forum

Single-tap vs Alternate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sephibro
Which one do you prefer? When do you prefer one over the other and why?

Personally, I always alternate because i've been used to it since i've played lots of Guitar Hero and Frets on Fire, but i feel that sometimes single tapping would be better.
Jordan
Alternate ftw
Flanster
I alternate 95% of the time, the only way I'll singletap something is low BPM streams or high BPM multiple circle note chain.
Pizzicato
idk if it's just me, but my reading is better when i'm singletapping
usa
As someone who switched to full-time alternating a week ago, alternating is a lot easier to play with for higher bpm and AR. Also easier to acc for me, and stopped the nerve pains in my singletapping finger..
Only problem for me is low AR/bpm song hhehehe
Oinari-sama
Also see this topic t/121036
Soarezi
If you have strong fingers and good stamina, you should consider singletapping. It's far cooler than alternating, sure at start alternating is hard but after a week or even less itll be far easier than gaining stamina for fast singletapping. I prefer singletapping myself regardless of bpm.
Joof

Pizzicato wrote:

idk if it's just me, but my reading is better when i'm singletapping
This.
sCam
i do the half ass alternating zxzxzxzxzxxxzzxzxzxzxzx

trying to learn single tapping since begining of this month or ending of last month. can't do fast patterns single tapping yet D: or jumps.
VoidnOwO
:)
Sup A Noob

sCam wrote:

zxzxzxzxzxxxzzxzxzxzxzx
Liut

BRBP wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

If you have strong fingers and good stamina, you should consider singletapping.
Name one goodfast singletapper who uses his finger (like alternating with just one key) instead of arm/wrist.
Keigoclear is a pretty good player that does not use wirst to singletap, but yeah he's totally not one of the best singletapper
Yoeri
I can't do big jumps while alternating, so it really depends on the map.
Dekonare
I singletap almost everything. I suck at alternating.
djjsixpack
I alternate 1/2 on any map above 225 bpm unless there aren't that many singles. I am not quite fast enough to do it yet.
I alternate 1/4 if the bpm isn't below 110.

I also alternate sliders always.

And yeah.
Raging Bull
single tap circles, alternate on consecutive sliders. Idk why.

(4 notes, 5 sliders, 2 circles = xxxx xzxzx xx)
Starry-
I always alternate sliders and notes after sliders. Although playing patterns alternating (Below 260bpm) usually results in lower accuracy than if I was to single tap them.

So really, I do a mix of both. ^^
wokalek
Alternate every note, so think this side for me.
Mahogany
I do both

Beat that
Deva

Mahogany wrote:

I do both

Beat that
I can alternate with index/middle finger and middle/ring finger and single tap with every finger on both hands.

Beat that
Yuudachi-kun
I alternated a map once.
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

I do both

Beat that
I can alternate with index/middle finger and middle/ring finger and single tap with every finger on both hands.

Beat that
ok u win ):
Deva

Mahogany wrote:

ok u win ):
Thats cool and all but i think we both know that this time khelly is the real winner.
Mahogany
ye
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

ok u win ):
Thats cool and all but i think we both know that this time khelly is the real winner.
I HAVE PROOF

Deva
Teach me senpai
Rosten
I always get better accuracy when I single-tap.

Sooooooo...

Single-tap when I can be arsed to do it, although sometimes I fuck up and forget to switch to alternating with streams

Source: Tried to single-tap streams in Negastrife did not go well.
_handholding
It took me a while to figure out that the sound when you break your combo was part of of your skin and not my inner voice
Yuudachi-kun

Kisses wrote:

It took me a while to figure out that the sound when you break your combo was part of of your skin and not my inner voice
Is that me you're talking to.

Miss sound is azer
Mahogany
My miss sound is Shia Lebouf
Rosten

Mahogany wrote:

My miss sound is Shia Lebouf
I need this miss sound
show more