forum

[Song list] Add a genre/language filter

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +35
Topic Starter
-----
Every ranked map has given exactly one genre and one language tag. And it's really nice to people who just want to browse the beatmap listing page, only to find a specific style of music, as they can just choose the filter and let the search engine make the list to him. I personally don't see the reason why we couldn't have the functionality be built ingame as well.

I can see it would be really useful at finding beatmaps that you simply forgot the name, but knowing the genre and the length of the music, it can really narrow down the results and save your time. Another useful scenario is when you're feeling like hosting a multiplayer game full of techno music, having this can save the hassle of previewing every techno map in a custom folder, when we already have such genre/language tag to make use of.

Surprisingly, I didn't see any similar idea to this had been proposed before (I think all the other song searching option purposed so far haven't touch this idea yet), but the mods can lock this topic if he does find one.

Edit: This idea definitely coincide with this suggestion, so someone please marks this as duplicated
Jacqli
HOLY SHIT!! how do we spell you name???
Miya
Yup, it will be great if we can search map by genre and such too in-game.
We can host a room according to genre and languange too, like : Japanese only, Anime only.

Very nice idea, have my support~ :3
Jacqli
And have video or not too pls...
i'll give you some stars if you do~~
deadbeat
makes sense. we used to have genres back
also use [web] instead or [song list] :p
alxnr

deadbeat wrote:

makes sense. we used to have genres back
also use [web] instead or [song list] :p
S/he's talking about adding genre/language filter to in-game which is already present in the website. I think the [Song list] tag fits this request.

----- wrote:

Every ranked map has given exactly one genre and one language tag. And it's really nice to people who just want to browse the beatmap listing page, only to find a specific style of music, as they can just choose the filter and let the search engine make the list to him. I personally don't see the reason why we couldn't have the functionality be built ingame as well.
jemhuntr

Jacqli wrote:

exactly my first reaction.

I support this idea.
Topic Starter
-----

JeMhUnTeR wrote:

Jacqli wrote:

exactly my first reaction.

I support this idea.
You just spell it out directly...?
Maiz94
Star and support :D
Lunix
pretty nice idea, support +1
Park-Hyun
That'd be sooo useful

Brilliant idea, +1
Ash Marley
I really would like this feature. Here's how I see it:

- Marco -
Agree
Gumpy
Loveing this bump

marcostudios wrote:

Agree
Eni
Would be awesome :)
Bara-

marcostudios wrote:

Agree
TinyTrail
YAAS this would be usefull
xasuma
And..... bump!

This is really a no-brainer , it would be very useful and easy to add.

Also this should be closed since is a duplicate: t/43328