forum

What program can you use to open exported replays?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
13Kenzy
Hello there guys :D

I certainly am new to the forums but I am not new on the game,

I have exported replays that had S as their rankings, and I wonder what program (other than osu!) can you use to open and play your exported replays because the file extensio to me looks like Windows Media Player ad other players may not be able to read the file extension.

That's all,

13Kenzy
XPJ38
Exported replays (.osr files) are not videos: they are files filled with information about the movement of the cursor during the play, and this kind of information is readable only by osu!.
Topic Starter
13Kenzy
ooh sad to hear that because i thought exported replays are viewable as videos
awp
that would make them megabytes or gigabytes in size (depending on compression and duration) which would add up quickly
skibblesx
So yeah, On the result screen when you finish a song, you scroll down to the whole ranking section and in the top right corner click "Export as .osr' (But if it's your BEST score, it'll be saved anyways. Unless it's an unranked map.)

Then open said .osr in /osu/Replays and then record it with Fraps.

Thats how I do videos :)
Oinari-sama
You can also check out osu!record if you're just trying to upload replay to Youtube.

If you just want to watch the osr again, simply drag and drop the file onto your osu client and it's ready to play.