forum

Hardest Beatmap Ever

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tanzklaue

silmarilen wrote:

i dont consider shoushitsu a proper map
in comparison to big money, it is a good map.
Aqo

Tanzklaue wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

the other way around

at least big money has good timing and looks aesthetic
Wishy

silmarilen wrote:

As long as it's playable and follows the music it indeed is, that's my criteria at least.
buny
Aqo said so, so it must be true guise
she_old
All hail Aqo our new osu! overlord
Dianshiro
Hatsune Miku - Atama no taishou
it's really hard osu! beatmap i think. :)
buny

Tanzklaue wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

so easy maps = good maps

#logic
Purple
I think Val's 0108 difficulty for Gotsa Terrify is the hardest map out there, even more so than Big Money. My reasoning is that Big Money is restricted to extremely fast people (i.e. notashy, niko, TTTL) while Gotsa Terrify is not. Gotsa Terrify proves to be hard as hell at only 200BPM (granted it has 1/4 slider jumps which probably increases its BPM requirement to 230 or so)

Man fuck speedcore. This game's hardest difficulties should be dominated by extreme metal music.
Aqo
stahp guys

What's "hard" for you anyway? Hard to pass? Hard to FC? Hard to SS? Hard to SS consistently on high OD? Since all of those are very different.

If you go by difficulty-to-SS-on-OD10 (compared to difficulty-to-pass which is entirely dependent on the HP that the mapper chose or difficulty-to-FC which is again purely dependent on the OD setting that the mapper chose) then here is a rough map difficulty spread for a bunch of maps regardless of how good or shitty they are:

If you want to test that this difficulty spread is correct without trying to SS every single map on HR, try editing them to HP7 and OD9 and playing like that. A map like Slotcore might be easy to pass in its default settings since it's only HP3 but that does not make it an easy map at all.

I'm also going to mark the ranked maps on this list in red.

001 U.NKnown Goose (Nakagawa)
002 G-Garden (Nafar)
003 Shoushitsu (Chocopikel)
004 Gotsta Terrify (val0108)
005 L'erisia (AngelHoney)
006 Big Money (Blue Dragon)
007 Freedom Dive (Nakagawa)
008 Shuffle Heaven Frantic (AngelHoney)
009 Eighto0815 (Nafar)
010 Kuraki Sekai no Doukoku (Saten)

011 Terrible Beat (Aqo) why is this even included. oh well I said shitty maps count too
012 Fatal Moment 8441 (Jenny)
013 Slugger 250 (Zapy)
014 Rainbow Dash (ztrot)
015 Dreadnought (Ar3sgice)
016 Slotcore (Zapy)
017 Eighto490 (Aqo)
018 Sacrifice Death (Saten)
019 Atama Nogard (Blue Dragon)
020 Big Black (Blue Dragon)

021 The Creator Nyaten (Saten)
022 Chipscape (Shiirn)
023 Ma'ji'ki'ti'girl (caren_sk)
024 Nisemono Death Collab (Star Stream + winber1)
025 Lolita Complex Death Collab (Star Stream + winber1)
026 Kamui SHD (7odoa)
027 Assailant in the Night (Saten)
028 Ascension to Heaven Extreme (Zapy)
029 Fantazindy (7odoa)
030 Electric Love t+pazolite (Zapy)

031 Koisuru Uchu Ryu* (Star Stream)
032 Dragonforce Fallen World (Jenny)
033 Holy Orders Sin (Deif)
034 U.NKnown Goose (val0108)
035 deltaMAX Unexpected (Sprosive)
036 MATZcore Lolicore (_LRJ_)
037 Pluto (7odoa)
038 Kyouki Chinden (Saten)
039 Holy Orders (LKs)
040 Atama 0108 (val0108)

041 Red Goose Superable (Nold)
042 Holy Shit it's Airman (Blue Dragon)
043 Atama Lucifer x 0108 (...)
044 Ureshii (Silynn)
045 Kalafina Magia (caren_sk)
046 Shibayan Shock (7odoa)
047 Singing Rabbit CRN (caren_sk)
048 Forgotten grumd (grumd)
049 Hysteric Soda (Silynn)
050 Comme Ci Comme Ca (Aqo)

051 Setsuna Trip Lauriextra (Laurier)
052 Hurting for a Very Hurtful Pain BTM (tutuhaha)
053 Forgotten (Blue Dragon)
054 Foughten Field (Aqo)
055 Dragonforce Cry for Eternity (Lesjuh)
056 Mad Machine (Louis Cyphre)
057 Nippon Egao Hyakkei pocotan remix (caren_sk)
058 lieselotte Insane (rrtyui)
059 rog-unlimitation (AngelHoney)
060 Scream as Hard as You Can (DoKoLP)

061 Xelia Illumiscape Extra (LKs)
062 Koisuru Uchu Ryu* (DoKoLP)
063 Hare Nochi Sunday (Laurier)
064 Awake Supernova (DoKoLP)
065 EX-Termination (Jenny)
066 YuYu Metal (DoKoLP)
067 Nuclear Fusion Atomic (Louis Cyphre)
068 Mythologia's End (val0108)
069 Rainbow Tylenol Hell (Blue Dragon)
070 Taketori Hishou Moonatic (Wishy)

071 Feel Better Nogard (Blue Dragon)
072 NH22 Corrosion (Maddy)
073 Ohigan FuzzyClap Prankster (val0108)
074 Time files Another (gowww)
075 Made of Fire Oni (Lesjuh)
076 BRZion Ancient Memories (Zapy)
077 Kirby Mix Compilation Deluxe (!!!)
078 Bring Me the Horizon Comedown (Louis Cyphre)
079 yambabom Over my head (Zapy)
080 Senketsu no Chikai Insanity (Saten)

081 Through the Fire and Flames (Lesjuh)
082 Oath of Kings (DoKoLP)
083 paraoka boot Shoe (rickyboi)
084 TU4AR Nogard (Blue Dragon)
085 Kokou no Sousei Chaos (Saten)

85 maps should be enough, now lock this thread.
she_old
aqo pls, big money #2, shoushitsu #1
Aqo
Yeah I'd love to see you SS U.NKnown Goose on OD10.
Big Money isn't even that hard ever since BD nerfed it recently. All in relative speaking of course.
Mismagius

Tanzklaue wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

this guy knows what he's talking about

so unreadable fullscreen jumps at AR9 are much better than jumps that do actually make sense but are too hard and AR10

ok
she_old

Aqo wrote:

Yeah I'd love to see you SS U.NKnown Goose on OD10.
Big Money isn't even that hard ever since BD nerfed it recently. All in relative speaking of course.
I'd love to see myself ss shoushitsu too
MillhioreF
Shoushitsu is completely readable (for me) but it just makes absolutely no sense. 120 bpm 1/4 across the width of the screen isn't fun or playable, it's just stupid.
she_old
not fun for people like you yea
Aqo

Blue Dragon wrote:

AR
btw BD AR10 is still too low for Big Money (if you go by average object/pattern stack levels that are acceptable in most maps). Mind adding an AR10.3 version to your upload? (the same way caren_sk give a choice between AR9 and AR10)

02:13:265 (5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - this is pretty much the hardest part on Big Money, purely because of the AR. Higher AR makes this much more readable. (alternatively just remap this part, and then you can actually go for rank... oh no what am I saying)
buny

MillhioreF wrote:

Shoushitsu is completely readable (for me) but it just makes absolutely no sense. 120 bpm 1/4 across the width of the screen isn't fun or playable, it's just stupid.
That's your opinion.
Wishy

MillhioreF wrote:

It's a fun hard map, that's all, most maps don't make sense at all and are completely overmapped but then again you'd have to play pure speedcore crap if you wanted to have fun, if everything was properly mapped of course.

Map is fun --> epic map, map is not fun --> shit map. Rest is not relevant, though usually fun maps have a good flow@feeling of the song and make sense overall.

Aqo stop talking crap Big Money is hard not because the AR but because you got to do impossible shit, change it to AR 50000000000 or 1 it will still be hard as fuck.
Aqo

Wishy wrote:

Aqo stop talking crap Big Money is hard not because the AR but because you got to do impossible shit, change it to AR 50000000000 or 1 it will still be hard as fuck.
I'm not saying it's not hard because of the execution in it, I'm saying the AR makes it extra hard. You should already know better; that maps like LKs Flower Dance are harder with AR8 than AR10, because of how much the patterns stack. It's the same thing here.
buny
it's only harder at ar8 because you're used to higher ar
GensokyoAkuma
So much hate for low AR on high BPM songs, wow
It's like some of you guys would like to have just 1 circle at a time appear on your screens.

Just have fun, and stop complaining about low AR's and saying things like "OMG THIS MAP SHOULD HAVE AR 10.3 INSTEAD OF 9 BECUZ THE BPM IS 231 AND THE SLIDERS APPEAR TOO SLOW AND I CANT FOLLOW OMGZ MAKE GAME EASIER PLS.

It's all just a matter of practise
Wishy

buny wrote:

it's only harder at ar8 because you're used to higher ar
^That.

Even if it was "easier" on AR 11, I can't see shit with that AR on any map so it will be harder for me.
Tanzklaue
that moment when I agree wholeheartidly with wishy.

it really is the worlds end, it seems.
GoldenWolf

Aqo wrote:

I'm not saying it's not hard because of the execution in it, I'm saying the AR makes it extra hard. You should already know better; that maps like LKs Flower Dance are harder with AR8 than AR10, because of how much the patterns stack. It's the same thing here.
Big Money is readable at AR9. You only need to being able to read more than 5 objects at once on the screen~
Aqo

GoldenWolf wrote:

Big Money is readable at AR9. You only need to being able to read more than 5 objects at once on the screen~
Yup.

Which is a difficulty in itself. This has nothing to do with "being used to an AR". AR8 is friggin easy for me on <180bpm, even AR7 on most maps except for some monstrosities galvenize created like the new gold dust or mission ascii :b
The standard level for nearly all maps that exist for this game is having to read 4 objects up ahead. Anything that is less or more than this means that the map is using a nonstandard AR, either being too easy or too hard, creating an extra "AR difficulty" for the map in question.
Whether you want this or not is up to the mapper, and mods like HR and ES exist to give players the choice. Except this stops working at a bpm like 280. Giving more AR diversity allows more players to enjoy the same map better (and again, at this speed level HR/ES no longer give you the choice since it's already 10...)
GoldenWolf
If you can't read more than 5 objects at once on the screen, then you probably don't have the level required for this map anyway.
Plus the main difficulty of Big Money is the bpm itself and how hard it is to keep the singletap on those jumps, AR is not the issue here.
Aqo

GoldenWolf wrote:

If you can't read more than 5 objects at once on the screen, then you probably don't have the level required for this map anyway.
Plus the main difficulty of Big Money is the bpm itself and how hard it is to keep the singletap on those jumps, AR is not the issue here.
Cookiezi played it relax and the only part he missed on was the part I mentioned as being problematic to read.
He clearly had the speed to play a bunch of much harder and more spaced jumps that the map had in a bunch of other parts, and consistently. The only thing that stopped him from FC is the reading part there.

AR *is* the issue.
Mismagius
Cookiezi told me himself the problem in Big Money is that he can't singletap 280BPM 1/2 consistently, and the jumps would be okay if it was a slightly smaller BPM like 260-270.
Cygnus
Well maybe Cookiezi powers ain't enough for a pot of manehhhhh ~
Aqo

Blue Dragon wrote:

Cookiezi told me himself the problem in Big Money is that he can't singletap 280BPM 1/2 consistently, and the jumps would be okay if it was a slightly smaller BPM like 260-270.
That's the reason he has many miss in a regular play compared to a relax play, it's not related to the fact he missed on that pattern with relax. Having trouble with singletap doesn't make you aim-miss. Obviously the map is also hard as hell to play physically; I just pointed out one part in it that has an unreadable pattern.
GoldenWolf
I'm sure AR isn't an issue for him lol
Like I said, Big Money is still readable at AR9, even the "unreadable pattern".
Seriously if I can read it, any good player can.
Macacito
[Luanny]

Macacito wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/59167
nobody passes it
I will regret downloading this map
Maraiga
Macacito's "maps" cough cough.
Good luck Lu <3 ):
Wishy

Tanzklaue wrote:

that moment when I agree wholeheartidly with wishy.

it really is the worlds end, it seems.
The fact that you're right means yeah world's gonna end soon, first time you're not disagreeing with something that is clearly right.

Aqo wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

Cookiezi played it relax and the only part he missed on was the part I mentioned as being problematic to read.
He clearly had the speed to play a bunch of much harder and more spaced jumps that the map had in a bunch of other parts, and consistently. The only thing that stopped him from FC is the reading part there.

AR *is* the issue.
Which is why Cookiezi got like a x5 miss play on Relax@Big Money, single tapping is the problem and I can confirm what BD said.
GoldenWolf
He got a 1x miss run on relax iirc
Wishy
Really? The day he got the map he did like x5 or x7 miss on relax iirc didn't know he tried again.

But x1 miss...

MillhioreF
He tried again just today. p/1993899
Wishy
Oh I see, what I watched was before the hard part got nerfed. :c
lolcubes

Macacito wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/59167
nobody passes it

o_o
show more