forum

Fix the pp ranking system

posted
Total Posts
show more
DeathPrince
People who consistently farm easy/normal songs are ranked so high now. Saw someone who was a rank 2k before the tp or whatever was made and now they are rank like 400. Literally farming normals all day is the key now smh.
jesse1412

DeathPrince wrote:

People who consistently farm easy/normal songs are ranked so high now. Saw someone who was a rank 2k before the tp or whatever was made and now they are rank like 400. Literally farming normals all day is the key now smh.
TP is a separate ranking to PP and they're developed by different people with different ideas.

TP: http://osutp.net/players
PP: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp
Liiraye
The way pp is now is pretty bad. My friend has, in 2 days of playing some normal/easy maps and ranking on the first try, gone from rank 4k+ to 2k. All his top performence maps are easy diffs now. Are you guys who say there's nothing wrong with the system think this is well deserved? While I and others around rank 3k and less struggle to gain nothing on immensely harder maps gain nothing from all the hard work and countless retries we put in. I'm aware of that pp is not all just skill, but when people are ranked higher they are by default considered better in others eyes.

Quoting that friend of mine:
'I'm gonna abuse the shit out of this system before they relive this farming feature'

sry for errors i wrote it from the phone.
Sakisan

Pancake wrote:

which again makes it only useful for players who can consistently rank top50.
It would be more accurate to say it can only really work for the players whose 10 actual best plays are all top 50.
That said, I think it does a pretty good job at sorting out the others as well.
Painkiller-
tp sucks, it rates easy and normals with hd+dt+hr more than insanes with hd, pp is kinda the same way but w/e let the developers do what they want and dont even look at your ranking, just play and practise and most important of all, have fun with what you play
Luna

painkiller666 wrote:

tp sucks, it rates easy and normals with hd+dt+hr more than insanes with hd
lolno
like, 100% no

If you get more tp from 3mod easy/normal scores than from your Insane plays, it's because your Insane scores are not top 50 (scores below top 50 can't be considered for tp, since Tom has no access to the score database)
Painkiller-
then you say if you are not a real pro player, you need to play normals and easy, so fun dude
Luna
Well, that's not a flaw of the system, but of the data he has to work with.
Mismagius

thelewa wrote:

It is not.
A map that's basically a 150BPM deathstream is much harder in DT than HD HR, what are you talking about
boat
A map that's one long deathstream is a very unrealistic example, a realistic 150bpm map could depending on the other variables be by miles easier to DT.

Neither are necessarily easier or harder.

edit: didn't know it was for a map in particular, disregard my gibberish
silmarilen
the fact is that that dimrain map is pretty much a deathstream, sure it has some 1/2 notes but most of it is 1/4
Wishy

painkiller666 wrote:

then you say if you are not a real pro player, you need to play normals and easy, so fun dude
If you can't get Top 50 scores on Insanes (or at least hards) then you should not worry about rank.
buny

thelewa wrote:

this is to anyone saying that tp is the best system:
the difference between HD + HR and DT in that map is a big gap because of the streams and OD
Aqo
I think that map is way harder to DT than to HRHD.
Satanum666
i think 150 ar10 is harder than 225 ;D
Kanye West
pp and tp both suck

score was the best system
Tom94

painkiller666 wrote:

tp would consider more than top50 scores if it could.

buny wrote:

thelewa wrote:

this is to anyone saying that tp is the best system:
the difference between HD + HR and DT in that map is a big gap because of the streams and OD
I completely agree that DT shouldn't be worth more than twice of HR on this map. While with HR the map sure isn't very physicly demanding, it still requires good accuracy and reading.
Actually that has been fixed with the introduction of the accuracy value. (Which is the most right value.)
hinamizawan

Kanye West wrote:

pp and tp both suck

score was the best system
not sure about tp but pp is very unstable, lately with those updates i've fallen a lot in pp. from 651 to 690 and now 731... at least good old score rank doesnt fail me

inb4 go2hell scorefarmer
Kanye West
I know right. Score is consistent. I know I will have 10 bil score when I wake up tomorrow. I might lose or gain 100 pp when I wake up tomorrow.
Frostmourne
every system is good \o/