forum

Mario Kart DS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jinxy
You must be thinking: "lolwut? somebody still plays this?"

Answer: Yeah.

I wanna see how many people have this game AND STILL play it.
I wanna play on wi-fi :D

Friend Code:
296555 501709

Fav Karts:
Standard YS
Dry Bomber
Poltergust 4000

Racing Style:
Likes to power-slide, but epic failure in snaking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~OTHER CODES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MetalMario201: 356611 325184 OR 249252 882104
kuwarudo
I STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED IN WIFI SO I DON'T HAVE CODE I'M POOR SO I DON'T HAVE WIRELESS CONNECTION IN HOUSE

Fav Kart:
Bowser on Dry Bomber

Playing Style: Snaking the whole course, even rainbow road.
Topic Starter
Jinxy
Give your friend code >:(

EDIT: You dont have to whisper. NOW TUNE THAT WORD SIZE TO NORMAL.
Derekku
Geeze... I haven't played in like two years. I've been wanting to (and online, at that), but my router is being stupid and won't let me connect. It'll let my Wii, but not my DS -_-
Topic Starter
Jinxy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Neo@lex
MKDS is awesome.
I use Dry Bones in ROB BLS.
I'll tell you my FC when I get home.
Derekku

JInxyjem wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Geeze... I haven't played in like two years. I've been wanting to (and online, at that), but my router is being stupid and won't let me connect. It'll let my Wii, but not my DS -_-
Have you tried remaking the connection using the wi-fi connection set up?
Just use connection 2 or something and remake.
Yeah. I've tried it like a dozen times. Maybe I'll try again sometime if I'm not lazy :P
mm201
PRBin' snackin' chester here. I mainly use Egg1 but I'm open to Krazy Kart matches if desired. (everyone uses the same (usually bad) kart)

I haven't really played seriously since Nsider shut down. I occasionally submit some times to the Player's Page.

Genuine cartridge: 356611 325184
M3 (has offline tracks): 249252 882104

PM me on the boards or in the osu! chat if you want a match. I'll add everyone from this thread.

My emblem will probably be either Hiro from Heroes, or some snakes on a plane, depending on the game I'm using.
Topic Starter
Jinxy

MetalMario201 wrote:

PRBin' snackin' chester here.

-Shoots MetalMario201-

And here I thought snaking was bad. I can win a snaker time to time but a PRB'er is just "F this shit. Im outta here."

EDIT:
PRB=Permanent Rocket Boost

You start with the highest amount of starting boost then you snake the circuit and never stop snaking. You will have a insane speed like using mushrooms.
kuwarudo

JInxyjem wrote:

PRB'er

Whats that.
mm201

JInxyjem wrote:

PRB=PermanentProlonged Rocket Boost

You start with the highest amount of starting boost then you snake the circuit and never stop snaking. You will have a insane speed like using mushrooms.the same speed you normally have on straightaways when traveling offroad.
And PRB is extremely hard. Anyone who can do it HAS earned it. I can only do it on Luigi Circuit GCN, (sometimes) Wario Stadium, and usually one lap of Mario Circuit 1 if I don't hit a pipe. =/

Normally you'll space your MTs so you can take a tighter line, but you can't do this without losing PRB, so you need to rethink all of your strats. On some courses, it's not even worth it since the wider cornering adds more to your time than the offroading takes off.

On many courses, there's nothing to PRB at all.
kuwarudo
Can you do that in Mario Kart DS?

I remember having a boost at the start of the circuit, then I keep snaking. Man rainbow road was hard...
mm201
There aren't any places to PRB on Rainbow Road, so it's a moot point there. (You can do Husky's Rail Ride Supreme, but that's another story. :))

PRB gets its benefit from letting you cut dirt corners, etc. without losing speed.
kuwarudo
WTF is husky's rail ride supreme
mm201
kuwarudo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Jinxy

MetalMario201 wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

You start with the highest amount of starting boost then you snake the circuit and never stop snaking. You will have a insane speed like using mushrooms.the same speed you normally have on straightaways when traveling offroad.
Permanant or Prolonged?
Loginer

kuwarudo wrote:

oh, seems, ok.

i never use glitches. :)
Where's the fun in holding down the A button and throwing random items?
Topic Starter
Jinxy

Loginer wrote:

kuwarudo wrote:

oh, seems, ok.

i never use glitches. :)
Where's the fun in holding down the A button and throwing random items?
The fun is seeing a person in wifi get owned by a green shell for some lulzy reason.
kuwarudo

JInxyjem wrote:

The fun is seeing a person in wifi get owned by a green shell for some lulzy reason.
YES THAT WAS AWESOME
mm201
Fun with items: Dodging your own blue shell while in first place and hearing it hit the guy behind you. :D

JInxyjem wrote:

MetalMario201 wrote:

JInxyjem wrote:

Permanant or Prolonged?
What does Gamefaqs know? =/

From http://www.mariokart64.com/mkds/faq.php:
PRB (Prolonged Rocket Boost) is a glitch. If you get the biggest rocket start at the beginning of a race and continually mini-turbo without losing top speed for even an instant, the game lets you travel over all terrain at top speed. The effect of PRB is lost as soon as you lose top-speed (for example, you mess up the timing of you mini-turbos). In some tracks, you can do this for the whole race and cut many corners by driving off-road at high speed.
kuwarudo
Lets just call them whatever is shorter, so less typing, can that be plausible for you guys?

Prolonged
Permanent

ARE YOU SERIOUS THEY BOTH HAVE 9 LETTERS

Let's just call it whatever we like. I'm going to call it Corn.
YoshiKart
I came.

MK64 is still better. ^_^