primrose
TAG4 maps and Chocobo (Gold)?
RLC
val0108's [My Art] on Scarlet Rose is obviously the hardest map ever
even tom's diffcalc agrees
Kanye West

Awoken- wrote:

TAG4 maps and Chocobo (Gold)?
Chocobo, while really hard, has been SS'd multiple times. Wouldn't be close to one of the hardest.
GoldenWolf

RLC wrote:

val0108's [My Art] on Scarlet Rose is obviously the hardest map ever
even tom's diffcalc agrees
According to tom's diffcalc, hardest map would be Radio Free Zerg - High Templar

Aqo

GoldenWolf wrote:

According to tom's diffcalc, hardest map would be Radio Free Zerg - High Templar
On the normal version of the calc that is locked at difficulty 9000, all of those are paired. But on the version without the limiter, lewatuuba wins with an outstanding difficulty level that cuts through skies with the power of a thousand suns.

Lewa is a sexy monster, you know this.
Distant years
i bet a lot more people can pass most of the maps posted here than people who can pass freedom dive

there we have it
Naikaze
I doubt that

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/66350 The extra diff found in the forum
Sachi_old_1
scarlet rose and big black O_O :shock:
Tom94

Aqo wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

On the normal version of the calc that is locked at difficulty 9000, all of those are paired. But on the version without the limiter, lewatuuba wins with an outstanding difficulty level that cuts through skies with the power of a thousand suns.

Lewa is a sexy monster, you know this.
Top-tip: ctrl+c copies difficulty info into your clipboard. And this is not capped by anything, only the GUI display is. (Despite all diffs over 9000 getting displayed the same way they are still sorted correctly.)
Jenny
8441able, definitely
because snapping is relatively easy and keeping a consistent flow at superhigh pace is just way harder
once you're out, you're out - pattern and game

*poofs*
jesse1412

Feel The Wind wrote:

Ok I don't even get this one, people consider scarlet rose hard at all?
Aqo

jesus1412 wrote:

It seems like there's a correlation between when people first discover BPM sorting and between when they discover this thread.
buny
scarlet rose hard
Kanye West

jesus1412 wrote:

Feel The Wind wrote:

If you can singletap 320 bpm, it's not hard. If you can't, it's hard.
buny
alternate master race
Wishy
Even by alternating it's not that hard. I feel it's the easiest one of all those high BPM single tap maps.

Except for the last part there it gets harder.
Kanye West

Wishy wrote:

Even by alternating it's not that hard.
Yay for having zero coordination!
Wishy
It's like streaming low BPM. :((
Tanzklaue
passing scarlet rose: relatively easy, heck, even I nearly did that.

doing it with an acceptable accuracy: hard.

fcing it (bonus points for good acc): have fun, it will take you a while.
buny
nearly everyone i know that can alternate gets 95% acc every run
lkjl23

Wishy wrote:

Even by alternating it's not that hard. I feel it's the easiest one of all those high BPM single tap maps.

Except for the last part there it gets harder.

Yeah it's easy to have 97-98% up until the ending part. Usually kills me to 95-96%.
-Selentia
If we're comparing the amount of S/SS's on the maps, Cry For Eternity may be one, since White Wolf and Cookiezi were the only people to achieve an S for the map.
Streams that require finger dexterity, smaller hit circles require high cursor accuracy, and the song itself is long enough (lasting around 8 minutes).
One of the hardest songs to S.
theowest

AkoSuminoe wrote:

If we're comparing the amount of S/SS's on the maps, Cry For Eternity may be one, since White Wolf and Cookiezi were the only people to achieve an S for the map.
Streams that require finger dexterity, smaller hit circles require high cursor accuracy, and the song itself is long enough (lasting around 8 minutes).
One of the hardest songs to S.
considering when they fc'd them, no. Far from the hardest beatmaps.
-Selentia
Literally if we don't include the TAG4 maps, and regardless of when/how many players FC'ed it, 4d is the hardest in my opinion. Cookiezi was the only person to FC it without a difficulty reduction mod, where else everyone else below him who FCed mostly used a Half Time mod.
You can't deny the fact that it is so stamina draining.
lolcubes
It's actually a lot harder to aim those streams at the end than to keep your stamina up to par.
Trust me on this one. ;_;
Icyteru
exactly. streaming 222bpm continuously isn't that hard once you hit that level, which is about most of top 1000 or 500 in pp i bet. it's the spacing of the streams that fails almost everyone
Jacqli
I think Rapid jump is the hardest thing.. it's very hard to get that `-`
Loves
Any beatmap with big spaced 200+ streams and fast start patterns is a hard for anyone :3
-Selentia

[AirCoN] wrote:

exactly. streaming 222bpm continuously isn't that hard once you hit that level, which is about most of top 1000 or 500 in pp i bet. it's the spacing of the streams that fails almost everyone
True... The stream spacing is wider in the last section of 4d when you have to literally accelerate the speed of your cursor
buny
i find the streams that twist and sharp bends to be harder than those spaced ones
Shadow
Looked thought most of the thread, but I'm kinda surprised no one mentioned Savage Garden - I Want You

This is candidate one of the hardest maps, in my opinion. (which just a handful of full combo's)

Another one worth mentioning is a Kirby Mix, being quite old still only has 1 FC.

Basshunter - Ievan Polkka Trance Remix
Wishy

[AirCoN] wrote:

1- pp is shit.

2- Most people can't stream 222 BPM.

3- Even between those who can, most have not enough stamina to do it through the whole map.

4- Even between those who can endure that intensive streaming, most can't follow those streams properly.

That's how it is. :p

Shadow:

Both those maps are very old and use a style that most people now don't really play at all (old maps = few plays too). I Want You = very low AR and non-sense jumps, Ievan Polkka is nicely mapped yet again it uses a low AR (was it 7?). That Kirby's map in fact has no FC, White Wolf got a slider break iirc. They are all old scores anyways I'm quite sure top players can FC that map if they practice it long enough, which is not possible on maps like Freedom Dive, Kokou no Sousei or Atama (imo). Nevertheless yeah they are very hard ones.
buny
hard to fc doesn't necessarily mean it's hard overall
Tanzklaue

buny wrote:

hard to fc doesn't necessarily mean it's hard overall
if the map is easy to pass, but hard to fc, then it means that the difficultysettings are ridiculously low (AngeHoney does that often). or that there are some nasty patterns that are hard to fc, in which this statement is true.
Wishy
Both those maps have pretty much some nasty patterns that are just very hard to hit even while the rest of the map is quite doable.
Rokk
So why is Lemon Tree seen as such a hard map? It doesn't seem all that hard. Granted, I probably couldn't pass it, but it doesn't seem as "impossible" as people make it out to be.

My vote for hardest map still goes out to awp's extra Impossibly Intense diff in Shotgun Symphony. Someone finally SS'd it a month ago with EZ mod.
buny
they're talking about the unranked lemon tree
Rokk
Which one? There's so many.
Tanzklaue
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/57878# I guess this is the reupload of the map
theowest
they're not even playable.. why mention them.
show more