posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
tetsutaro

Lally wrote:

Hi from my Queue o3o

[General]
  1. remove taiko from tags since is not needed (ex.from a latest ranked taiko mapset: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/112299 ) "Part of Ao no Senritsu Taiko Maps." Changed.
  2. theblackcase.jpg is 960x640 use abigger bg :C like 1024x768. Aww but that's the only size available in the best quality <x>

[Oni]
AiBat-chan:
  1. 00:25:917 (126) - Unsnapped circle.
  2. 00:28:994 (143) - Unsnapped circle.
  3. 01:25:728 (425) - Unsnapped circle.
  4. 01:28:805 (443) - Unsnapped circle.
  5. 01:31:882 (461) - Unsnapped circle.
le almighty full map jk at 1/4 initiate~

Placement:
  1. 00:38:419 - add a k here i think it flows better the music and because this point feels really empty here Nope, deep bass here
  2. 00:43:803 (205) - remove the clap here also to became a d here because the violin is stronger here 00:43:708 (204) - and it goes to a lower with the bass 00:43:803 (205) - here to create a bit the constrast with the music a dkd pattern is better here 00:43:612 (203,204,205) -
  3. 00:46:689 (218,219,220) - same suggestion as this one ^
  4. 00:49:766 (234,235,236) - same ^
I'll just make it ambiguously colored so you can stop worrying. Added bonus: more suited as 6★ yay

[Muzu]
  1. 01:18:130 - add a d here it feels bettew with the prev pattern 01:15:149 (22,23,24) -
  2. 01:24:284 - same here ^
  3. 01:30:438 - same ^
    The above three sets of note should correspond to 01:11:880 (11,12) in the first iteration. 01:15:149 (22~24) has been made consistent with 01:21:303 (47~49) and 01:27:457 (74~76) (4th iteration's buried within ending bass)
  4. 01:32:746 - i would add a k here for following the piano or hope it's a piano :x btw to have a pattern at the end kkk feels better Nope, bass here
Futsuu and Katan are for me ok o3o
really nice and simply mapset o3o good luck with it :D
A reluctant kudosu is go :|
Nardoxyribonucleic
Hi tetsutaro, M4M from modding queue.

[Kantan]

Nicely mapped.

[Futsuu]

These are not difficult for Futsuu, consider changing them ?
00:30:726 (47) k
00:31:880 (50) ^
00:34:957 (55) ^
Optional:
01:23:611 (138) k
01:26:111 (146) d
01:29:765 (156) k

[Muzukashii]

00:07:650 (21) use k ? same as Oni
00:53:803 (28) ^
00:59:957 (51) ^
01:33:323 add d here ?
Not much to say, I appreciate the mapping patterns.

[Oni]

00:01:496 (3) use k ? It seems to fit the pitch.
00:07:650 (32) ^
00:35:342 (176) k ? to follow the patterns you have made according to the rhythm.
00:41:303 (189,190,191) kkd
00:42:073 (194,195,196) kdd
00:59:957 (287) use k ?

Good luck~ :D
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
I kinda feel like I am responding by means of common law lol.

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Hi tetsutaro, M4M from modding queue.

[Kantan]

Nicely mapped.

[Futsuu]

These are not difficult for Futsuu, consider changing them ?
00:30:726 (47) k
00:31:880 (50) ^
00:34:957 (55) ^
Nope. See fellow 5★ Futsuu Shunyu ~happy excursion~
Optional:
01:23:611 (138) k
01:26:111 (146) d
01:29:765 (156) k
Oh hell no. Compare with 6★ Futsuu Angel Dream

[Muzukashii]

00:07:650 (21) use k ? same as Oni Nope, (20) and (21) at same pitch
00:53:803 (28) ^ ^
00:59:957 (51) ^ ^
01:33:323 add d here ? Nope, cut to 4★ Muzukashii instead, referring to Soul Calibur II Brave Sword, Braver Soul
Not much to say, I appreciate the mapping patterns.

[Oni]

00:01:496 (3) use k ? It seems to fit the pitch. See Muzukashii
00:07:650 (32) ^ ^
00:35:342 (176) k ? to follow the patterns you have made according to the rhythm. See above mod by Decipher
00:41:303 (189,190,191) kkd Unnecessary handswitch unfit for 6★ Oni.
00:42:073 (194,195,196) kdd Back violin, period.
00:59:957 (287) use k ? ^

Good luck~ :D
Bravely denying kudosu.
Evening
From Zenx's mod Queue!

d = Don
k = Kat
D = Big Don
K = Big Kat
">" = Change to

Optional = Italic

Timing Check

Offset

No Problems!

BPM

No Problems!

Oni
Hit-Sound Check/Addition of Notes

00:02:265 (6) - D > d | Too much emphasis here, since the violin does not have a very low pitch and I don't hear a strong bass anywhere. The violin here is also followed by another violin note in 1/2, using a "finish" here would be inappropriate since it is technically not a "finish"
00:03:034 (9) - D > d | The violin drags on, it is inappropriate to use a loud don/big don since it is not a "finish", the violin here isn't as loud to use a big don, I recommend adding a second don 1/2 after
00:08:419 (36) - K > k | The violin here is also followed by another violin note in 1/2, using a "finish" here would be inappropriate since it is technically not a "finish"
00:40:438 + D | I can see you're making a pretty smooth rhythm here, I recommend to add this big don here to make it a better transition towards the harder section of the music
01:14:957 (360,361,362,363) - k,d,k,k > k,k,k,d | It sounds better in my opinion, change it if you want
01:27:265 (432,433,434,435) - ^
01:09:380 to 01:33:996 | I recommend a rhythm where kat always appears on the red line (1/2), since I feel that this section of the music is quite "hyper"

Kiai Time Check

No Problems

General

Ranking Criteria Check

No Problems

AiMod

No Problems

Title Check

No Problems

Muzu
Hit-Sound Check/Addition of Notes

00:03:034 (4,5,6,8) - D > d | The violin is not that low-pitched for a big don's bass
00:09:572 (26,27,29) - ^
- This applies to the next chorus also
00:40:438 + d | Feels like a nice rhythm with this don here
01:09:380 to 01:33:996 | I recommend all the dons that lie on the white line(1) to change to kats, this will make a nice rhythm for the "hyper" feeling

Kiai Time Check

No Problems

General

Ranking Criteria Check

No Problems

AiMod

No Problems

Title Check

No Problems

The other 2 difficulties are mapped well, I don't have any strong suggestions for changes

Good Luck!
YielShelion
Hello~

I'm sorry but i have looked at your beatmap and think this beatmap are already perfect.
just wait till it got ranked i think :)
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
@Zenx: This is the first mod in a long time that I need some time to ponder over.

Intro/chorus: Larges are used for emphasis and to separate the percussion and melody. See 6★ Oni Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru [Shite Yan Yo] at 47s. It's more of a personal choice of flow here though and I see your reasonable point.

00:40:438: It sounds weird for me to have a 3/4 split here. If I have to change here, I would extend the even-number iterations to a full 1/2 ddkddk, like what I have done for now.

Ending: Not really that I am trying to follow the prominent violin here, but that does give me ideas for other patterns. Again more of a personal choice and you are not wrong.

@Yiel: I can't give you kds for that remark, but thanks.
Evening

tetsutaro wrote:

@Zenx: This is the first mod in a long time that I need some time to ponder over.

Intro/chorus: Larges are used for emphasis and to separate the percussion and melody. See 6★ Oni Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru [Shite Yan Yo] at 47s. It's more of a personal choice of flow here though and I see your reasonable point.

00:40:438: It sounds weird for me to have a 3/4 split here. If I have to change here, I would extend the even-number iterations to a full 1/2 ddkddk, like what I have done for now.

Ending: Not really that I am trying to follow the prominent violin here, but that does give me ideas for other patterns. Again more of a personal choice and you are not wrong.
Ah, I see the problem here, in osu default skin the sound for big kat and big don are way to loud, consider replacing them with custom hit-sound from the Taiko Skin :3 The default for big kat is a cymbal and big don is a really loud bass, it will get disruptive if you use too much of it.
OnosakiHito
Suprise. Saw your map in the userpage, so here I am. You helped other mappers really often with your mods, so I think it is time to thank you for this care.

[ Oni]
SPOILER
General:
01:21:688 - Not a must, but consider using another Kiai here. It would work without as well, but since the tone in this whole section becomes higher and your note density(+ pattern constellation) is still the same, you only have the possibility to emphasize this part with the kiai(SV change would be also possible, but fits not well in this song I guess) - same goes for the lower difficulties.

Notes:
00:22:842 (107,108,109) - Mh, might be me since I'm used to this pattern, but I feel like kkd would fit better here. As 1/2 it would be a d d due to the background sound, but since you mapped with 1/4, kkd would possibly represent this 1/4-sounding better (tbh, I don't know how to call these sounds in english).
00:34:188 (170,173) - Or only (170) you might want to change to don. If I'm not wrong, you mapped to the contrabass. Its tone becomes deeper up to the end, where it is really deep, so the constellation I suggest might fit here well. Additional changing 00:35:342 (176) - to kat would make the last part look like the reversed pattern of the previous one.

Everything is pretty solid. I like the map. I like the style. Has an TNT feeling, but better. I also like how you kept the patterns similar, but still with small changes. I can see your experience which you gained from TNT. Great map!

[ Muzukashii]
SPOILER
00:41:303(x) - Maybe a an additional kat here. Overall patterns are fine, I don't mind the said "copy-paste" style, fits here very well. But it would have some effect on the user(I guess), showing that the next part is coming and current one ends. Also, it would fit to the 1/4 sound.
00:43:611 - This is fine as it is and I know that we map sometimes in a way which makes the Taiko fungate as own instrument in the song, but still, you wanna consider having k k d k k d here. Reason should be known.
00:49:765 - ^ (this might even fit better, since most of the people hit the slider as don -> kkdkkdddd...)
00:50:726 (21) - Broken Slider. - I will ask peppy about this. For now there is nothing we can do against it.

Nice structure of Muzukashii, same as in Oni.

[ Futsuu]
SPOILER
01:32:842 (165) - Not a must again, but maybe have a kat. Previous parts had much more kats, but here the usage of kats falls down to zero. Nothing urgent, though.

I wish, people would map their Futsuus as easy as we do. This will be another great example for new mappers.

Before I continue with Kantan, let me say something about the spread in this set (important for other Taiko BATs as well):
This is a prime example for a spread which is not common in our community. tetsutaro used the basic knowledge of the beatsnap divisior in different difficulties which is roughly said as being 'Kantan - 2/1 notes; Futsuu - 1/1; Muzukashii - 1/2; Oni - 1/4'. While people often use more notes as required in lower / higher difficulties(which often leads to addition diffs. to ensave the spread), tetsutaro just used his knowledge about the beatsnap divisor which made the spread between all difficulties high (more or less) but consistent.

With that said, I would give this spread a go. But before we do so, you should delete some notes in the Kantan, @ tetsutaro. Many patterns are similar to Futsuu.

[ Kantan]
SPOILER
General:
The kiais are just slightly different to Futsuu, but let's don't be that strict in this case, huh? If we would make the kiais easier, you would need to make the whole Kantan easier as well, so the kiais appear to be harder again(though, when I think about it, this would be the best solution when considering the spread - also a great example that a Kantan can be super easy, but well, it's your decision). I would appreciate it at least.

Notes:
00:17:073 - Use less kats here, since it is mostly similar to what you did in the Futsuu, while Muzu compared to Futsuu has something totally different.
00:42:073 - Same here. The patterns are similar to Futsuu which makes voltages in the overall spread.
00:50:919 (60) - No, personally I'm not sure about this. But consider to make the slider shorter up to 00:52:073 ? I'm a bit worried about how close the upcoming note to the slider is.
01:09:380~01:21:688 - Same as before, about the similarity between F and K. Afterwards coming part is harder than this one, so it would be fine. Futsuu becomes harder at this point as well (01:21:688).

That's it.

Overall really nice set. I enjoyed all difficulties, and the spread is smart (even though I'm not sure if this was done intensionally by you - but experienced Taiko mappers often have a decent feeling for these kind of stuff, right? Heh). Just consider once again to make the Kantan overall easier than now. It is not a must, but it would ensave the ranking process and make my work easier, Haha. If you should decide to follow my recommendation, I would mod(recheck) the Kantan once again and give it a bubble right after my mod and your check since I'm confident about your mapping anyway.

Call me back and have some stars for your nice work!
Topic Starter
tetsutaro

OnosakiHito wrote:

[ Oni]
SPOILER
General:
01:21:688 - Not a must, but consider using another Kiai here. It would work without as well, but since the tone in this whole section becomes higher and your note density(+ pattern constellation) is still the same, you only have the possibility to emphasize this part with the kiai(SV change would be also possible, but fits not well in this song I guess) - same goes for the lower difficulties.

Notes:
00:22:842 (107,108,109) - Mh, might be me since I'm used to this pattern, but I feel like kkd would fit better here. As 1/2 it would be a d d due to the background sound, but since you mapped with 1/4, kkd would possibly represent this 1/4-sounding better (tbh, I don't know how to call these sounds in english).
Huh kkd is taking the percussion route while kdd is closer to the melodic parts, which I was going for. Let's have a bait-and-switch here to make this 6★ more legit then. (hey

00:34:188 (170,173) - Or only (170) you might want to change to don. If I'm not wrong, you mapped to the contrabass. Its tone becomes deeper up to the end, where it is really deep, so the constellation I suggest might fit here well. Additional changing 00:35:342 (176) - to kat would make the last part look like the reversed pattern of the previous one.
The thing has a name!? :o And *checks Wikipedia* yes it is the contrabass there. Anyway if you explain it that way it would be an awesome pattern, but I would contend that (153)~(160) also take the reversed form for symmetry.

Everything is pretty solid. I like the map. I like the style. Has an TNT feeling, but better. I also like how you kept the patterns similar, but still with small changes. I can see your experience which you gained from TNT. Great map!

[ Muzukashii]
SPOILER
00:41:303(x) - Maybe a an additional kat here. Overall patterns are fine, I don't mind the said "copy-paste" style, fits here very well. But it would have some effect on the user(I guess), showing that the next part is coming and current one ends. Also, it would fit to the 1/4 sound.
I did this <00:36:880 (180,181,182,183,184,185)> in Oni, so now putting notes there don't mess up the leverage. But referring to a previous mod ( p/2386392 ) I think it is triple or none, so triple.

00:43:611 - This is fine as it is and I know that we map sometimes in a way which makes the Taiko fungate as own instrument in the song, but still, you wanna consider having k k d k k d here. Reason should be known.
00:49:765 - ^ (this might even fit better, since most of the people hit the slider as don -> kkdkkdddd...)
Self-reference reversal (I just make up the name) FTW! Note that the 00:47:649 (14) has k -> d for I-don't-know-why-I-put-it-like-that-that-was-stupid reasons.

00:50:726 (21) - Broken Slider. - I will ask peppy about this. For now there is nothing we can do against it.
I don't quite see how this is broken, but thanks for helping sort things out. :)

Nice structure of Muzukashii, same as in Oni.

[ Futsuu]
SPOILER
01:32:842 (165) - Not a must again, but maybe have a kat. Previous parts had much more kats, but here the usage of kats falls down to zero. Nothing urgent, though.
*looks up on Muzu and Oni* *looks down on Kantan* mkay, another for the why-you-put-that-that-was-stupid pit.

I wish, people would map their Futsuus as easy as we do. This will be another great example for new mappers.

Before I continue with Kantan, let me say something about the spread in this set (important for other Taiko BATs as well):
This is a prime example for a spread which is not common in our community. tetsutaro used the basic knowledge of the beatsnap divisior in different difficulties which is roughly said as being 'Kantan - 2/1 notes; Futsuu - 1/1; Muzukashii - 1/2; Oni - 1/4'. While people often use more notes as required in lower / higher difficulties(which often leads to addition diffs. to ensave the spread), tetsutaro just used his knowledge about the beatsnap divisor which made the spread between all difficulties high (more or less) but consistent.

With that said, I would give this spread a go. But before we do so, you should delete some notes in the Kantan, @ tetsutaro. Many patterns are similar to Futsuu.

[ Kantan]
SPOILER
General:
The kiais are just slightly different to Futsuu, but let's don't be that strict in this case, huh? If we would make the kiais easier, you would need to make the whole Kantan easier as well, so the kiais appear to be harder again(though, when I think about it, this would be the best solution when considering the spread - also a great example that a Kantan can be super easy, but well, it's your decision). I would appreciate it at least.

Notes:
00:17:073 - Use less kats here, since it is mostly similar to what you did in the Futsuu, while Muzu compared to Futsuu has something totally different.
Recalling from the gist in Cytus EASY (Level 4) (video), at least one diff will have to maintain that pattern from 27s~33s and Kantan will be the one. Adding dons across the second half of this interval to resemble 35s onwards, also reinforcing Futsuu's 5★ rating.

00:42:073 - Same here. The patterns are similar to Futsuu which makes voltages in the overall spread.
Again referencing Cytus EASY and adding to Futsuu instead. Kantan remains following the general contrabass and Futsuu now takes on a simplified version of the prominent strings (like 58s onwards in the video)

00:50:919 (60) - No, personally I'm not sure about this. But consider to make the slider shorter up to 00:52:073 ? I'm a bit worried about how close the upcoming note to the slider is.
Good point there, Kantan sliders are usually shorter in cases like this in authentic charts. Also moved start forward to match the actual note.

01:09:380~01:21:688 - Same as before, about the similarity between F and K. Afterwards coming part is harder than this one, so it would be fine. Futsuu becomes harder at this point as well (01:21:688). More ramping up in Futsuu.

Basically this is more of a problem of reinstating Futsuu as a more legit 5★ Futsuu. Kantan is nicely at 3★ Kantan IMO.

That's it.

Overall really nice set. I enjoyed all difficulties, and the spread is smart (even though I'm not sure if this was done intensionally by you - but experienced Taiko mappers often have a decent feeling for these kind of stuff, right? Heh). Just consider once again to make the Kantan overall easier than now. It is not a must, but it would ensave the ranking process and make my work easier, Haha. If you should decide to follow my recommendation, I would mod(recheck) the Kantan once again and give it a bubble right after my mod and your check since I'm confident about your mapping anyway.

Call me back and have some stars for your nice work!
OnosakiHito
The thing is, if you make Futsuu harder, the spread to Muzu might become denser, hence it would force you to make another Oni since else the spread in the lower difficulties is denser while the one from Muzu to Oni is not. It wouldn't be rankable anymore due to the general osu rules.
That's why I suggested making the Kantan easier instead of Futsuu harder( also, I wouldn't suggest to follow cytus standart since they have not a community with established rules ).

Well, it's up to you at this point.

About the broken slider: One slider tick is missing, but that's not due to your mapping, rather because of the bugged editor in the taiko mode.
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
Tinkered a bit more on Kantan and Futsuu, and leaving for further mods and checks while I mod others.
POONwing
8 months have passed and still not ranked? why?
-Very good note charts in general, the rhythm of the notes is comfortable
---
About Oni:
You put a few mines like xox x and x oxx and makes it a hard 6★ (difficult in terms of FCing in 6★)
Topic Starter
tetsutaro

POONwing wrote:

8 months have passed and still not ranked? why?
-Very good note charts in general, the rhythm of the notes is comfortable
---
About Oni:
You put a few mines like xox x and x oxx and makes it a hard 6★ (difficult in terms of FCing in 6★)
General low incentive to seek for mods and BATs :P
But this is already the closest I have ever got to getting ranked, having Ono modded :)

Also yes there is good rationale to call a medium-low 7★ :P
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
Whoops, nothing happened.

Mod on guys :D Would love it.
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
Whoops less happened

That is before I revamped many parts of Futsuu, Muzukashii and Oni.
Mod please
Niko-nyan
a little mention :) seems i said add taiko to tags for now it doesnt need anymore because the improvement of search
OnosakiHito
I'm fine with everything so I give you your very first bubble?

Good job tetsutaro! Bubbled.
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
Yay~ (after 5 years)

Thanks everyone who have put up to my maps (including the three revamps on Future Lab then deleted)
DakeDekaane
I have this map since a long time ago and have lots of fun with it, nice to see this getting the attention it deserves.
TKS
hi.

[ Oni]
  1. 00:19:765 (90) - 00:25:919 (126) - i think these notes should be k. i know, these d are your intentional pattern. so, is this aware of the Taiko no Tatsujin?:3 but this point has a clearly higher pitch (and has the snaredrum sound)

[ Muzukashii]
  1. 00:25:342 (25,26,27,28) - i feel kddk here. can be more fit a pitch.
  2. 00:28:419 (35,36,37,38,39,40) - so same reason as above. maybe kkdkkkd here?
  3. 00:38:419 - add d here. will be good accent with 00:35:342 (58) -
  4. 00:50:726 (21) - this slider has lost one point by bug. its plays weird to me. so you can set end point to 00:51:520 .(on 1/16 line)

current slider
    fixed slider
Kantan, Futsuu are fine to me.
Topic Starter
tetsutaro

TKS wrote:

hi. Thanks for the pop!

[ Oni]
  1. 00:19:765 (90) - 00:25:919 (126) - i think these notes should be k. i know, these d are your intentional pattern. so, is this aware of the Taiko no Tatsujin?:3 but this point has a clearly higher pitch (and has the snaredrum sound)
(90) OK snare focus for the cluster
(126) I am following that prominent instrument (I cannot name). Changed the cluster to katsu-triple base like around it

[ Muzukashii]
  1. 00:25:342 (25,26,27,28) - i feel kddk here. can be more fit a pitch.
    Not really though, I am mapping to this instrument (I cannot name)
  2. 00:28:419 (35,36,37,38,39,40) - so same reason as above. maybe kkdkkkd here?
    So same reason as above too.
  3. 00:38:419 - add d here. will be good accent with 00:35:342 (58) -
    (58) is the legacy from the violin before. After 00:35:534 the focus changes to the bass percussion.
  4. 00:50:726 (21) - this slider has lost one point by bug. its plays weird to me. so you can set end point to 00:51:520 .(on 1/16 line) OK, if a BAT approves of this workaround

current slider
    fixed slider
Kantan, Futsuu are fine to me.
TKS
Ranked
really nicely mapped. good job :)

Edit : too many ranked today. i will rank this tomorrow.
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
\ :) / Rank tomorrow is infinity times better than not yet ranked (because divided by zero thing and I just cursed the maths world right)

--Also is too many ranked a thing?--
TKS

tetsutaro wrote:

\ :) / Rank tomorrow is infinity times better than not yet ranked (because divided by zero thing and I just cursed the maths world right)

--Also is too many ranked a thing?--
the upper limit of the rank is 8maps/day
OnosakiHito
Aw. lol
TKS
time to go! 8-)
neonat
Congrats tetsutaro :)
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
\ :D / Thanks everyone who modded and even just played! And to Ono and TKS for ranking!
DakeDekaane
Yessss, congratulations
Kyouren
Gratzz!! tetsutaro^^ for First Ranked Maps!!
Topic Starter
tetsutaro
lol Like after 6 years of failed attempts all around the dead and deleted www

Thanks Dake and gokugohan
Stefan
tetsutaro got his first rank? How interesting~ gotta try it out later

Congratulations!
Asagi Mutsuki
Waiting this to be ranked for a long time XD gratz tetsutaro~

also why taiko in tags *runs*
TKS

cdhsausageboy wrote:

still it helps when searching in the client. xD
Stefan

TKS wrote:

cdhsausageboy wrote:

still it helps when searching in the client. xD
spoiler!
Coro
Oh hey, gratz~
OnosakiHito
Finally, congratulation tetsutaro! Hope to see in 6 years a new map of yours. lmao
Nwolf
yay gz :>
Topic Starter
tetsutaro

OnosakiHito wrote:

Finally, congratulation tetsutaro! Hope to see in 6 years a new map of yours. lmao
And I take this at face value. Hilarious.