forum

[invalid] 100% dim is not 100% black

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
Reeeeally nitpicky, but if peppy decided to remove the BG during kiai flashes as well then I might as well go all the way and report this.

Let's turn a map to 100% dim:
Looks good, at least on most monitors. However, on some monitors with the gamma and brightness way up, it looks more like this:
The background is still there. The background is only 99% dimmed, it would seem, as poking around the image reveals that not all pixels are #000000, but more like #010101, #020001, etc. depending on the pixel.

Like I said, ultra nitpicky, but some people prefer to play with that horrendous level of brightness (especially some FL players)
Devs can feel free to mark this invalid if they don't see it as an issue, but I felt it was worth reporting.
Ayesha Altugle
ow, my eyes at second screenshot

Edit: confirming on this Screen Shot
SPOILER
[attachment=0:ea35f]screenshot1693[/attachment:ea35f]
Winshley

MillhioreF wrote:

... but some people prefer to play with that horrendous level of brightness (especially some FL players)
Real men plays Flashlight without blasted gamma and/or brightness setting. :P

On-topic: I really am not sure if this is worth confirming, because the problem is very minor indeed... :?
the_z
[redacted]
Marcin
iirc having high contrast / brightness is not allowed :D/
Macacito
delete bg
Marcin
delete yourself from here, thanks.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
In light of the recent flashlight events, I feel safe marking this invalid.
the_z
[redacted]
Marcin
0,0001 % of dimm won't make any farking difference, seriously... you can't stand ALMOST black bg?
the_z
[redacted]
[Kanzaki Ranko]

LordZak wrote:

Even if it's only a very minor bug for most people it should still be confirmed... I find them distracting, some maps they are very clear, e.g Valkyrie Dimension.
peppy already was against background dim, and just implemented it so people would stop deleting BGs, and I remember he mentioning something like if he had a choice not to, he wouldn't implement BG dim.

Also, 90% is more than enough for it not to be distracting. Use a contrast and/or brightness normal people do and your problem will be solved.