yes I know it's 12 not 24 screw you I do what I want
Jack Bauer likes your answer
Topic Starter
Hydrogenium_old

Mara wrote:

what are all these shit threads
do you like korpiklaani?
boat
Do you like sailing the seven seas you hyperyacht?
Topic Starter
Hydrogenium_old
you hurt my feelings, sir...

ok... i thing i need to explain why i open this thead
very simple...

i feel very pissed of when a moderator or someone else close my threads with no reason

i open the towel day this morning here in offtopic
offtopic is the place for non logical discussion as written under his name... is this the wrong place? no i don't think so...
why should someone have to close my thread before anyone could have the possiblity to reply me?
i get very nervous... it's rainning and i have nothing better to do...
... so i'm here opening TRUE random topics

and i will continue until i feel better :D

have a nice towel day dumbass
silmarilen
instead of getting pissed off because something happens you should first learn WHY it happened.
you are new to OT, first know how stuff works here.
Wojjan
Okay, first off, I have other things to do on a saturday than moderate OT. Sorry for not getting back to you on such a strict basis of "whenever the fuck you feel like amusing yourself at off-topic's cost"

Second off, expect a gospel soon. You are about to get fucking schooled, and this time I won't lock the thread. This is up here for everyone. It's time to make a fucking example out of behavior like this.

oh yeah. this got real. you're in.
Topic Starter
Hydrogenium_old
i'm new to this forum, not to offtopics

where can i post what the hell i want to talk with other people that have my same interests?

general? no i can't
introduction? no
music? no
otaku? no
games? no
art? no

offtopic? YES! wow what a usefull place!
Topic Starter
Hydrogenium_old

Wojjan wrote:

Okay, first off, I have other things to do on a saturday than moderate OT. Sorry for not getting back to you on such a strict basis of "whenever the fuck you feel like amusing yourself at off-topic's cost"

Second off, expect a gospel soon. You are about to get fucking schooled, and this time I won't lock the thread. This is up here for everyone. It's time to make a fucking example out of behavior like this.

oh yeah. this got real. you're in.

expain me where to write things master of knowledge...
silmarilen
thats what i mean
this offtopic works different than your usual offtopic, learn how this place works before you get mad and make yourself look stupid.
Topic Starter
Hydrogenium_old
then call it "offtopic - only for posting 15yo legs and topics that interest nobody but we like and other can fuck off"
silmarilen
if you've got a problem with it then gtfo or take it to an admin or something, acting like this will only get you disliked
Topic Starter
Hydrogenium_old

silmarilen wrote:

if you've got a problem with it then gtfo or take it to an admin or something
that was my first idea...

silmarilen wrote:

acting like this will only get you disliked
but i prefere this
dkun
your blatantly bad attitude towards everyone else in here isn't going to get you anywhere
off-topic is a small community in its own, don't walk in the place thinking you know everything, or everyone.
we all start somewhere.

take this as a warning

Hydrogenium's PM wrote:

"we all start somewhere"

i tryed starting a conversation this morning... they close immediatly the topic with no explaination

it's not the way to do things... i didn't brake any rule... so i don't care

and chose a better moderator for ot...

bye
you misinterpret the point of my post with this. we have unsaid rules here in OT, rules you learn by staying for some time.
this goes the same for a group of friends. you don't act like a fool in front of your friends, do you?

wojjan best OT mod 5ever
Wojjan
Alright, listen up.

HERE ARE THE FAX

Douglas Adams, overhyped deceased author with a mediocre legacy of meh-fi comedy books, has attracted a cult following large enough that I'm frankly surprised his coffin hasn't guest-starred The Big Bang Theory yet. His books have become classics for no particular outstanding quality other than snark in the face of humanity, which is the Internet's forte. So it's no surprise that, like everything funny and original, the Internet's users carry a plight of dumbing it down to its lowest form, and making it into a set of references.

For some reason I can't be bothered to actually look up, today is Towel Day. Towels play a prominent role in Adams' fiction as panacea and swiss army knife. On the twenty-fifth of May, fans celebrate Adams' work by doing stupid things with towels. Just like in the books except the books had interesting characters (and settings aside from the shower where wearing a towel served a point).

Off-Topic is a subforum on the osu! forums with a rich history of troublemaking, drama, and generally being a bad egg. We (dkun and I) were put in place as Off-Topic designated staff to keep the worst of the worst out: this includes contentless posts, NSFW links, and stupidity. This last term is vague, but pretty much boils down to applying common fucking sense.

That said, here's what happened:

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU DID

The Towel Day thread you created is a bad idea because a discussion about Douglas Adams' literary works on the Internet of all places will not end in a discussion of his books. It will end in this:
"My sister's poetry is so vogon xD"
"I wish i had a pov gun irl . _."
"Ive been thinking about life alot: it's actually 43"
ABSOLUTE, UNRELENTING CATASTROPHE. I refer for my reasoning why we don't like reference in Off-Topic to Mr Color's post here: "Many of us know the Internet very well and what you'd think was a "cool original thing" my just be so old and tired to us." We do not care for references, especially out of context. I also explained why before with a very clever metaphor earlier in the Wojjlog, a place where you can see exactly what sort of stuff tends to get deleted around here, which you also could've read before, but didn't.

The first version was a lucky break. Instead of the expected bad references, Undermine immediately responded with a picture of ragelewa (I THINK??? LEWA GOMEN) in nothing but a towel, as a reference to a past event you know nothing about. This is why I was able to simply lock it, and let UnderminE's post sit in OT in all its nostalgic glory. I locked the thread afterwards because I knew two things: First, a discussion about the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy heralds bad posts, from experience. Second, Undermine's was so exceptionally good that it didn't deserve to be followed up with a slew of mediocre geekspunk.

The second version was doomed the very damn moment I had to call it the second version of anything. Duplicate threads are merged with their predecessors almost all the time, which you can find SEVERAL instances of if you would search and get acquainted before posting threads. If I lock a thread -- If anybody locks a thread it's with good reason. You should ask what's up with the first one, not make a second one and demand that I leave it untouched.

Are you with me so far?

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU SAID

After I got rid of the second thread, I sent you a PM. It went like this:
yo when i lock the first one that doesn't mean "make a second one."
towel day is stupid fanboyism, be happy undermine saved the first edition.
This is... rather cut-and-dry, wouldn't you say. It contains all the core elements of what I am telling you in this same post, but for some reason the message didn't quite get through. But your reply is what rubs me the worst way about your little Off-Topic escapade: (If you take this shit to the higher-ups I will paste your reply into this post but as it's a personal correspondence I don't feel that everybody need to know. You basically said "no it isn't, give me my thread back.") You do not have the experience with this particular forum to make such a judgement call, and I said as much in my re-reply:
If you really think that, then I suggest you get acquainted better with the forum. [...] The success of threads comes from the people posting in it, and the other users were extremely clear in disapproving of a douglas adams appreciation station.
Your third strike is the worst one, this thread. Let's take this thing from the top.

Hydrogenium wrote:

dear wojjan
you still have 12 hours... :D
with love
Hydro
Here, you act as if you are entitled to having your thread back, in the most uppity haymaking attitude I have witnessed since YunoFanatic. I was appointed as a moderator because I know my shit, so you shouldn't ASSUME that I have made a mistake and act accordingly by making this thread. When you believe a moderator is in the wrong, you ask for an explanation, and when I don't answer immediately (within the next 4 hours) you should not assume I am too much of a bitch to reply and you are therefor right. This first post is rude, presumptuous and belittling. But then you continue with this little gm, the great damn reveal.

Hydrogenium wrote:

you hurt my feelings, sir... ok... i thing i need to explain why i open this thead, very simple... i feel very pissed of when a moderator or someone else close my threads with no reason
As also stated in the Wojjlog, if you have a personal problem with any of the moderators, including dkun and myself, take it up with them personally, or a higher-up if you want a mediator. The quickest way to make yourself look like a useless self-entitling toolbox is making a personal problem a public affair, especially when you are new and riot against a prominent user who also happens to have jurisdiction over the are you're posting it in.

Hydrogenium wrote:

offtopic is the place for non logical discussion as written under his name... is this the wrong place? no i don't think so...
The definition of this forum has been "The place where you do post crap" for a long time years ago. It's changed over time because we got way too much drivel in, and I can wholeheartedly say that it hasn't changed enough when I look at episodes like yours. The one sentence below a board is not enough to define the mentality of its regulars, which is something you have to pick up through immersion, gradually and shakily. But like in any social situation the worst thing to do is start basing yourself off of assumptions.

Hydrogenium wrote:

why should someone have to close my thread before anyone could have the possiblity to reply me?
See above, it's in there.

Hydrogenium wrote:

i get very nervous...
Please don't make this into a victimisation-case of us picking on "the new guy." Plenty of people, as new as you, have succeeded in blending into the Off-Topic crowd almost seamlessly, it is not an impossible feat.

Hydrogenium wrote:

it's rainning and i have nothing better to do... so i'm here opening TRUE random topics

...This. This is it, people. See downstairs, because this little ditty applies to all of you unruly newcomers. Apart from that, I don't know what you mean by "true random topics." You make it sound either as if everybody else has been posting phony random topics or as if you are doing as you should by posting random topics, as if it's the forum's tradition. Neither is the case.

Hydrogenium wrote:

You keep posting with such an insufferably smarmy attitude, clearly unaware of exactly how thin the ice you're on is. If you continue to act against the rules of Off-Topic, we'll just silence you. Did you honestly expect us to bow down to your perseverance and let you carry on doing whatever you want?

Hydrogenium wrote:

Choke on a lego.

---
PAY CLOSE FUCKING ATTENTION EVERYONE. UNDERMINE'S POST WAS ALSO A REFERENCE, BUT IN THE CONTEXT OF SOMETHING ELSE. THE SHIFT IN REFERENTIAL FIELDS, WHERE THE INSTANCE CAN BE BROUGHT UP WITHOUT STRAY FROM THE TOPIC AT HAND IS WHAT MAKES THE REFERENCE FUNNY.
THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING YOU CAN DO IN OFF-TOPIC IS START BY POSTING A THREAD ABOUT SOMETHING YOU PERSONALLY LIKE, AND THEN COMPLAINING WHEN OTHER USERS CHEW YOU OUT FOR IT. THIS TIES IN WITH THE NEXT POINT. WE ARE NOT HERE IN A COMMUNAL FORUM TO TALK ABOUT YOU. IT CAN HAPPEN, BUT IT'S NOT THE GOAL.
ANOTHER LESSON FOR THE LOT OF YOU. IF YOU GET SILENCED, OR IF YOUR POST GETS DELETED, OR IF YOUR THREAD GETS LOCKED, OR IF I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF ME LOOKING STERNLY AT YOUR CAT'S TOES COVERED IN BLOOD AND SESAME SEEDS, I ONLY HAVE SOMETHING PERSONAL AGAINST YOU IN THE LAST CASE. YOU DID NOT GET REPRIMANDED FOR BEING YOURSELF, FOR NOT KNOWING FLUENT ENGLISH OR FOR BEING NEW; YOU GOT REPRIMANDED BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG.

---

LASTLY, OFF-TOPIC IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU TO GO WHEN YOU ARE BORED. WE DO NOT EXIST SOLELY TO RELIEVE YOU OF YOUR LAZINESS. YOUR MENTALITY IS DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE, IS BOTH AGAINST EVERY RULESET OFF-TOPIC HAS SEEN IN THE PAST YEARS AND AGAINST THE MEASURE OF COMMON SENSE, AND DENOTES A DEEP, UNDERLYING MENTALITY WHICH IS EXTREMELY TOXIC TO THE SUBFORUM'S PROSPERITY AND REPUTATION. IN ESSENCE, YOU ARE NOT POSTING HERE FOR YOURSELF. YOU ARE POSTING HERE FOR OTHER USERS.

ARE YOU WELL AND DONE, PUNKS?
silmarilen

Wojjan wrote:

The first version was a lucky break. Instead of the expected bad references, Undermine immediately responded with a picture of ragelewa (I THINK??? LEWA GOMEN)
its valentiino
Foxtrot
Fottiti.
Cyclohexane
And that's what happens when you pee in the pool
Dodecagon
Great now i have something to read on the 2 hour trip to Atlantic City ^_^
Lally
/me start to read Wojjan's post
Enzo_old

Dulcet wrote:

Fottiti.
I lol'd
Low
Devalix_old
it took me like 20 seconds to figure out what that gif said
Yoeri
If you make threads expecting people to care, then you're doing it wrong.
Kanye West

Devalix wrote:

it took me like 20 seconds to figure out what that gif said
I'm still trying to read it. And can't.
Foxtrot
Just drag the picture, you silly quacks.
silmarilen
intense staredown

was it that hard?
Topic Starter
Hydrogenium_old

Wojjan wrote:

Alright, listen up.

HERE ARE THE FAX

Douglas Adams, overhyped deceased author with a mediocre legacy of meh-fi comedy books, has attracted a cult following large enough that I'm frankly surprised his coffin hasn't guest-starred The Big Bang Theory yet. His books have become classics for no particular outstanding quality other than snark in the face of humanity, which is the Internet's forte. So it's no surprise that, like everything funny and original, the Internet's users carry a plight of dumbing it down to its lowest form, and making it into a set of references. it's your opinion, mine is different, but i'm not going to say that your'e an idiot because you don't like it. you could have answered my topic with explaination of what you didn't like, or just ignore it... it's called discussion

For some reason I can't be bothered to actually look up, today is Towel Day. Towels play a prominent role in Adams' fiction as panacea and swiss army knife. On the twenty-fifth of May, fans celebrate Adams' work by doing stupid things with towels. Just like in the books except the books had interesting characters (and settings aside from the shower where wearing a towel served a point).

Off-Topic is a subforum on the osu! forums with a rich history of troublemaking, drama, and generally being a bad egg. We (dkun and I) were put in place as Off-Topic designated staff to keep the worst of the worst out: this includes contentless posts, NSFW links, and stupidity. This last term is vague, but pretty much boils down to applying common fucking sense. a thread like that last 24 hours, now it's 00:36 gmt +2 so i don't care about towels anymore. you could close it the following day.

That said, here's what happened:

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU DID

The Towel Day thread you created is a bad idea because a discussion about Douglas Adams' literary works on the Internet of all places will not end in a discussion of his books. It will end in this:
"My sister's poetry is so vogon xD"
"I wish i had a pov gun irl . _."
"Ive been thinking about life alot: it's actually 43"
ABSOLUTE, UNRELENTING CATASTROPHE. I refer for my reasoning why we don't like reference in Off-Topic to Mr Color's post here: "Many of us know the Internet very well and what you'd think was a "cool original thing" my just be so old and tired to us." We do not care for references, especially out of context. I also explained why before with a very clever metaphor earlier in the Wojjlog, a place where you can see exactly what sort of stuff tends to get deleted around here, which you also could've read before, but didn't. you had serious trauma about this book...

The first version was a lucky break. Instead of the expected bad references, Undermine immediately responded with a picture of ragelewa (I THINK??? LEWA GOMEN) in nothing but a towel, as a reference to a past event you know nothing about. This is why I was able to simply lock it, and let UnderminE's post sit in OT in all its nostalgic glory. I locked the thread afterwards because I knew two things: First, a discussion about the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy heralds bad posts, from experience. Second, Undermine's was so exceptionally good that it didn't deserve to be followed up with a slew of mediocre geekspunk. about the trauma, yes you were right XD

The second version was doomed the very damn moment I had to call it the second version of anything. Duplicate threads are merged with their predecessors almost all the time, which you can find SEVERAL instances of if you would search and get acquainted before posting threads. If I lock a thread -- If anybody locks a thread it's with good reason. You should ask what's up with the first one, not make a second one and demand that I leave it untouched. at first i thougt you close the topic because it was poor (you leave no explaination), so i create the 2.0 with some explaination (and my apologies on top)

Are you with me so far? yep

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WHAT YOU SAID

After I got rid of the second thread, I sent you a PM. It went like this:
yo when i lock the first one that doesn't mean "make a second one."
towel day is stupid fanboyism, be happy undermine saved the first edition.
This is... rather cut-and-dry, wouldn't you say. It contains all the core elements of what I am telling you in this same post, but for some reason the message didn't quite get through. But your reply is what rubs me the worst way about your little Off-Topic escapade: (If you take this shit to the higher-ups I will paste your reply into this post but as it's a personal correspondence I don't feel that everybody need to know. You basically said "no it isn't, give me my thread back.") You do not have the experience with this particular forum to make such a judgement call, and I said as much in my re-reply:
If you really think that, then I suggest you get acquainted better with the forum. [...] The success of threads comes from the people posting in it, and the other users were extremely clear in disapproving of a douglas adams appreciation station.
i can't understand your answer... there's no success for the thread if you close it... you should leave it open for some time and see what kind of answer it recieve (ok the pic in the first thread was ugly but it was the only one... maybe the next user could have put something normal

Your third strike is the worst one, this thread. Let's take this thing from the top.

here i sent you a pm with the rules written in the wiki because i didn't find any mistake in what i wrote
in my opinion you were wrong so i...

Hydrogenium wrote:

dear wojjan
you still have 12 hours... :D
with love
Hydro
... joke with the timezone, saying that you still have 12 hours before midnight to come to west america

Here, you act as if you are entitled to having your thread back, in the most uppity haymaking attitude I have witnessed since YunoFanatic. I was appointed as a moderator because I know my shit, so you shouldn't ASSUME that I have made a mistake and act accordingly by making this thread. everybody can be wrong... we're humans When you believe a moderator is in the wrong, you ask for an explanation, and when I don't answer immediately (within the next 4 hours) you should not assume I am too much of a bitch to reply and you are therefor right. nope i thought you were doing your business, i don't know when you'll come back so i leave you a message in case i was not there This first post is rude, presumptuous and belittling. But then you continue with this little gm, the great damn reveal.

Hydrogenium wrote:

you hurt my feelings, sir... that was refered to boat's reply ok... i thing i need to explain why i open this thead, very simple... i feel very pissed of when a moderator or someone else close my threads with no reason
As also stated in the Wojjlog, if you have a personal problem with any of the moderators, including dkun and myself, take it up with them personally, or a higher-up if you want a mediator. The quickest way to make yourself look like a useless self-entitling toolbox is making a personal problem a public affair, especially when you are new and riot against a prominent user who also happens to have jurisdiction over the are you're posting it in. you're right i was childish with this... i'm sorry

Hydrogenium wrote:

The definition of this forum has been "The place where you do post crap" for a long time years ago. It's changed over time because we got way too much drivel in, and I can wholeheartedly say that it hasn't changed enough when I look at episodes like yours. The one sentence below a board is not enough to define the mentality of its regulars, which is something you have to pick up through immersion, gradually and shakily. But like in any social situation the worst thing to do is start basing yourself off of assumptions. it's not something only i like... i was looking for someone to share, or chat about this... if someone don't like it they can just ignore it...

Hydrogenium wrote:

See above, it's in there. still not agree with you on this point

Hydrogenium wrote:

i get very nervous...
Please don't make this into a victimisation-case of us picking on "the new guy." Plenty of people, as new as you, have succeeded in blending into the Off-Topic crowd almost seamlessly, it is not an impossible feat.

Hydrogenium wrote:

it's rainning and i have nothing better to do... so i'm here opening TRUE random topics
i meant i have nothing better to do instead bothering you this evening.... yes, i'm sorry for that

...This. This is it, people. See downstairs, because this little ditty applies to all of you unruly newcomers. Apart from that, I don't know what you mean by "true random topics." You make it sound either as if everybody else has been posting phony random topics or as if you are doing as you should by posting random topics, as if it's the forum's tradition. Neither is the case.

Hydrogenium wrote:

You keep posting with such an insufferably smarmy attitude, clearly unaware of exactly how thin the ice you're on is. If you continue to act against the rules of Off-Topic, we'll just silence you. Did you honestly expect us to bow down to your perseverance and let you carry on doing whatever you want? still childish sentences i was regretful about

Hydrogenium wrote:

Choke on a lego. also refered to boat's reply... don't get personally thing that are not for you... but thanks anyway

---
PAY CLOSE FUCKING ATTENTION EVERYONE. UNDERMINE'S POST WAS ALSO A REFERENCE, BUT IN THE CONTEXT OF SOMETHING ELSE. THE SHIFT IN REFERENTIAL FIELDS, WHERE THE INSTANCE CAN BE BROUGHT UP WITHOUT STRAY FROM THE TOPIC AT HAND IS WHAT MAKES THE REFERENCE FUNNY.
THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING YOU CAN DO IN OFF-TOPIC IS START BY POSTING A THREAD ABOUT SOMETHING YOU PERSONALLY LIKE, AND THEN COMPLAINING WHEN OTHER USERS CHEW YOU OUT FOR IT. THIS TIES IN WITH THE NEXT POINT. WE ARE NOT HERE IN A COMMUNAL FORUM TO TALK ABOUT YOU. IT CAN HAPPEN, BUT IT'S NOT THE GOAL.
ANOTHER LESSON FOR THE LOT OF YOU. IF YOU GET SILENCED, OR IF YOUR POST GETS DELETED, OR IF YOUR THREAD GETS LOCKED, OR IF I SEND YOU A PICTURE OF ME LOOKING STERNLY AT YOUR CAT'S TOES COVERED IN BLOOD AND SESAME SEEDS, I ONLY HAVE SOMETHING PERSONAL AGAINST YOU IN THE LAST CASE. YOU DID NOT GET REPRIMANDED FOR BEING YOURSELF, FOR NOT KNOWING FLUENT ENGLISH OR FOR BEING NEW; YOU GOT REPRIMANDED BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG.

---

LASTLY, OFF-TOPIC IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU TO GO WHEN YOU ARE BORED. WE DO NOT EXIST SOLELY TO RELIEVE YOU OF YOUR LAZINESS. YOUR MENTALITY IS DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE, IS BOTH AGAINST EVERY RULESET OFF-TOPIC HAS SEEN IN THE PAST YEARS AND AGAINST THE MEASURE OF COMMON SENSE, AND DENOTES A DEEP, UNDERLYING MENTALITY WHICH IS EXTREMELY TOXIC TO THE SUBFORUM'S PROSPERITY AND REPUTATION. IN ESSENCE, YOU ARE NOT POSTING HERE FOR YOURSELF. YOU ARE POSTING HERE FOR OTHER USERS. i was trying to open a topic, i don't know about you previous experience about the book, and i had no time to read all 119 pages of the offtopic for a thread that will be closed in 24 hours

ARE YOU WELL AND DONE, PUNKS? in conclusion, i was really wrong i opening this timezone thread and i'm sorry i drive you mad, i can't say it wasn't my intenction because it was, i'm sorry... but i would also like a little apology from you for your lak of explaination, in the first topic and via pm... (i'm still of the opinion you shouldn't close it immediately)
thanks for this reply

Dulcet wrote:

Fottiti.
thanks

bumperpower64 wrote:

If you make threads expecting people to care, then you're doing it wrong.
i open threads to keep it open at least 10 minutes
silmarilen
calling valentiino ugly
i demand a perm ban
Yoeri
kds pls
Enzo_old
Holy shit best thread 2013, brb going to uninstall my browser
Devalix_old

silmarilen wrote:

intense staredown

was it that hard?
nope i'm just blind as fk when i'm tired
Cyclohexane
kinda surprised this guy isn't from the Philippines

Then again it's Italy so it's not much better

[transparent]oh boy this isn't obvious bait at all, clearly I am a master ruseman![/transparent]

^oh hey that actually doesn't work
I'mma leave it like this
dkun

Mr Color wrote:

kinda surprised this guy isn't from the Philippines

Then again it's Italy so it's not much better

[transparent]oh boy this isn't obvious bait at all, clearly I am a master ruseman![/transparent]

^oh hey that actually doesn't work
I'mma leave it like this
i'm done
Galkan
And that's why yoy don't treat osu!'s OT subforum seriously, kids.
Wojjanmafia tears you down in a matter of seconds if you don't play by the rules.
silmarilen
i think its like this color
Kanye West
                                
Wojjan
It's not about the towels
It's about making a statement

E:

Galkan wrote:

Wojjanmafia.
damn i love this forum
show more