forum

Accuracy - how 2 do HD

posted
Total Posts
show more
winber1
why do you care about 1 100. stop caring and you will learn how to live life. unless that makes you get like 95% accuracy or lower, it shouldn't really matter that much
Aqo

Soarezi wrote:

play hd
this helps
maal

CXu wrote:

Idk, learn to read note-fadeout as approach circles.
This.
darkmiz
I can't play AR 10 maps without Hidden
Wishy
I still wonder why there are some players that JUST CAN'T do Hidden, I still remember Flute on his best moments when he was one of the best HR and DT players (not the best because of Cookiezi but he probably was #2) yet he couldn't play Hidden AT ALL, meaning he would have a hard time getting HD FCs on easy insanes. Why does that happen?
CXu
What, Flute was probably best at hr at some point (as in, before cookiezi became proer).
Wishy
Maybe, but not sure, I think at that time Cookiezi was starting to play impossible DTs so he didn't really play HR, not sure tho, but yeah still Flute couldn't play HD at all, as in failing to FC your average easy to SS insane.
Tanzklaue

Wishy wrote:

Maybe, but not sure, I think at that time Cookiezi was starting to play impossible DTs so he didn't really play HR, not sure tho, but yeah still Flute couldn't play HD at all, as in failing to FC your average easy to SS insane.
"at that time" was 2010, and back in 2010 cookiezi mainly did HD HR scores that were widely considered impossible that now many people can do.

kinda like he does DT today.

and Flute was better at HR alone than anyone else for quite some time, he still has some HR only scores where others even today struggle with it.
Purple
Where can you get those graphs that are used to prove cheating? I figure they might be helpful for comparing hideden to non-hidden runs.

Also, I got a huge skillboost in hidden when I made my followpoints transparent (I got way too used to them). Maybe Flute had this problem too?
Ohrami
How could you get better at Hidden without followpoints instead of worse
what
boat

PortalLife wrote:

You're probably reading this ready to post "focus on song/music" But that really doesn't help me. :/
This is not true. You just seemingly can't read rhytm by what's audible rather than visual. Practice this and you'll get better.

If your aim is perfect, always tap to the music and you wont get 100s regardless of the mods you're using. Hidden is one of those free multiplier mods for those who can read it, in every gamemode. It doesn't actually make anything harder to hit, it's just that some of you people are too reliant on the visuals.
Winshley
Play without HD and try to listen to the music/hitsound. Once you got to the rhythm, play with HD and focus more on the music/hitsound. This might be hard at first, but it should get easier once you got used to this.

Or this:

CXu wrote:

Wishy

Tanzklaue wrote:

Wishy wrote:

"at that time" was 2010, and back in 2010 cookiezi mainly did HD HR scores that were widely considered impossible that now many people can do.

kinda like he does DT today.

and Flute was better at HR alone than anyone else for quite some time, he still has some HR only scores where others even today struggle with it.
Nah I'm talking about the times when Flute did sick scores like Deep Space HR, Cookiezi was already doing quite sick DTs already like Itoshi Kimi wo Mitsuke ni, it was like mid/late 2011.
Claire_old_1

Enjoy The Music (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) ♫・*:.。. .。.:*・
Almost
Don't look at approach circles.
Kurangceret
I have the same problem as the OP...
Zakdawg
I just have bad accuracy in general... OD 9 & 10 are too tough for me.
Topic Starter
Lapis-

CXu wrote:

this has been the most helpful piece of advice I've gotten from this thread

after I made this thread I finally got 95% on a insane HD HR, which was quite a nice improvement compared to my norm

so this has helped.

Thanks people
darkmiz
hidden is way easier than hardrock
Kurangceret

darkmiz wrote:

For me it's the opposite :o
Rokk

darkmiz wrote:

Depends on the song, and also differs by person.
Tshemmp

Kurangceret wrote:

darkmiz wrote:

For me it's the opposite :o
Yeah, same here. ;w;

The thing is, when I miss with HR it's because I am too bad. When I miss with HD it's because I am too stupid. It is really frustrating to play with HD.
lolcubes

Wishy wrote:

I still wonder why there are some players that JUST CAN'T do Hidden, I still remember Flute on his best moments when he was one of the best HR and DT players (not the best because of Cookiezi but he probably was #2) yet he couldn't play Hidden AT ALL, meaning he would have a hard time getting HD FCs on easy insanes. Why does that happen?
I don't know about other people, but I struggle with hidden myself. The reason is that I got used to the approach circles being the main thing I read when playing, instead of circles themselves. Quite a tedious habit to have.

As for on topic, a lot of good accuracy players say that memorizing how the map sounds is one of the best methods for accuracy with HD (and HDHR), and I tend to agree with this. I don't look for notes and how much they fade to hit them, I just listen how the map sounds and have a general image of when I should hit stuff ahead of time, and just use the fade-ins to locate the objects I need to click.

I am still a damn terrible HD player.
Sup A Noob

darkmiz wrote:

Oh man, you should've imagined my face when I realised my country's best HRDT player can't play HD.

HD is just a matter of playing to the music. Once you get used to it, it's all instincts. And eventually it turns out to be a brilliant way to test maps for playability.
Almost
People who fail at hidden general tend to do so because of looking at approach circles too much and playing without hidden for way too long. If you start playing hidden very early on, this doesn't really become an issue though.
Dumie
i think it all comes down to intuition and the rhythem. I usually play the song with no mods first so I can notice the hidden circles, then I go back to hidden and play it over and over 0.0
Naikaze

CXu wrote:

Basically this, for me at least.
Synchrostar
Hidden for me is like nomod without approach circles
so i have to listen to the music
Starry-
In terms of accuracy, listen to the music and the hitsounds. Even slider end hitsounds (I find them to be most useful). Accuracy pretty much increases with time otherwise; play a variety of different maps I guess.

But in terms of reading Hidden (on lower ar), I don't have a clue.
Iluya

darkmiz wrote:

^this is not entirely true! There are patterns you have to memorize or you will fail them HD.
It is a skill to be able to play AR10, OD9 at high Acc and so is it a skill to play HD (on a certain AR).
If you have mastered the skills to do either it isnt that much of a difference. But it is true that more ppl find the skills required for hidden less hard to learn than the ones for HR. Main reason for this is, imo, that it is much harder to gain reaction time than to get a feeling for the timing and read without App Circles.

I think the difficulty of HD varys more than others on the type of human you are. For HR you mainly need reaction time. That can be slowly trained, but in the end it is the same for everyone. Other with the HD: It really depends on which senses you focus more: eyes or ears.

CXu wrote:

As a visual type: For every other AR i have to play the map at least for some notes to get used to the delay between appearing of the circle and the hit. It is an automatic process to memorize the hit to the time.. Basically you are adjusting an "internal offset", between "i see the note" and "i have to click". That is pure practise. Later you see the note fading as approach circle ^^

As an audio type: Basically just hit, when the music/the previous rythem gives you the hint to do it! <- I think that type has lesser problems with HD at all

What *can* be helpful to get better HD Acc at all is:
- Maybe get another Hitsounds for your skin. One that is more direct and louder in general! You can hear the rythms better.
- Get a Skin where the hitcircle is partly more transparent. I dont know if that is considered "bad behaviour", but you will less likely miss notes/seeing notes too late that are hidden behind other objects.
Dexus
Use a proper audio offset

Play it more

Practice using easy mod so you learn not to use the approach circles to read

Take it easy and build your way up. This applies to every aspect of this game if you want to improve. Nobody is really a natural at this kind of stuff. Everyone has had to hit a learning curve in this game (a lot still learn things every day).
Topic Starter
Lapis-
You can stop posting here, I obtained my first HD HR SS recently, my skills have improved!