forum

[Archived] Sound levels change automatically.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ror-
Explain the issue you are having:

I am using a g35 headset, and when I am playing osu, the sound level randomly changes (lowers and then rises by itself). I had this problem before but i completely forgot how I fixed it. I have tried changing the device settings. (turning off/on "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and disabling/enabling all enhancements) The only culprit I have found is the g35's virtual 7.1 surround sound, this only happens when its turned on, and i refuse to turn it off because it sounds so much better. Any ideas?
Full Tablet
Do you notice any pattern with the songs that makes it sound with bad volume? (Amount of channels, channel asymmetry, etc...)
zinckingeye
play the songs in mediaplayer with same volume settings as in osu and set system volume at 100%. if still adjusting, the problem maybe is your audio driver software that can adjust the vol. what is your audio driver and its application?
Nekoroll
I also use a G35 and had this issue pop up in the past few months and just now got around to fixing the problem. All I did was uninstall the Logitech G35 drivers and installed an older version. Apparently something with the new version (I think it's the All-In-One driver utility that Logitech made to handle all of their products at once) botched something with the G35's ability to handle overlapping audio.

Anyway, I took the links from this Logitech support thread, uninstalled my old drivers and installed the older ones and now osu!'s audio isn't fluctuating like it has been for a while. :)

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Headphones-Headsets-Microphones/Need-old-G35-drivers-please/td-p/706810