Artist: VALVE Orchestra
Title: Half Life 2 Episode 2 OST - "Sector Sweep"
Source: Half Life 2: Episode Two
Tags: half life 2 episode two ost sector sweep valve
BPM: 62
Filesize: 8492kb
Play Time: 02:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Pachira/George doing slightly badly difficulty (Easy) (0.81 stars, 94 notes)
Download: VALVE Orchestra - Half Life 2 Episode 2 OST - "Sector Sweep"
Download: VALVE Orchestra - Half Life 2 Episode 2 OST - "Sector Sweep" (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
The song from the trailer of HL2:EP2. Enjoy, brother.
Hahaha, just kidding, I'm not grigori. I was actually gonna do "You, Me, And the Bourgioisie" by The Submarines but I thought this would be a better start. This is my first beatmap, so let me know what you think guys!

Thanks,
- Georgey
Update One: Added a Metrocop Combo Burst function
Topic Starter
geogzm
anybody? :|
Rearmed
Hey, great song.
When I timed the song I got a bpm of 124. Your current bpm is correct, but it would probably be better if you doubled it and made it 124.
Your offset is really off. I found that an offset of 15200 works well. If you choose to use this offset you can't place any circles, sliders or spinners before 15.2 sec. into the song. This is because the beginning of the song uses a different bpm and I can't seem to time it right...
You need to use distance snap. On the right side of the editor screen make sure that grid snap and distance snap is selected. It would also be a good idea to change the grid level to 3. To do that select view at the top of the screen, then select grid level then select 3.
Topic Starter
geogzm

Rearmed wrote:

Hey, great song.
When I timed the song I got a bpm of 124. Your current bpm is correct, but it would probably be better if you doubled it and made it 124.
Your offset is really off. I found that an offset of 15200 works well. If you choose to use this offset you can't place any circles, sliders or spinners before 15.2 sec. into the song. This is because the beginning of the song uses a different bpm and I can't seem to time it right...
You need to use distance snap. On the right side of the editor screen make sure that grid snap and distance snap is selected. It would also be a good idea to change the grid level to 3. To do that select view at the top of the screen, then select grid level then select 3.
My brain hurts. Thanks though.
Rearmed
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
geogzm

Rearmed wrote:

If you want more help I can work on part of it and upload an attachment on my next post.
Hehe, okay mate :D
Rearmed
Okay, I've changed the bpm and the offset to what I had suggested in my last post. I've also repositioned the beat circles and sliders in the timeline to fit with the new bpm. I used distance snap to make sure circles and sliders are the correct distance apart. I changed the beatmap up until the 1 min. mark, I'll leave the rest for you. Place the attachment in the same folder as the song.

Some small notes:
-I think the beatmap is too easy; even for the easy difficulty. It's too repetitive. It's slow and there is little going on.
-Just before the 1 min. mark there is a spinner that is far too long.
-Background is neat but it stops at the middle of the song. The combine comboburst is cool but you should make the white background transparent if you can.
-You might want to add one more break and make them longer so players can rest their arms.
-On the bottom right corner you can change the playback rate to make it easier to tell where to place circles/sliders.

Download: VALVE Orchestra - Half Life 2 Episode 2 OST - Sector Sweep (geogzm) [Sample].osu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.