forum

[Archived] It's not working.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nakimushineko
Everytime I start osu there's an pop up saying there's an error.

This pop up :

I don't know how to fix it. D:
zinckingeye
seems someone already post this problem. run updater.
Topic Starter
nakimushineko
I did and still not working. There's also an pop up says that there's an error. Class not registered again. :<

zinckingeye
wooh. cannot identify what file is not registered. run it as admin. if still persist reinstall everything from osu, and net2.0.
peppy
That's a pretty rare/random error. Above instructions are wise – it's likely a .NET installation error (although I'm not sure how this can happen).
Subaru
install latest .NET distributions, from 2.0 - 4.0. It may fix the issue
Topic Starter
nakimushineko

zinckingeye wrote:

wooh. cannot identify what file is not registered. run it as admin. if still persist reinstall everything from osu, and net2.0.
Run as admin, Didn't work. Reinstall everything, somehow it worked, I can play it now but the update doesn't work. (class not registered like before)
Topic Starter
nakimushineko

Subaru wrote:

install latest .NET distributions, from 2.0 - 4.0. It may fix the issue
I did, but didn't work. Thanks anyway :)
zinckingeye
wahahaha... seems you may update it manually...
Topic Starter
nakimushineko
Manually? :O
MillhioreF
I can't find anything useful on google about this error, sadly. Can you try redownloading the updater manually and running that in the osu! folder instead?
http://s.ppy.sh/release/osume.exe
Topic Starter
nakimushineko

MillhioreF wrote:

I can't find anything useful on google about this error, sadly. Can you try redownloading the updater manually and running that in the osu! folder instead?
I did.. and this :

Still not working, aye.
zinckingeye

nakimushineko wrote:

MillhioreF wrote:

I did.. and this :

Still not working, aye.
the only work of this osume is just download, and extract the .zip(it seems it use zlib) file into dll or exe file.

does it download any updates till 100% on one of them and then error message pop-up like in your screenshot?
i see your osu!ui.dll.zip compressed file seems complete. please extract it manually to root folder of osu as it is a part of update.
Topic Starter
nakimushineko

zinckingeye wrote:

does it download any updates till 100% on one of them and then error message pop-up like in your screenshot?
Yes :3
Topic Starter
nakimushineko
I extract it and it says there's already a file. :?
MillhioreF
It looks like you're missing an important system .dll somewhere. Unfortunately, the osu! updater loads over 80 system .dll files, so I have no idea which one could be causing an issue... A reinstall of Windows would 99% likely fix the problem, but I don't think you're ready to resort to that.
zinckingeye

nakimushineko wrote:

zinckingeye wrote:

Yes :3
does any extract file message show before error?
Topic Starter
nakimushineko

MillhioreF wrote:

It looks like you're missing an important system .dll somewhere. Unfortunately, the osu! updater loads over 80 system .dll files, so I have no idea which one could be causing an issue... A reinstall of Windows would 99% likely fix the problem, but I don't think you're ready to resort to that.
I thought of that, reinstalling Windows but like you said I'm not ready. That's the only way? I mean, isn't there any other way to fix it?

zinckingeye wrote:

does any extract file message show before error?
There's none.
MillhioreF
If the updater worked in the past, you can try doing a system restore back to a time when it worked.
Topic Starter
nakimushineko
That's the only way huh. That'll work. Thank you :)
Draconi
There's a system file checker utility built into windows that scans the system for problems and restores the files to their original state. To use it you should do the following:

1. Look for "cmd.exe" inside "C:\Windows\System32\". Right click it and select "Run as administrator"
2. Type "sfc /scannow"
3. Wait for the scan to finish. It may take 10 minutes or more.
4. If it finds and correct any errors, restart your computer.

Maybe that will work.
Topic Starter
nakimushineko

Draconi wrote:

There's a system file checker utility built into windows that scans the system for problems and restores the files to their original state. To use it you should do the following:

1. Look for "cmd.exe" inside "C:\Windows\System32\". Right click it and select "Run as administrator"
2. Type "sfc /scannow"
3. Wait for the scan to finish. It may take 10 minutes or more.
4. If it finds and correct any errors, restart your computer.

Maybe that will work.
I did that one before, sadly didn't work.
zinckingeye
does now eliminate error message you got?
Topic Starter
nakimushineko
Not yet. Haven't restoring it when it worked or reinstall of windows. Do you have idea of other way to fix it rather than restoring/reinstall?
zinckingeye
any patching dll message b4 error?

since dll of net2.0 requires register of class during install/reinstall, then this will may not a cause of error.

what are the list of non-microsoft dll/class/reference needed by osume.exe so we can check if some of dll is really exist and working on his/her pc...
show more