forum

[Archived] Failing at the end, even with HP bar full

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bunnrei
So I was playing http://osu.ppy.sh/s/91214 at CTB mode. Then at one part, osu! froze for a moment, making me miss. Everything seems fine, then when I caught the last fruit (at that exact moment), the hp bar (which was full) became empty in an instant, and osu! thinks I failed. What happened? :(

EDIT: I already experienced this before in a multi game, on a different map.
Subaru
it's because when osu! froze, the operations done at the backend like falling fruits still continues, that's why you thought osu! thinks you failed.
Assuming that your catcher didn't move while fruits fall, it may be an issue to your end, because osu! freezes? That happened to me too when I was using Pentium Dual Core. Close unnecessary programs that can intrude from your normal gameplay.
VoidnOwO
See Subaru's signature? Turn those off :roll:
TheVileOne
This has happened to me before. I don't think it is necessarily a problem completely specific to his machine, but related to a specific set of criteria that is needed to trigger it.

Full health can just completely kill you at the end. The last note will just be followed by the fail sequence regardless of HP. It will just completely drain the HP at the last note. It hasn't happened recently though. It might be related to a lag moment at exactly the right moment that makes the game think you're missing notes. It will think you failed after the last note is hit for some reason.
Kurokami
It happened with me today, latest build and I failed at the end with no lag at all. So I think this should be fixed.
MillhioreF
This always happens on certain maps with overlapping sliders and circles, but only in Standard mode - and even then, it happens 100% of the time on maps where it happens, and 0% of the time otherwise. It should never happen in any other mode unless you scored 0 points, so I'm at a loss.
Topic Starter
Bunnrei
It happened again D:
But it was probably because I opened a .osz file while playing a map.

Note: There were no misses at that play.

EDIT:

Subaru wrote:

it's because when osu! froze, the operations done at the backend like falling fruits still continues, that's why you thought osu! thinks you failed.
Assuming that your catcher didn't move while fruits fall, it may be an issue to your end, because osu! freezes? That happened to me too when I was using Pentium Dual Core. Close unnecessary programs that can intrude from your normal gameplay.
The only programs that were open are Google Chrome and BitTorrent. Maybe the background programs?

BRBP wrote:

lolno
Subaru

osu_gangster wrote:

Subaru wrote:

The only programs that were open are Google Chrome and BitTorrent. Maybe the background programs?
The background programs that you have may have distracted you from your normal gameplay because of the priority level of the programs running in background. Seems like it.

osu_gangster wrote:

BRBP wrote:

lolno
That's one possibility :)
Kurokami

MillhioreF wrote:

This always happens on certain maps with overlapping sliders and circles, but only in Standard mode
No, I only playing CtB and this happened with me then.