forum

Tell me what skin you are using and why.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Fenek Alfa
1. Name of skin : Fennecium beta 0.8
2. Creator : Fenek Alfa
3. It's original or skin mix? : Both("borrowed" hitsounds and fonts, rest made by me)
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It feels nice and it makes everything clear, no matter the pattern.
5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Clarity.
6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1024x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Not gameplay-intrusive eye-candy.

That beta there isn't just a pun, it's kinda unfinished but I can't do much until the template gets updated.
SPOILER
puu.sh/2Sd67/6d096aea78.zip
XPJ38
osu! Standard

1. Name of skin : CustomXPJ_old (old because old template)
2. Creator : myself
3. Original / skin mix? : Mix (mostly based on PJMS' skin for effectiveness, aka osu!stream skin) with 2 or 3 original things
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It's easy to read, not cluttered and it's quite modern. It is adapted to my needs: no 300s; 100s and 50s from the old original template skin because they are big and help me to determine my accuracy during long streams; big score numbers to quickly see my score and acc (btw that's why I can't use the new default skin, the numbers are way too small for me); and the last bar of my spinner-meter is green because I am so focused on the center of the spinner while spinning I can't focus on spinner-clear, so the green bar tells me if I have finished the spinner. Besides, scorebar-kis are either green or red for more readability.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : The easy to read part. The skins I use must not be cluttered and rich in details.
6. Resolution of osu! : Fullscreen 1280*800 while playing, windowed mode 1024*768 when idle.
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : To be honest, I don't expect anything, I am already satisfied with my skin.
8. Screenshots / download link : Download link in the bottom of my userpage.
GenKiPS
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Baka Accurate
2. Creator : GraysonnG
3. Original / skin mix? : I changed the original hitcircles to SiLviA's hitcircles, so I guess it's a Skin Mix.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It looks nice, and isn't minimalist.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Being able to see what is going on.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1680x1050
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : A nice mix between eye-candy and clarity. The default osu! skin is a good example of such.
8. Screenshots / download link :
boat
I hope you'll understand this format, as I play both, just mainly taiko.

ST1. Name of skin : boats
ST2. Creator : boat
ST4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Functionality and minor bloat
S5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Less bloat, visual appeal but simplicity as well
T5. What is most the important to you in taiko skins? : Easily distinguishable circles and good contrast between elements
ST6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1024x600 windowed
ST7. What would you like to see in future skins? : All of the above.
ST8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :
G0r
I've always used Kriers' skin, because win. I think we have similar mindsets when it comes to minimalism.

I see there's a format for answering this. I have chosen to ignore this fact.
Thatgooey
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Gooey's Mashup
2. Creator : Me
3. Original / skin mix? : Mixed
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Hit circles are from Renard, and are ultra low res textures for best performance. The skin is very easy to read for hd/hr, which is my main focus. I use Tom94's cursor, because it just feels the most natural for me of all cursors I've tried. I don't play with follow points, because they add too much clutter on the screen and don't really help me that much. Too many extra lights, colors, and dots on the screen. The rest of the visuals are just things I have pulled from a lot of different skins (menu icons, splash screens, ect). Overall, I like that it is very suitable for hd/hr and is focused on aiding player performance.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Minimalistic and performance-based. I don't care for frilly, colorful visuals personally.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : For me, just any cool visuals outside of the playing field. I don't want anything more than has to exist in the field of play. Things like menu icons and other menu visuals is all I would look to change
8. Screenshots / download link : http://puu.sh/2SmmJ
Zakdawg
1. Name of skin : Apricot
2. Creator : Apricot
3. Original / skin mix? : Changed the cursor to the small red / whiteish ball with no tail.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : The circles having only a boarder color, and the small cursor.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : That I can see hidden notes.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1680 / 1024
7. What would you like to see in future skins? :
Silverboxer
primrose

boat wrote:

I hope you'll understand this format, as I play both, just mainly taiko.

ST1. Name of skin : boats
ST2. Creator : boat
ST4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Functionality and minor bloat
S5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Less bloat, visual appeal but simplicity as well
T5. What is most the important to you in taiko skins? : Easily distinguishable circles and good contrast between elements
ST6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1024x600 windowed
ST7. What would you like to see in future skins? : All of the above.
ST8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :
Can you send me your skin @PM? I know this is boatskin revised.
Espy_old_1
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : JMM
2. Creator : Myself?
3. Original / skin mix? : A bit of both. It's mostly based on the cookie- skin, but has a few elements from other skins as well as 2-3 things that I made myself. It's actually a WIP of sorts as I plan on editing it some more in the future.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Looks nice without being too distracting.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Clarity and simplicity, but also visually appealing to an extent.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1280x960 windowed
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More focus on clarity and simplistic designs. Skins that are heavy with visual appeal and eye-candy do look nice, but I personally find them too distracting to play the game properly.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
After 2 weeks I see "a lot" of posts here.

Well, let's wait 2 more weeks, maybe more will come. ^^;
Lapis-
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Portalzi
2. Creator : Myself
3. Original / skin mix? : Skin mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : I just like the way it looks and sounds. The menu sounds sound nice and I just think the elements are visually appealing.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Readability. See-through hit circles make HD so much easier, and hit sounds are also really important.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1440x900
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Not sure really, maybe more interesting design ideas?
8. Screenshots / download link : On my userpage, and heres a youtube video (promotion) of my skin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POPpjg2PyDY (I need to update the link on my userpage)
MacabreLawyer
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : _Glassline HD
2. Creator : matthewrobo
3. Original / skin mix? : Mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Highly visible cursor and hitcircles, because I prefer playing with backgrounds on. Tweakable elements, because I can easily modify the skin's elements easily, without downloading many versions of the skin or waiting for Gimp to start up. HD support, as non-HD skins look like garbage in 1440p.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : High contrast between skin elements without the unnecessary elements like hit300.
6. Resolution of osu! : 2560x1440 in windowed mode
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I enjoy skins with unique sound effects and or appealing visual style (when it doesn't intrude gameplay).
SPOILER
Thread: t/128054/start=0 Screenshot:
Martinawa
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Formal & Simple WO300
2. Creator : Martinawa Hatsuhi (myself)
3. Original / skin mix? : Original, but it was originally part from a skin mix.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Little cursor and simple elements. Better readibility and less beauty things that only make the skin more annoying and difficult to play.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Hitcircle numbers must be very very visible for me. It annoys me to see little and thin numbers that almost I can't see. And I also hate strange fonts for them. Everything very simetrical and schematical.
6. Resolution of osu! : 800x600. I have a full-area tablet, and bc I am so lazy i have a small window instead of a small tablet area.
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Really I'm fine with the work I made with my skin. But always there are changes in skin elements and everything so... Don't know
8. Download link : There are also screenshots in the skin's thread. To see them you can click in my signature.
SPOILER
http://puu.sh/26drs
chelly
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : 677
2. Creator : PikaPika677
3. Original / skin mix? : Skin Mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : For starters, it's something that I put together. The classic osu! default skin was too ugly and hard to play with, so I decided to play using a "performance" skin over "flashy" skins. I started to make my own skin, seeing as I have pretty good experience with photo editing. I failed and gave up skinning altogether, seeing as there were simply too many elements to make. So I stopped skinning and just resorted to using cookiezi's skin, and it went well. Then one day I kinda got bored with his skin, and felt that playing using someone else's skin wasn't really fun. So I went into his folder and modified/replaced a few things to make it more "me-like". Gradually nearly every single element of his skin was removed and replaced with a bunch of other things that I found. That's how I got my current skin.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : The skin has to look nice and clean. Clean is the key. It's okay to be flashy if you keep it small/subtle enough so that it doesn't distract you from gameplay. Hit circles and everything related to them are what I care about the most. Outside of gameplay, feel free to dump your creativity onto the skin.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1366 x 768 widescreen
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Less intruding hitbursts, lighting, etc.
SPOILER
In my signature.
Jackyyy
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Jackyyy 2
2. Creator : Jackyyy
3. Original / skin mix? : Mostly original with several mixed elements
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Combo colours are easy and comfortable to see, sharp hitsounds for making higher accuracy plays easier. bright coloured cursor that can easily be separated from the background, hits and misses can easily be seen from under notes without blocking other notes and also looks clean and simple that doesn't cluster up the screen.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Looks good and doesn't affect playing ability much.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x600
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More unique and cleaners skins.
Aquamarine
Awwh, do I really have to copy/paste? I use a custom skin from many elements that I "snipped" from playing songs.
Reason why I'm using it: I like the way it looks. Also I'm reminded of the BG for the main menu. Props to Peppy for adding that.
kisata
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : apaffy v1
2. Creator : I assembled it all in one package, but nothing's original.
3. Original / skin mix? : All mixed elements.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Simple and pleasant to look at.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Simplicity.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1200x800
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More transparency. No combobursts.
8. Screenshots / download link : http://db.tt/G1oFXYyv

SPOILER
some notes

spinners

menus and mods

ranking panel

Oinari-sama
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Kitsune Skin v1.3
2. Creator : Chibi_Fox
3. Original / skin mix? : Original with my custom made cursor
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Kitsune!! Enough said :D
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Comfortable colour balance
6. Resolution of osu! : 1080p
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : While this is not the skin's fault, I wish there can be less UI bug (I had to delete the hitcircle.png to avoid the bug when the osu update rolled out 2 months ago)
kfshradio
1. Name of skin : Performance skin (creative, I know)
2. Creator : me!
3. It's original or skin mix? : It's a Frankenstein'd skin that has been evolving for about five months now. I don't remember what is OC and what is not anymore.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : The hitsounds (Niko's old ones). I'd like to make my own hitsounds that sound like metronome clicks if I had more experience with audio editing, but these are great. Also , the entire skin is purple, and purple is the best color, so. yeah. also my waifu
5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Maximum visibility. A skin with good visibility noticeably lowers the difficulty of the game by making all my movements feel reflexive.
6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1440 x 900 (Monitor is 1920x1080)
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Increased customizability in the skin.ini. It'd be nice to see an option to remove some static elements that appear while playing (HP bar, scores, current combo, etc) entirely from view.
8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) : There is a link to this skin (and some others I've done) on my profile. Check it out if you like, and feedback would be nice for me!
Swatty
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : chocola&vanilla
2. Creator : ---- (But main theme from: kona x taros, most of things were added from different skins)
3. Original / skin mix? : mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Chocola and Vanilla ofc :3 followpoints and HP bar
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Cursor, hitcircles, no big 300s,
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Feature to disable showing combo and/or accuracy OR be able to skin different numbers to combo and accuracy (to disable them this way without disabling every number)
8. Screenshots / download link : I hope there is no problem with video, if you want this skin, PM me ingame or here
quaternary
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Invisible
2. Creator : Mostly me
3. Original / skin mix? : Mostly mine, however the spinner is adapted copied from... somewhere.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Lack of combo numbering, invisible 300 (not 300k), tiny cursor. Much less distractions for me.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Simplicity.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x768 windowed on to 1280x1024
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : see #5
8. Screenshots / download link : here's the download
LTTP
1. Name of skin : Random skips put together.
2. Creator : A lot of people + me for changing color of cursor
3. It's original or skin mix? : Mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : No distractions, easy to notice colors, no big numbers (50,100,300 ext) pops, no loli's on it XD
5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : almost the same as above.
6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 800x600
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : able to change just about everything in Osu including the main interface.
8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) : CLICK HERE
_koinuri
I'm not really sure if mine matter much but meh

[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Skin Mix
2. Creator : Many people, taken mostly from the pro skin pack + few of my original elements
3. Original / skin mix? : Skin mix, like the name says
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It looks simple and easy to see, nothing too flashy but nothing ugly (in my opinion at least) that's only for performance. There's also many of my favorite anime characters in this skin which makes it fun for me to play.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Since I look at the screen generally and not in specific spot, I like my circle and cursor to be easy to spot outside of my focus area. The circle also needs to be transparent in some form so I can see the stacks easier.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1920x1080
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I guess more customize-able elements for me to play around with
SPOILER

Download link: http://puu.sh/36aOx (Warning. NSFW combobreak sound! I needed something to cheer me up from all the combobreaks :()
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

I'm not really sure if mine matter much but meh
Everyone's posts matters. I'm gathering information about community skin preference so yes it helps in some way. :3

Also... come on guys! 40 posts in 24 days from really large community with average 5000+ people online everyday! I really need more. D:
Macchi
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Akemi ♥
2. Creator : Akemi Megami
3. Original / skin mix? : Mostly a mix, some stuff made by me. If I stop being lazy I'll make everything original
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It's pretty imo! And I love the colours/sounds :)
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Pretty hitcircles :D
6. Resolution of osu! : 1920 x 1080
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Not sure, as long as it's pretty but playable It's great imo.
Oinari-sama

MLGnom wrote:

Also... come on guys! 40 posts in 24 days from really large community with average 5000+ people online everyday! I really need more. D:
Well... when it comes to survey in general, the more info you ask for, the less people wanna volunteer. The amount of feedbacks here is already quite good.
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Oinari-sama wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

Well... when it comes to survey in general, the more info you ask for, the less people wanna volunteer. The amount of feedbacks here is already quite good.
This is true, but... coping and answering to all questions would take at most 5 minutes. (And I'm not even forcing to answer all questions or to add screenshots/video/download. :<

Still I really need more answers with CtB, osu!mania and Taiko. :/
XPJ38

MLGnom wrote:

This is true, but... coping and answering to all questions would take at most 5 minutes.
Don't forget that you are on the Internet. For the Internet, 5 minutes is already way too much...
Topic Starter
MLGnom

XPJ38 wrote:

MLGnom wrote:

This is true, but... coping and answering to all questions would take at most 5 minutes.
Don't forget that you are on the Internet. For the Internet, 5 minutes is already way too much...
Yeah, yeah. A lot of lazy ass people. (I'm kinda one of them :P)
Well I hope that there will more posts. ^^;
Anzo
[General]
1. Name of skin : Anzo's Osananajimi Custom
2. Creator : Me and osu!people :3
3. Original / skin mix? : Mix (Akaza Akari, tom's, kriers, o2mania, etc) but I made the Osadai elements.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It looks clean for me.
5. Resolution of osu! : 1280x800
6. What would you like to see in future skins? : Having more high quality skins without hindering gameplay.

[osu! Standard]
1. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Any skin that doesn't hinder gameplay that much.
2. Hitcircles/Hitcircleoverlay : Animated hitcircle overlay animations (just change colors, though from yellowish to cyan)
3. Approachcircles : Thick ones.

[Catch the Beat]
1. What is the most important to you in Catch the Beat skins? : I can somehow recognize distances between fruits (like other players that have circles as fruits)
2. Fruits! : Run-chan without the ahoge (A Channel) and circle droplets
3. Catcher : Ryuuta from tom's

[o!m]
1. What is most the important to you in osu!mania skins? :
2. osu!mania skins : o2jam square stage v2 (without the scorebar)
3. osu!mania stage : Typical o2mania stage
4. Preferred position of mania stage : Either left or center

Screenshots / download link :
DL: http://puu.sh/38Vk5

Screenies
Qplayer
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Xplayer's Skin v. 1.1
2. Creator : Me
3. Original / skin mix? : Mix of stuff I found around and Leet 5.1
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : The colors of the hitcircles and approach circles are clearly visible and easy to read
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : The above as well as a good cursor (just stole the blue one from cookiezi's skin)
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x728
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I'm looking for a better spinner for this one.
8. Screenshots / download link : Download
Video
Note that the only change I made since the video was making the 300s invisible
momp
1. Name of skin : momp's skin
2. Creator : mostly kawaiipandah's cute skin, with 300/100/50/miss from the new default skin
3. It's original or skin mix? : mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : its really bubbly and cute and easy to use
5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : skins that are simple but still pretty and playable. (i don't like skins with over-detailed/decorated hit circles, spinner, etc.. also skins with huge 300's are a no.)
6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1024x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : i dont' really know.
8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) : nah im too lazy

i also use the skin for ctb.
Sudnep
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : My Default Skin ( Should rename this to minimalistic I guess )
2. Creator : Me-ish - I don't really know, slayerkris or something.
3. Original / skin mix? : Skin Mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Transparency with hit circles and minimalistic aspects. Also the life bar is easily my favorite part :3
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : No 300 image.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1600x900
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I don't really know

PS. Hard to use when not dimmed 100%, all hit circle sounds are the same because I didn't like them changing in between notes.

Cylencer
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Cyl (Just my initials)
2. Creator : Can't remember, sorry
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Simplicity, transparent hit circles, no 300, nice combo burst pictures (madoka), easy to see approach circles and bright combo colours. The HP bar looks nice too (i think it's from some accel world beatmap, can't remember)
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : hit cirlces and approach circles that are easy to see under any background (I usually play with no bg dim or at most 50% dim)
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I really like the nexus, full colour, sonico skin designs and interface, so it would be good if more skins have those kind of designs
Ayesha Altugle
1, 2, 3, 5, and 8 can be solved on https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/131328

[Allmodes + menu]

4.) Simple
6.)1024x600 - 1280x800
7.) more cleaner version
threenash
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : S k i n
2. Creator : Me I guess
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Simplicity, no superfluous things, nothing that disturbs my gameplay (I don't really need numbers since I'm always focused on the approach circle and I never play Hidden / Flashlight mod)
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Nothing that disturbs the visual gameplay
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Hmm hard question there. (Will answer later)
8. Screenshots / download link : http://puu.sh/2KF07.zip/2jXHK
harkijs

Silverboxer wrote:

[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Kris_v1
2. Creator : Kris
3. Original / skin mix? : original
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Very minimal, transparent and easy to see stacked notes. No cursor trail.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : simplicity
6. Resolution of osu! : 800x600
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : less glitter and shiny stuff (fine for novelty skins, but not for skins to use when playing seriously)
SPOILER
puu.sh/2QEbF.rar
plsss,give the dl link,this one`s not working . ;//
-shawnthefox
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Skin Mix
2. Creator : Koinuri
3. Original / skin mix? : obviously, skin mix. XD
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It helps you concentrate more on the game, I mean, you won't be aware how much combos you've made until that *sound* comes up. >:) Some people don't like that style, but I do.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Simplicity and a distinct difference between the objects and the background.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1366x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Technoo
8. Screenshots / download link : http://puu.sh/36aOx
Skriggniichan
1. Black 2014
2. Azer and Quanteck
3. Original
4. Focuses on not only looking clean but keeping gameplay in mind for maximum concentration
5. No distracting features such as combo bursts
6. 1366x768
8. Too lazy to go and get it. It's on Azer's homepage.
show more