forum

What is your view in online relationships?

posted
Total Posts
show more
boat

Hayden wrote:

: / I doubt with the amount of depressed people on this that relationships wont work :shock:
Another quality hayden post, completely contradicting himself.
Dark_Ai
why shouldn't online relationships work? When the right people come together then it works I'm sure. Two friends of mine have also know each other in osu! and what is next? They are happy together and have been living together as far as I see it.
most don't know, but online love can also be true love too. and of course most people think that it can't work because you can't see each other every day and blah blah ... but hey .. Distance relationship but proves how strong the love is right?
so I think it is also okay to have an online relationship and I were in one and I could say even it was hard but I feel the true love and I were really happy :D
yeah yeah I know blah blah

@Jazz I know that situation hehe
Cyclohexane
I don't mind the people who have them, good for them really.

I am not in any myself (despite what people might think HELLO MUMBLE USERS) and never been in any, regardless of my views on them. To me, it's not really a serious relationship unless there is an IRL meeting. Bit of a weird way to think, but that's how I see it.

However what I don't like is when it generates awful circlejerks, conflicts, and fights that explode in public -- that infuriates me. More than once I had to refrain myself from being very verbal about this to some people here.

They do work out though: BikdipOnABus, my favorite Let's Player, got married last year to another let's player, brynnagiadrosich, after they met each other through TVTropes and made a co-commentary LP of Majora's Mask (They fall in love during the LP and end up meeting each other IRL at the same time Bikdip completed the Anju&Kafei sidequest).

So it does happen, and it's quite the heartwarming story. link to the video
Disso-
I think they're fine, I was in a LDR for 5 years. However, I feel it's easier to get complacent when dating online. Sometimes you can just become so busy with your own daily life that it's hard to make time for another person that's not physically there. As everyone else was saying, trust is the biggest thing when dating online. If you ever even start to doubt the other person the relationship might as well end there. There is no real way to win back trust when you're dating online, neither of you can prove you were doing something at some time. The trust you establish is almost completely blind, only from knowing how they interact with you, over the internet where there are no real consequences to if they say or do something wrong.
Jazz

Mr Color wrote:

I don't mind the people who have them, good for them really.

I am not in any myself (despite what people might think HELLO MUMBLE USERS) and never been in any, regardless of my views on them.
JUST ASK HER OUT ALREADY
nah j/k we love you Color :D
D33d

skibblesx wrote:

Courtney pretty much summed up the universe.

Also it sucks not being able to have sex with them. Nudes don't always cut it yo.
On the other hand, there's something quite exciting about trading pics and then organising sexy cam sessions.
Seph
If you can't make an online relationship work, you then have no chance on working out an IRL one.
thelewa

Seph wrote:

If you can't make an online relationship work, you then have no chance on working out an IRL one.
Based on what

I mean come on this is just an unreasonably stupid statement
GeeNX
It's weird, it's always good meeting IRL, I could say u can fake online, but IRL is the same. We're not on 1900 so, things progress and these kind of relations will become more and more normal so, why not. Everyone can try whatever they want.

But just, be aware of the risks of it, if you're a very good friend of her/him or whatever, know that if you break up you'll lose contact and you won't talk anymore, so think about it first if you want just be friends or not.That thing that "oh, if we ever break up we will still be friends, okay?" I think that happens in 0,1% of cases at least from the cases I know. nvm I am late at school
Kanye West

thelewa wrote:

Seph wrote:

Based on what

I mean come on this is just an unreasonably stupid statement
yeah i agree with lewa on this

don't say stuff like that without having any idea of what you're talking about

i've been in a few "real" relationships, and i have zero confidence in trying to make an "online relationship" work. i give zero fucks about them, i know nothing about them, and quite frankly i don't want to know anything about them.
Jagermeiser
On the internet I can pretend to be a little girl and seduce old men with my charm
Kanye West

Jagermeiser wrote:

On the internet I can pretend to be a little girl and seduce old men with my charm
it works on gladi

it works on anyone
thelewa
I'm confused, is Gladi a little girl or an old man?
UnderminE
Of course an old girl.
dNextGen

Seph wrote:

you sucks too many tits or ducks or what

this is the stupidest thing i've heard for years
Chiuyo

Jagermeiser wrote:

aaaw
Kanye West

dNextGen wrote:

Seph wrote:

you sucks too many tits or ducks or what

this is the stupidest thing i've heard for years
lol ducks

yo, don't judge, if he's into that kind of thing then he can do what he wants
dNextGen
yeah,i never judge him or anyone bad for being into that thing,but that statement is just
Kanye West
no no i meant the duck thing
dkun
this can rest where it stands.
contact me ig/forum if there's an issue.