execute.

however, it should also be noted that not all players use wrist rotation. sillyfangirl and wonder5193 barely use/used any wrist rotation in their gameplay at all, so you should not feel like you have to do it to improve.