forum

Unfairly Silenced for 250 Hours and can't Log in [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Friggles
Helping a friend => logged into another account => silenced for 250 hours for multi accounting and can't log into my account...
Winshley
What purpose does logging into another account do in relation to helping your friend?
Syrus

Osu Wiki wrote:

All purpose rules

Each player may only have one account at any point of time. If discovered to be in possession of more than 1 account, all other accounts except the first one registered will be deleted and further action may be taken. In addition, sharing account/login information with others is also forbidden.
Topic Starter
Friggles
I'm a bit confused by it - Someone took his account so he made a new one and he was having trouble logging in. I didn't know this at first though and I didn't know anything about these conditions for being punished for multiaccounting. He just messaged me and asked if I would log into another account, so I did.
kingking9
Unless, was that other account you logged into your friend's?
Topic Starter
Friggles
Yes, it was a new account he made.
Winshley
There's your problem. That falls under both account sharing and multi-account violations at the same time.

I already know some cheaters and a friend who made account for others to use (and they're already banned).

If your friend's account has been stolen, your friend should change your password immediately. If your friend's account password has been changed by someone who stole the account as well, use forget password feature. This is also why your e-mail account is very valuable and you must not use plain dummy e-mail accounts
Topic Starter
Friggles
Well can you define account sharing and multi-accounting, because I wasn't really sharing the account and it definately wasn't a second account for me. Don't be to technical anyway, the reason that rule is there is to prohibit people from creating and playing on other accounts, which I was not doing. I can't actually get my friend, Spare, to clarify at the moment because he does not have access to his account. There are many players that know him through skype though and he said that he would back up my story.
Purple
Tell peppy or some other admin that you didn't know that wasn't allowed. Its the best you can do to get your 250 hour ban lifted immediately. Do it again and they won't have mercy on you, whatever the reason.
XPJ38
If you can't login into your account because the fields are grayed out, just uninstall/install the game and you should log in again.

Besides, please send an email to accounts@ppy.sh about your silence, the forums aren't for that purpose.
Topic Starter
Friggles
Ah, thanks. Anyway i'm a bit confused by the insta silence, why did it happen? What if people are sharing a computer and want different accounts or if a friend comes over and logs into his account?
kingking9
We're able to work that sort of thing out most of the time. We have our ways of telling :D