forum

Where on the screen do you look?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
clashe_old
So I just started playing taiko and it gives me a headache and everything looks like it's rippling right afterwards. Tried looking at the approaching circles (sorry if wrong terminology) at first. Now I'm trying to look at the grey circle or immediately to the lower right of it but my accuracy is worse that way. Any tips?
Full Tablet
Look at the right side of the screen, where the circles come from.

About the rippling effects, get a screen with higher refresh rate (or just get used to it). Also play with high fps (200 or more, 240 is normal since it is a multiple of 60 and 120, getting less annoying screen tearing).
Luna
When you are just starting out, play slower maps where it's okay to look at the hit marker. Once your reading and pattern skills improve, you'll be able to look farther to the right without messing up so much. For faster maps, and especially Hard Rock or Hidden plays, looking quite far to the right is almost necessary. Really just a matter of practise though.
Topic Starter
clashe_old

Full Tablet wrote:

Look at the right side of the screen, where the circles come from.

About the rippling effects, get a screen with higher refresh rate (or just get used to it). Also play with high fps (200 or more, 240 is normal since it is a multiple of 60 and 120, getting less annoying screen tearing).
my eyes naturally follow the circles when they come in, guess I've gotta unfocus them a little to keep looking to the right

in the osu! options it jumps from 120fps to unlimited, oddly enough I didn't notice much difference when I set it to unlimited.

Thanks!
Mithos
The faster the notes fly past me, the more to the right I have to look. My default for an average speed is actually closer to the left of the screen than the right, but faster songs change it often.
Pizzicato
my eyes scroll with the notes
and yes. higher refresh rate really helps on taiko
boat
Depends on the sv actually, but as I most commonly play with hd/dt/hr it's usually more to the right.
Makar
Since I'm so used to playing on HD:

JhowM
I switch between left and right with my eyes at least twice a second (more on very high sv/streamy map), that is, i keep checking what is coming and what I'm hitting (accuracy), else I'll miss everything (can't HD at all).
I play far better in small 4:3 window at 800x600 (desktop res 1680x1050) than any widescreen/higher resolution.
Also, for me constant 60 fps is way better to both see and play (no input/game lag or tearing).
Dusalty
Usually I look slightly to the left of the hit marker.

On high AR

JhowM wrote:

I switch between left and right with my eyes at least twice a second (more on very high sv/streamy map), that is, i keep checking what is coming and what I'm hitting (accuracy), else I'll miss everything (can't HD at all).
Dolphin
I like playing with HD so I usually look to the right most of the time.

If the song has a stupidly low SV I just have to follow the notes :I
MMzz

In cases of low SV, I find a spot relative to this.
Yuzeyun

adapted to the song's speed if necessary
MYRKUL

Superlow res!
XK2238

as for EZ only, it's around 60% of the entire field, in the middle part.
Nanasaki-
I only play HD and a bit HR in Taiko.
When I play with HD, I always look at the right side of the screen.
When I play HR, I look in the middle of the screen.
Weird, but Idk I look so. xD
xtrem3x

XK2238 wrote:

as for EZ only, it's around 60% of the entire field, in the middle part.
^ This XDDD