forum

Do your hands go numb?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Laly
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering about this~ Whenever I play osu! and use my tablet my hand starts getting numb after awhile. I'm thinking it's because I'm resting my wrist on the tablet and that cuts off the circulation.

Does this happens to you guys? What do you guys do to avoid it?
Hika
How small is your area?
Topic Starter
Laly
I'm using an intuos 5 medium.
(380 x 251 x 12 mm)

I mapped it like this:
Hika
That's probably why your hands get numb. Naturally, if you don't move your wrists enough while you play, it can cause carpal tunnel. Well, that happened in my situation so you should consider changing it.
Topic Starter
Laly
Thanks for the advice and the warning. Although I don't think I'll do as well as I do with the tablet, I think I'll switch over to a mouse for awhile when playing osu. ^^
FrzR
Sometimes my fingers go numb when things around me gets colder. Especially nights. Cold hands have slower response. >.<
UnderminE
my shoulders get numb after playing too much taiko ;_;
boat

UnderminE wrote:

This, as well as numb fingertips, sore wrists and breaking nails on a daily basis.
Ekaru
My hands rarely go numb. When they do it's usually because I was lying on my wrist while I slept or something like that. That or it's fucking cold, but that's a different kind of numbness. And yes, this includes when I play the same game for hours on end. No issues. I can use a mouse, I can use a keyboard, I can use some weird controller. Still no issues.
Claire_old_1
my finger go numb at stream part, especially +20 notes 190bpm+
Naikaze

Fr33z3R wrote:

Sometimes my fingers go numb when things around me gets colder. Especially nights. Cold hands have slower response. >.<
says freezer Easier to control though. Imo.

Btw I use small area too but my hands never go numb..
VoidnOwO
:oops:
silmarilen
maybe put something soft under your wrist like a towel or a piece of cloth
also take frequent breaks to give your hand some rest
Jeroen Mathon
Try Shaking your hands in the breaks of the song's it really helps.
As long as you don't forget to do it every time otherwise it goes numb again.
silmarilen

Jeroen Mathon wrote:

Try Shaking your hands in the breaks of the song's it really helps.
As long as you don't forget to do it every time otherwise it goes numb again.
its funny because the dutch wikipedia says thats one of the symptoms of carpal tunnel (wanting to shake your hand to make it stop)
UnderminE

boat wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

This, as well as numb fingertips, sore wrists and breaking nails on a daily basis.
How to play with long nails, i can't even stream and end up breaking them
Ephemeral
you're compressing your medial nerve if your hand goes numb often - can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome and a whole slew of other neuropathic issues related to sensations in your arm if you leave it untreated. get an oppai mousepad or some other wrist rest.
boat

UnderminE wrote:

How to play with long nails, i can't even stream and end up breaking them
Life is hard for the fashionable taiko drum master.
silmarilen
my left index finger and middle finger nails are always cut short because of that
Jeroen Mathon
That's indeed funny.