If I look through the screenshots now, I actually see the similarity. The style is about 80-90% similar, from the colors to forms or styling of various elements.
pixeldesu wrote:I don't know why, but it looks pretty similar to Xiao's Nexus (Slate/Ivory) Skin, but with a own touch and all playmodes.NeOsu 2 had a unique aesthetic to it, which I thought was cool. This is uncomfortably similar. I'm not going to whine and moan about it—after all, I can't claim an aesthetic as my own. At least you skinned all the modes.
You can take different looks at it...it's sure okay to take some ideas and make them into something better, but a bit more difference would be better, because this just reminds me too much of Nexus. And, sure...Ideas for skins aren't made in a day or two, it takes sometimes a lot of time so it may be easier to look up for some clues from other skins, but what we've got here is a really high similarity. After all it is Xiao's Skin and his choice if it is too much similarity or not, so I'm quite fine with that.
But yes, after all that negative comments or critics I have to say that it also has it own style...some texts here and there and hexagons. Also this blue/grayish color-theme looks quite nice and futuristic. The skin is nothing that rapes your eyes while playing and the effects and hits stay near the new standard skin.
Overall it's a quite nice skin and I think that's the most important thing after all :>
- The futuristic look and the blue/grayish-theme look nice
- The idea of an own character for the skin (and maybe more characters) is nice
- It's not bloated and annoys while playing
- All playmodes are skinned
- Taiko: The hits overlay the next circles, so it's harder to play (fix is already assigned)
- High similarity to Nexus (some elements look like taken from the Skin and only some effects and texts were changed, harsh said)