forum

a question about local offset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yoyomster
Hi everyone,

While you can the change universal offset with the offset wizard, you can also change the local offset of a specific map with the + and - keys during playing.
In the results screen you can view "hit error" and "unstable rate" info by hovering your mouse over your accuracy rate.

Suppose my hit error is -12ms +40ms.
Is this an indication i have to change the local offset of the map or does it only mean i'm hitting the circles too late?
silmarilen
both
if you're hitting too late it obviously means you have to change your offset (-12 ~ +40 is the worst hit error i've ever seen tho holy shit)
Jagermeiser

silmarilen wrote:

both
if you're hitting too late it obviously means you have to change your offset (-12 ~ +40 is the worst hit error i've ever seen tho holy shit)
what

my average offset is like +-18 ms, and it feels like I'm following the rhythm
silmarilen
40 > 18 right?
Wishy
Thing is you usually get similar - and + numbers, if you're getting -10 +40 then you're probably having some big issues with offset. (I guess...)
Topic Starter
yoyomster
Wow, that was fast! (great community :) )
Thanks, that's what i wanted to know.
Lybydose
Changing universal offset is opposite though.

If you're getting -12 to +40 on only one map, that means you need to use + offset on that specific map. Maybe around +14?
If you're getting -12 to +40 on EVERY map, that means you need to change universal offset, but use the opposite of what you used for the map specific, so -14 instead.
GoldenWolf

silmarilen wrote:

-12 ~ +40 is the worst hit error i've ever seen tho holy shit
TakuMii
That number only shows the range of your hits/misses. If you're really inaccurate, it won't be an accurate way of calculating what universal offset to use.
Personally, I'd leave offset at 0 unless you can feel that it really is off, and change it slowly until you find the 'sweetspot' where you can achieve better accuracy.
Winshley

Lybydose wrote:

Changing universal offset is opposite though.

If you're getting -12 to +40 on only one map, that means you need to use + offset on that specific map. Maybe around +14?
If you're getting -12 to +40 on EVERY map, that means you need to change universal offset, but use the opposite of what you used for the map specific, so -14 instead.
Pretty much this. I played around the offset thing very often just to get more SSes on old maps.
buny
i always played with my offset and got the same error range

idk
boat
I only add -10 when playing taiko DT+HD if the SV is really high because I know I'll be hitting too late.

Although, should I be adding +10 instead? I'm confuzzled.
Winshley

boat wrote:

I only add -10 when playing taiko DT+HD if the SV is really high because I know I'll be hitting too late.

Although, should I be adding +10 instead? I'm confuzzled.
+10 as Local Offset, or -10 as Universal Offset.
Purple
Failing streams (hitting too slow or too quick) will inflate your hit error.
boat

Winshley wrote:

+10 as Local Offset, or -10 as Universal Offset.
That's weird because -10 has always worked the way I wanted it to. Oh well .<.
buny

Purple wrote:

Failing streams (hitting too slow or too quick) will inflate your hit error.
failing taps will also affect your hit error too

hell, hitting anything that's not on time will affect your hit error.