Best of luck with re-approving.
thank you very much for the modding. I'm not lazy for changing , but some of the mod is completely opposite to my understanding of this music. At least, imo, if the map is not what i aim to map, it cannot not be called as "my work"
regarding overmapped stuff:
00:39:820 (1) - slider-end lands on nothing it's end on 1/4 - like those 3/4 slider but this is 7/4 because of the mezzo-soprano
01:00:993 (9) - lands on nothing i think the drum here is clear.. please try to delete it and listen to the music :<
01:04:339 (7) - ^ the grace notes by guitar , and that's why i use semi-stacked notes but not stream
01:04:454 (8) - ^ ^
01:04:801 (2) - ^:arrow: ^
01:04:916 (3) - ^:arrow: ^
01:05:262 (5) - ^:arrow: ^
01:05:377 (7) - ^:arrow: ^
01:05:724 (2) - ^:arrow: ^
01:05:839 (3) - ^:arrow: ^
01:06:185 (5) - ^:arrow: ^
01:06:301 (7) - ^:arrow: ^
01:14:666 (9) - lands on nothing, reduce by 1/4 please it's good~
01:16:685 (10) - lands on nothing removed
01:17:435 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - this should be a 1/2 stream. the first part fits 1/2 better so i changed
01:19:339 (4,6) - lands on nothing fixed
01:21:877 (8) - ^ fixed
01:22:108 (11,13) - ^ guitar transition
01:26:897 (1) - overmapped as hell. (not existing beats in the song at blue-red-blue because of guitar 1/2 or 1/1 are heard terrible ...so i choose to 1/4 and use kick slider to control the difficulty
01:27:127 (7) - ^
01:27:358 (8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - should be a 1/2 stream also due to guitar
I covered about 1:30 min of the song now.
many parts ARE overmapped.
Don't say everything is fixed already if people still offer suggestions, it only shows your laziness towards your map and
it seems like you don't care about improving it either.
Blue Dragon wrote:I'm presenting these points as someone who can play the map properly and has the skills/experience to know what's good. Any troll posts like 'omg but ur maps are le shitty XD' or 'omg bat noobs cant pley' will be ignored.
- AR10 is kinda forced in here. There are no jumps that are unreadable with AR9. Honestly, it seems like you're only using AR10 because of the self-proclaimed "pros" that don't know how to play anything AR9 or below.
- 01:10:281 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - You can hear it on 25%. It's 1/2. You can not deny it. It's overmapping. Not even gonna argue about it, it's unrankable. I delete all the note here, and replay this part as 75%/50%/25% rate many times, and i'm sure there're clear drum on the first stanza. I remake this part since the drums in the second stanza is note exactly the same to the first
- 01:14:666 (9) - Why isn't this 1/2? Doesn't even make sense rhythmically. fixed
- 01:17:435 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - There aren't 1/4 sounds here. There are actually barely any 1/2s. Unrankable as well. Also, it plays very badly. changed to 1/2
All of the 1/4 streams that don't have 1/4 sound in the music are unrankable. i can't agree with it, many great maps like 2012 / Dragon Force / have similar cases
- 03:45:358 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Plays horribly bad and doesn't make any sense while playing. i remake this part
- 04:18:942 (1) - I'm... really unsure about this slider. I'm pretty sure it's unrankable but needs a lot of discussion. it's because of timing < <
- 04:30:588 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 until the rest of the stream) - Plays horribly bad, it's only clearable by the best players there and isn't any fun to smash your keyboard hopelessly. May want to replace some notes with repeating kicksliders. it is fine to use some kick sliders here so i remake the long stream
- 05:06:127 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1) - *nazi* stream isn't properly aligned, cough er...isn't it slightly curved ?
- 05:46:280 (1,2,3,4) - The sliderends don't follow the song. i think it is fine due to the high pitches here...
The end is just a grambled mess of 1/2 sliders that don't follow the song. well it was changed for some mods before.. change back?
I'm being honest here. osu! is a rhythm game, not a "1/2 tap away + spam your keyboard when you want" game. If you want a good map, then follow the song properly. i completely agree with it
thank you very much~~
Sync wrote:EDIT: PLEASE do not change to AR9. AR10 fits SO much better.
01:19:627 - there should be a note here to follow the guitar. make it a 1-beat slider and delete the slider on the downbeat fixed~
01:50:204 (6,7,8,1) - space these closer together so the player can distinguish these between this and normal 1/2 fine
02:13:743 (4) - the transition from the slider to the stream is awkward, so consider adding a note here (the white tick right before the stream). if you don't do this, I strongly advise spacing the stream further away so the player doesn't hit too early the white tick is not a good place to add a note, so i move the stream to the left side~
03:13:974 (1) - a slider would be better here in my opinion. the time before the spinner and the next note is so quick that it is somewhat disorienting. plus the slider you used before was awesome so you should do something similar here draw slider is hard Q_Q
03:45:358 (1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - this pattern is SUPER hard. I recommend mixing in some sliders (particularly on the (2) and (3) hit-circles) and maybe space it out a little bit for readability purposes. i remake this pattern
04:11:549 (1) - space further away; players are prone to hit it too early. (it's a slider, so the hitbox is lenient but that's besides the point) okay
04:12:702 (1) - the repeat/end aren't on time [add timing here later] try to fix it and i think it's better?
04:14:064 (1) - this slider isn't on time at all -- way too early [add timing here later] try to fix
04:18:942 (1) - too late try to fix
04:52:280 (1) - this was deemed unrankable in the past; however, I do not agree with it. I personally think this should stay but other BATs may disagree It comes from Gold Dust...you know which map > > the same slider
04:54:011 (6) - add a note here to follow the percussion (I know you left some parts out on purpose but this should be here imo) okay
05:05:319 (2) - ^ about here, actually, 05:04:742 (1) is a part of prev combo...i move nc to (2)... hmm the beat in this stanza X X X ooO o, so that, if a redtick note is really need, place it before the third white tick (05:05:088 - ) is much better than 05:05:319 i think
05:30:242 (5) - delete this note -- you have a 1 beat pause at 05:29:319 but not here. the inconsistency makes it confusing. you can do that OR add a note at the aforementioned place. either way works fine. I personally like the latter here better because of the guitar is really setting the pace of the song in this section
agreed and fixed, so the beat here is looked like prev one :>
06:07:511 (1) - see 04:52:280 (1) ~~
06:18:588 (1,1,2) - this part is really unreadable. the spinner fits the music but the notes that come after it are the problem. maybe add a cool slider like you did previously? Q_Q Slider Slider Slider...
notes you should consider deleting:
01:17:493 (4,6) - feels awkward while playing -- stream should start on downbeat. plays a lot better that way -- try it out fixed
there's my mod
talk to me after you look through it. i'll recheck
P.S. don't give up on this map
thank you very much for the modding
Shiro wrote:well you don't want to spend the time to go through this via IRC so here's a mod
please please keep this AR10, AR10 is perfect for this map
these are major issues:
- kiai flashes are unrankable discussed with you on irc already and i think a single kiai fountain is fine :>
- 01:22:051 (9,10,11,12,1) - This stream is overmapped and highly inconsistent with what you did before. For the same rhythm at 01:19:627 (5,6,7,1) - you used two sliders, and at this point you use two circles then a stream then use circles for 01:23:666 (6,7,8,9) - . Same goes for 02:03:589 (8,9,10,11,1) - 02:10:743 (7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - 04:48:819 (8,9,10,11,1) -
these cases are not exactly the some so i go through them one by one
01:22:051 (9,10,11,12,1) - change to a slider which is better
02:03:589 (8,9,10,11,1) - remove the following four notes for the next pattern
02:10:743 (7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - keep for some slightly contrast
04:48:819 (8,9,10,11,1) - change to a slider
- 01:38:897 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - I can understand the stream to lead into the kiai but this one doesn't lead into anything. I'd rather see instead of 01:38:897 (5,6) - another 1/1 slider then a circle that leads into 01:39:358 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - . And for 01:39:358 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - a stream would kind of fit but as a sliderstream to emphasize the violin 1/2 and I think it would play better
turn to two sliders
- 01:58:281 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Weird stream. Please make it start with kick sliders then lead into full circles like you did at 01:26:897 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - it will make this play better and be more consistent
sorry no change here. These two part are not the same, at here, the kick sliders in the middle is due to the change of tune. And.. it's one of the best part i made so please >.<
- 02:06:820 (5,6) - very surprising and awkward to play. This 3/4 slider is extremely confusing. Please turn the 3/4 into a full 1/1 slider.
at first it was a 1/1 slider but the beat following is heard..plaint so i try to make some change and emphasize the scond downbeat
- 02:49:051 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - Overmapped. Once again this doesn't lead into anything and is highly inconsistent with how the map was made before. This goes for 03:03:704 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - as well and 03:07:397 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) -
first -> sliders , second -> keep since it's also a important part for transition third -> new beats
- 06:03:588 (3) - that was highly unintuitive, rhythm and pattern here call for a 1/2 slider. Even the placement looks like this isn't meant to be 3/4
i tried 1/2 before but it's really looked ugly...any back to 1/2 again
these are other problems:
- 00:06:590 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - for this whole part why make the circles land 1/2 after the spinners ? that's super confusing and hard to play especially at this speed why not make them stop 1/1 or more before actually i don't care i use 1/2 just because one ppl was complaint about the 1/1 maybe too short?
- 00:23:205 (3) - did you forget a finish on this (if so, add a new combo too) finish here heard terrible but normal heard fine. No new combo here or the combo is too short
- 00:30:590 (3) - same ^
- 00:36:128 (3) - add a new combo on this ? if I get it right your pattern was to add a new combo for those finish sounds NC here is fine
- 00:37:974 (1) - remove new combo and add one on 00:37:513 (5) - ? I don't quite get the comboing at this part but this would look better imo
- 00:57:127 (4,5) - This has super weird flow because of the awkward movement between (4) and (5). I think the entire pattern was only meant to look good aesthetically, try to see if you can make this flow and play better i'm sure it's what i wanna make - an "anti-direction jump" to force player "move back fiercely like a spring
- 01:00:993 (9) - Super surprising I can't hear anything at this point at all why add this ? It's confusing and doesn't add anything to the map when i tested it not only one player said " it would be more smooth if here is a triplet"
- 01:27:358 (3) - add a new combo on this to stay consistent in your comboing on that stream - you added a new combo for each new guitar note actually i add new combo on each stream-speed change or 8 / 16:>
- 01:44:666 (7,8) - awkward flow maybe flip (3) horizontally it's also a "spring pattern" like i mentioned above
- 01:48:358 (6) - kinda hidden under 01:47:666 (3) - i can confirm that because of the AR it won't be overlapped :>
- 01:50:204 (6,7,8) - That was cool and it DOES fit but why not make (8) a 3/4 slider too fine
- 01:58:051 (4) - this makes the transition into the stream awkward because of that added 1/2 that feels weird, make this a circle ? same for 03:15:589 (3) -
about here the beat is 1/1 -> 1/1 -> 1/1 -> 1/2 -> Stream , or X X X x- Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so that the 1/2 slider here is a "upbeat grace note" indeed
- 02:37:051 (1) - For consistency this should be on the upper left of 02:36:820 (6) -
[color=#FF00FF]you know i just wanna make it easier to hit, but not too easy :>
- 02:45:243 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,1) - The stream was quite surprising after the compressed 1/2. Make the beginning kick sliders to make it more intuitive ? i tried but it makes me feel weird since kick slider cannot be "smoothly curved" like stream so the whole pattern turned odd...
- 02:56:897 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1) - I can understand why a stream here but again I propose to turn it into 1/4 sliders to make it emphasize the violin in a more obvious way similar to above, it's not only for beat but also for visual effect
- 03:02:781 (1,2,3) - surprising triple, I'm not even actually sure what it's following just a transition also from test play~
- 03:15:820 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - I don't exactly agree with this huge stream but you've explained me your reasoning and I am ok with it, but make it easier to play D: i reduced the difficulty of this part (and many others) two or three times and if i change it to kick sliders believe me the difficulty will be arised but not reduced. The all visual effect will be broken and i have to remap most of the similar case
- 03:47:204 - the entire slow part is too quiet. The soft sampleset does a good job at lowering volume, but you lowered the volume too much with green lines, I'd recommend making it about
20% cooler10% louder arise the volumn here
- 04:58:223 (5) - very surprising I think it'd be better to remove this remove and remake here
03:38:897 (4,5,6,7,1) - this was cool
call me back when you're done
sorry it took me so long X_X
Sync wrote:recheck time
01:07:512 (2) - should add a new combo here lol fixed~
03:15:127 (1) - remove new combo like you did at 01:56:435 (1) (I like it without the new combo better but do whatever you want ww) yep no new combo is better~
06:20:088 (1) - this note needs to be moved to 06:20:204 instead -- as you can hear, the instruments and heav(ier) percussion are on this beat. (this is the only issue left) ahh i forgot it, fixed~~