forum

Indication about either we tap late or earlier a note [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
AlphaWaves
Hello,

I play a lot of my songs with Hidden mod, and when combined to HardRock mod, it requires to be really accurate.
And when we tap too earlier or too late a note, there is no way to know what is wrong.

It wouldnt only apply to Hidden mod. In hard songs, when there are fast streams, im sometimes too fast or too slow, since it goes kind of fast, I cant really look closely to the note to know if Im late or not.

This feature could be really simple and fast to add. Like 2 different "100" icons, like one in light green if im ealier, or dark green if im late. Or it could be a sign in the "100" icon, like a '+' if im late, a '-' if im not, what so ever. And if there are 2 different icons it means everyone could mod it as he wishes.
Else, it could be a visual option, above your crosshair, or in a corner, a little indication that let us know how accurate we type thee last note (+/- x ms, like in the editor).

Tell me what you think, i believe it could be useful for many Hidden-mod players.
jesse1412
I assume you have these tools called ears?
Topic Starter
AlphaWaves
Hum, I hope you could be a bit more constructive..

Well, yes I've ears but if you ever play hard songs +hr, the range you have to be typin in is +/- 2ms.

And your argument makes no sense about streams.
TheVileOne
You should search for such things. t/113705?hilit=Early+Late+Meter
Marcin
Because you actually know how to deal with earlier / later clicking with that small time window.
Soner Wolf
I know what you are talking about alpha, but the reason why I think this is a bad Idea is because some people really can hear 2ms differences. I don't think it would be fair for all songs to get a handicap because using mods are too hard.
I personally have difficulties discerning a 10ms sound difference, so I can't always rely on my ears. I mean sound moves at approx 1ft per millisecond, so if you play on speakers 3 feet away from you do your ears notice the 3ms difference? And wolf, nothing about the game would change. The core gameplay would not get easier or harder, you would just be able to see more stats on when you hit your notes.
Luna
You guys are exaggerating massively.
+/-2ms? Seriously? OD10 has hit windows of like 18ms...
jesse1412

Luna wrote:

This.
Topic Starter
AlphaWaves
Add hardrock.

jesus1412 wrote:

Luna wrote:

This.
Add hardrock.

EDIT :

TheVileOne wrote:

You should search for such things. t/113705?hilit=Early+Late+Meter
Yes I searched for it but not with the right terms. Thanks for the link. Maybe some admin can send my thread to the requests graveyard.

And I love your psycho teddy map btw : D
Luna
HR caps out at OD10.
Without HR, hit windows are even larger.
Topic Starter
AlphaWaves
Nop it is not 18ms. Obviously not. How could I make 100 in a 180bpm (4/4) stream ? Where notes are each (arround) 10ms ?

Lets say we have this stream :
note 1 - 0000ms
note 2 - 0010ms
note 3 - 0020ms.

How do you explain I can hit notes 1 & 3 at 300 points and note 2 at 100 points if the allowed range for 300s is 18 ms, considering im at least a bit regular ?
Luna
Alright, want an example?

This map has OD8, so OD10 with Hard Rock. Also, no sliders or spinners, which means no "free" 300s. My average hit error is roughly +/-7ms and yet I STILL get almost 99% accuracy.
Believe me, hit windows in osu! are pretty damn lenient.
jesse1412

AlphaWaves wrote:

Nop it is not 18ms. Obviously not. How could I make 100 in a 180bpm (4/4) stream ? Where notes are each (arround) 10ms ?

Lets say we have this stream :
note 1 - 0000ms
note 2 - 0010ms
note 3 - 0020ms.

How do you explain I can hit notes 1 & 3 at 300 points and note 2 at 100 points if the allowed range for 300s is 18 ms, considering im at least a bit regular ?
urstupid
TheVileOne
This thread is going nowhere good. If you want to discuss this idea, do so in the other thread.