forum

Sonic: Lost World Trailer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
It's looking like Sega hasn't reverted back to pre-Colors Sonic:

Before any Nintendo fanboys cry that they're ripping off Mario Galaxy, here is some Sonic Xtreme footage:

P.S. This game will also have a 3DS version so its own thread it gets.
rust45
Weird thing about the trailer is that one of the new moves they show is Sonic mounting up walls. I don't quite get why that should be a move in the first place. If used in the way it was shown in the trailer it would really just slow down the gameplay.
Dieathan
I'm pretty sure the mounting up walls while running idea came from Metal Gear Rising.

And still, would you prefer just coming to a sudden stop when running straight into a wall you can mount up? What they're doing here kind of helps to keep the flow going.
Rukario

Dieathan wrote:

I'm pretty sure the mounting up walls while running idea came from Metal Gear Rising.

And still, would you prefer just coming to a sudden stop when running straight into a wall you can mount up? What they're doing here kind of helps to keep the flow going.
I think what rust was getting at was, Sonic could already run on walls just fine, but suddenly they call it a "new move".
Cropzy
Isn't there enough crappy sonic games out?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Cropzy wrote:

Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed are all considered to be good games by the vast majority of Sonic fans.

Get out.
Dieathan
Most Sonic games since 2001 have been okay. They didn't really start getting good again until Colours.

Also, strange how no one thinks about the handheld games. Those were actually good.
Bestelle

Ekaru wrote:

Cropzy wrote:

Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed are all considered to be good games by the vast majority of Sonic fans.

Get out.
Some people just like to pretend the "sonic cycle" is still a thing. It's best to ignore them.

With that said, I am excited.
theowest
I might just start playing a game from this franchise for the first time when this comes out. Looks pretty great.
Azure_Kite

Ekaru wrote:

Before any Nintendo fanboys cry that they're ripping off Mario Galaxy, here is some Sonic Xtreme footage:
I find it hard to believe Nintendo fanboys will cry out when it's self-proclaimed within the trailer that it's exclusive for Nintendo products.
Bestelle
Except they already have, so many fanboys have been going on about it ripping off Mario Galaxy.
Hika
For the first time in my life, I can honestly say I have never been fucked over by a trailer of a game like this before. The game looks nice but it hurts my head from the twists and turns.
Azure_Kite

RL Link wrote:

Except they already have, so many fanboys have been going on about it ripping off Mario Galaxy.

*headdesks*

Why are people so stupid.
Professor Prinny

Azure_Kite wrote:

RL Link wrote:

*headdesks*

Why are people so stupid.
I'm pretty sure the Mario and Sonic franchises have been ripping each other for a long time now, and also the trailer theme sounds like they recycled Spagonia's daytime theme from Sonic Unleashed.
Mashley
It upsets me that Sonic games won't be on PC any more, I really enjoyed Generations, and the fan-made Unleashed port.
RainbowAshura
Well, i think that it looks like one awsome game! And how many times has sonic fought a villan that wasn't a dude? Because 2 of those villans were girls.
and to be honest, The Mario and Sonic Olympic Games Series is crappy, the London 2012 game wasn't very fun except for the London Party and the Gymnastics events.
awp
I don't think Sonic Racing or Sonic Sports games or Games Sonic Happens To be in By Chance Or Virtue necessitate Sonic games

Sonic games are: collect rings, run fast

It'd be like calling Mario Kart Wii a Mario game. It's a Mario Kart game. Different beasts altogether
Topic Starter
Ekaru

awp wrote:

I don't think Sonic Racing or Sonic Sports games or Games Sonic Happens To be in By Chance Or Virtue necessitate Sonic games

Sonic games are: collect rings, run fast

It'd be like calling Mario Kart Wii a Mario game. It's a Mario Kart game. Different beasts altogether
^This.

That said, I like the Mario and Sonic games. I always found them to be enjoyable, especially with others. Not really single player games, though.
Rukario
Azure_Kite
Well, now I know what game I would get a Wii U for instead of just buying on 3DS. The translation between the two platforms make them seem like quite different games. On the Wii U version, the sensation of speed and movement is a lot more pronounced, whereas in the 3DS version, it looks like Sonic's moving at a slow crawl.
ztrot
lucky for us this contract only lasts for 2 years and only over 3 games, there will be another great HD sonic game near the end of 2014 for the ps4 360 and if sega is smart the pc don't forget sega has been outsourcing a lot of older game I wouldn't call it crazy that we might end up seeing colors on the pc before long.

Edit: as for the trailer I'm not sure I really like where the game is heading having to hold a trigger to run somewhat fast in turn to being able to go fast at all times and go really freaking fast by boosting, also it has been confirmed that there will be a boost of sorts..... his roll attack is his top speed in this game and will be activated by holding both triggers down. Can't say I'm in love but will give it a chance at least.
Azure_Kite
At this point, I'd be really surprised if anything even came to the Xbox One. Just saying.
Bestelle

Azure_Kite wrote:

At this point, I'd be really surprised if anything even came to the Xbox One. Just saying.
Publishers like EA/Activision will release games on it if the PS4 doesn't have the same rules, as it's mostly publishers that's trying to push for this nonsense.
Then again, I don't really care for their games either so it's not like I'll care.

Just watched the new footage for the Wii U version, looks like fun.
rust45
Considering there are confirmed games from EA and Activsion (the only confirmed games atm lol) yeah, I'm pretty sure they want the xbone shit and possibly pushed for it.

Anyway, I still need to watch the new gameplay stuff, but I'm still pretty hyped for this. Whenever I get a Wii U I will probably pick this up as well.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Watched that new footage yesterday and it was <3

EDIT: Seems that the Wii U version is 60 FPS. Hooray for responsive controls! \o/
rust45
Watched the IGN gameplay. It looks pretty good, I like the way it will have varied gameplay between levels. Levels like windy valley look like they might have control issues though. I'm not sure how well it will control spinning around the area.

I'm not really concerned about the lack of speed, but it doesn't really looks like it won't be very momentum based at all especially when considering the run button. But I'm staying hopeful, it looks like it will be a fun game.
Professor Prinny
Looks like SEGA took a bit of everything from the older Sonic games judging from the trailer.