forum

Tell me what skin you are using and why.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Hello everyone.

As you know I'm trying to make an update for my" Skinning Tutorial". I'm kinda lack of free time so it's progressing slowly. I need to start doing some progress and your help is needed!
I'm gathering information about type of skins, preferences, osu! resolution and few minor things that our community players uses. With this I might be able to create a good base for future skinners who might have trouble with deciding what type of skin to make (new skinners might be discouraged because their skin didn't get enough attention to continue work on it).

Why I need resolution? Actually we have wide-screen and HD skinning support and skinner might need to create few versions of skin to fit player preference. I will try to select few most common aspect ratios and provide helpful tips how to make them in tutorial (4:3 and 16:9 for sure).
Also I will need some info from Taiko/CtB/Mania players.

If you can spend few minutes to answer few questions and help me a little, I will be really grateful. Some question might repeat for different game modes so if you are playing few game modes you don't need to repeat answers (if you are going to post same answer).
Fell free to add something from yourself if you can't add it by answering questions.

I want keep this thread clean, mostly as information for myself so please don't start flame/off-topic because someone have different preferences and opinion than you.
Any opinions about topic/grammar corrections are appreciated.

So... Let's begin, after coping code just start writing after [/b] code.

osu! standard players :

1. Name of skin :
2. Creator :
3. It's original or skin mix? :
4. What do you like in your skin and why? :
5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? :
6. Resolution of osu! that you are using :
7. What would you like to see in future skins? :
8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :

For easier use just copy this code and answer questions
[b][osu! Standard][/b]

[b]1. Name of skin : [/b]
[b]2. Creator : [/b]
[b]3. Original / skin mix? : [/b]
[b]4. What do you like in your skin and why? : [/b]
[b]5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : [/b]
[b]6. Resolution of osu! : [/b]
[b]7. What would you like to see in future skins? : [/b]
[b]8. Screenshots / download link : [/b][spoilerbox] [/spoilerbox]

Catch the Beat players :

1. Name of skin :
2. Creator :
5. What is most the important to you in Catch the Beat skins? :
6. Fruits! What is important in them? : (Visible droplets, large/small shapes, something that isn't banana etc, just tell me your opinion.)
7. Catcher - personal preference or is something that requires to have specific one? : (let's exclude plates, since they need to be correctly made, they can't be too short or too long)
8. Resolution of osu! that you are using :
9. What would you like to see in future skins? :
10. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :

[b][Catch the Beat][/b]

[b]5. What is the most important to you in Catch the Beat skins? : [/b]
[b]6. Fruits! : [/b]
[b]7. Catcher : [/b]
[b]8. Resolution of osu! : [/b]
[b]9. What would you like to see in future skins? : [/b]
[b]10. Screenshots / download link : [/b][spoilerbox] [/spoilerbox]

Taiko players :

1. Name of skin :
2. Creator :
5. What is most the important to you in taiko skins? :
6. Taiko mascot : important or not? Is better if mascot is "Taiko Don" like or original ones are also welcomed?
7. Taiko stage/bars : what they need to help you play better/more pleasant.
8. Resolution of osu! that you are using :
9. What would you like to see in future skins? :
10. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :

[b][Taiko][/b]

[b]5. What is the most important to you in Taiko skins? : [/b]
[b]6. Taiko mascot : [/b]
[b]7. Taiko stage/bars : [/b]
[b]8. Resolution of osu! : [/b]
[b]9. What would you like to see in future skins? : [/b]
[b]10. Screenshots / download link : [/b][spoilerbox] [/spoilerbox]

osu!mania players :

To be honest I know almost nothing about community's osu!mania skin preferences...

1. Name of skin :
2. Creator :
5. What is most the important to you in osu!mania skins? :
6. osu!mania skins : Is better to have more skins taken/reproduced from similar games (O2Jam, stepmania, DJMax etc.) or definitely there should be more orignal skins?
7. osu!mania stage : what are your preferences about it. (for example : Should it transparent? Wide? Thin? etc.)
8. Preferred position of mania stage : (left, centre, right ?)
9. Resolution of osu! that you are using :
10. What would you like to see in future skins?
11. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :

[b][osu!mania][/b]

[b]5. What is most the important to you in osu!mania skins? : [/b]
[b]6. osu!mania skins : [/b]
[b]7. osu!mania stage :[/b]
[b]8. Preferred position of mania stage : [/b]
[b]9. Resolution of osu! : [/b]
[b]10. What would you like to see in future skins? : [/b]
[b]11. Screenshots / download link : [/b][spoilerbox] [/spoilerbox]

I will provide small example from myself as I'm only standard player :

Example

[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Charlotte Dunois v1.0
2. Creator : Myself
3. Original / skin mix? : Original
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Everything - I think this is my best skin because : is private, made especially for ampzz so I needed to make it good and did my best. I really like hitbursts, not too big, not too small, semi-transparent.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Visibility and well made skin , but I like to see hitbursts, combobursts, etc. I like to see that something happens on screen... and because I'm just casual player this is enough for me.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x600 (Netbook) until I get money for new PC
7. What you would like to see in future skins? : More creativity and originality from skinners. Less repeating elements from other skins or tries to copy style of skins.
8. Screenshots / download link :
SPOILER
I can't share the skin because is private and don't even ask.

Lance
Cool thread.

[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : I use a Frankenstein skin made from 4-5 different skins. Doesn't have a name.
2. Creator : Me... I guess?
3. Original / skin mix? : Mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : No score or combo numbers. They seriously detracted from the game for me, so when I realized you could skin them out I did so immediately.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : No massive hitbursts and minimalist design. The skin should function simply as a way for me to play osu! and nothing more. It is good if it looks nice, but it isn't the priority.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1366x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Less clutter and more functionality.
SPOILER
Too lazy for screenshots. http://puu.sh/2PEVK.zip
Winshley
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Twinkle Crusaders
2. Creator : (I actually left this field blank on skin.ini file because it's a compilation skin, and none are from me. Majority of parts are from sherrie__fay though. For more details on which skin are from which, I put detailed credits on my User Page about the skin I used)
3. Original / skin mix? : Skin Mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Cursor for readability; obvious hitlighting and followpoint for sightreading with Flashlight mod; the spinner actually helps me spin faster for unknown reason; small hitbursts to keep track on the stream paths (I'm not a fan of invisible hitbursts)
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Mostly readability
6. Resolution of osu! : 640×480 to 1024×768, or native resolution for smaller Circle Size
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Something simple yet looking good. That's all.
8. Screenshots / download link : You can find download link on my User Page.
Full Tablet
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin: Neo Full Tablet 4.0 HD (It's not High Definition).
2. Creator: Many people
3. Original / skin mix?: Mix, with some original content.
4. What do you like in your skin and why?: Makes hidden mode a bit more sight-readable (for me).
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins?: Non-obnoxiousess
6. Resolution of osu!: 768x1024 (Laptop version), 900x1600 (Desktop version)
7. What would you like to see in future skins?: Optimized png files with FileOptimizer (http://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/stati ... eOptimizer) or similar.
SPOILER

Not sure if I can upload the skin here (not 100% original content).
Soarezi
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : thelewa 4
2. Creator : thelewa
3. Original / skin mix? : skinmix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : I like the hitcircles and the hitsounds the most, it's very good for HD & HRHD.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : The simpleness, readability. Most important of all, to not have the 300's showing and stuff.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1280x800 windowed, 1920x1080 desktop
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Well, as winshley said, something simple unless you want to be elegant and not go for actual scores :P
8. Screenshots / download link : Download
Yuzeyun
[Taiko]

1. Name of skin : Gezo V7.14 ~ Starstream no WTF
2. Creator : 95% of parts are mine.
3. Original / skin mix? : Both, I guess.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Concentration on gameplay. No fancy stuff such as extremely colorful sliders or kiai times. Dark theme.
5. What is the most important to you in Taiko skins? :
6. Taiko mascot : Default Taiko no Tatsujin Mascot.
7. Taiko stage/bars : If you mean this
8. Resolution of osu! : 1366 x 768 or 800 x 600.
9. What would you like to see in future skins? More taiko skins ? :(

[osu! Standard]

(1 to 4 have been skipped because well same answers)
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Gameplay.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1366 x 768 only.
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Elegance, Not too invasive stuff to play better without having to look for elements because of blend circles.

8. Screenshots / download link : Download Link
primrose
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : default
2. Creator : laport (laport+Nilsso+kanye+gecko)
3. Original / skin mix? : skin mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : his(laport) skin are simple and fun to use.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : ?
6. Resolution of osu! : 800x600
SPOILER
http://puu.sh/2DGBw.osk
TakuMii
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : (currently unnamed, WIP)
3. Original / skin mix? : A bit of both. Most skinned elements were made by me, combobursts were taken from random beatmaps, and current health bar slightly modified from Kitagami's SAO skin. Hitcircle numbers from Niko's skin. And since it's still WIP, it still has some default elements
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Only has the particle effects for 300s, allows greater readability but still retains some visual effect for hitting the 300s. Translucent hit-circles for easier stack-reading. Slightly modified 75%-size default cursor. I also like the fact that it's mine.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Usability, clarity, unobtrusiveness.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1366x768 on laptop, 1360x768 on desktop (because Bandicam crops the extra 6 pixels)
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More options. A left-handed combo-meter would be nice, everything else I could create/fix it myself.
8. Screenshots / download link : No screenshots as I change it every few days (you can check my most recent YouTube video if you want to see what it looks like). Most recent download link (possibly 2-3 days out of date) is in my signature

[osu!mania]

1. Name of skin : osu! S (also currently included in my WIP osu!standard skin)
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Hit-numbers Hit-judgements similar to StepMania (but customized to my tastes), customized colors sort-of half-way between O2Jam and IIDX, wider lanes, etc. for readability. And again, the fact it was created by myself.
5. What is most the important to you in osu!mania skins? : Readability. Sharp lines that allow notes to be visible even at higher scrolling speeds.
6. osu!mania skins : For transition purposes, repro skins could be useful. But original skins are nice, as long as it doesn't hurt playability.
7. osu!mania stage : Wide, but not too wide. Translucent.
8. Preferred position of mania stage : Left
9. Resolution of osu! : 1366x768/1360x768
10. What would you like to see in future skins? : Have no idea, I only created my skin because I didn't enjoy playing with the default skin.
11. Screenshots / download link : Elements shared between osu!standard and osu!mania may be different in my WIP skin compared to the screenshot.
My WIP skin download link is in my signature, the osu! S thread is here.
she_old
You guys realize that it can get annoying for MLGnom if everyone links their skin like "check my userpage, check my sig, check my facebook, etc." right?
TakuMii

she wrote:

You guys realize that it can get annoying for MLGnom if everyone links their skin like "check my userpage, check my sig, check my facebook, etc." right?
But I literally modify my skin every 2-3 days, and if anyone's reading this thread even a week from now, the download link would be really outdated unless I come back here every time I modify it.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
As long as I'm able to get/see these skins I don't care where is download link, and I don't really mind if you post your skin mix here, this isn't skinning sub-forum and it will help me understand community's skinning preferences.

Thank you guys for spending few minutes to answer questions, already noticed few things that I will add to skinning tutorial for sure. Hope there will be more posts soon. :3

YayMii wrote:

she wrote:

But I literally modify my skin every 2-3 days, and if anyone's reading this thread even a week from now, the download link would be really outdated unless I come back here every time I modify it.
If you would ever need, you can use dropbox where you can just replace file and link won't change. (name of file should be same).
Naikaze
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : GaTyaA
2. Creator : Gatyaa420
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Its good for reading hidden, and not much of a clusterfuck because of less visual more readability.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Readability.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1920x1080 Fullscreen
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I dunno, pretty satisfied with mine right now.
8. Screenshots / download link : http://puu.sh/2PZLf.rar
Hanyuu
[osu!mania]

1. Name of skin : bmstyle dark edit
2. Creator : Original ecafree2 edit by me
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : modified the theme so notes stand out more. Lowered the stagelight and get rid of custom judgement, Heightened the judgementline for readability downwards
5. What is most the important to you in osu!mania skins? :
[b]6. osu!mania skins : Using a couple different ones of different themes, changing every few weeks/months if i get bored of one

7. osu!mania stage : I like a general good design that looks nice since the stage does not interfere with me for playability, or on the other side a simple design, it doesnt really matter. Note skins are most important
8. Preferred position of mania stage : leftmost or left to center(default)
9. Resolution of osu! : either
10. What would you like to see in future skins? : better skinning system
11. Screenshots / download link :
SPOILER
http://puu.sh/2Q0su.rar
Valentiino
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : LameWeaabooMix
2. Creator : Unknown (Me)
3. Original / skin mix? : Mix with some original stuff
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It's obviously for sole playing of the game. Nothing fancy, and is not even updated for the latest update. I have no idea how to fix the result screen for the latest update ;__;
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Readability with a touch of something fancy
6. Resolution of osu! : 1440x900
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I actually have no idea
Kanye West
[osu! Standard + Taiko + osu!mania]

1. Name of skin : Kanye Mix
2. Creator : Base skin is from Xiaounlimited, added elements from Niko's old skin, Nilsso's skin, thelewa's skin, kriers' skin (ping pong hitsounds), and my own. Taiko and mania elements are all from Xiaounlimited.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : The invisible 300, circular hit lighting, invisible cursor trail, and simplistic design make reading notes, especially with hidden, very easy. Also the hitsounds are very loud and clear, making accuracy easier.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Simplicity, large cursor, no animeshit.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x600
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I really like Xiao's XiStyle/Nexus theme, so themes similar to that.
SPOILER
Download: http://puu.sh/2Q1uc.rar
Screenshots:

winber1
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : WinMix
2. Creator : winber1
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : CUZ IT'S FUKING AWESOME.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : easy to see hitcircles (not transparent ones)
6. Resolution of osu! : 1366x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Plain and simple, yet clear and creative designs, from a player's point of view
8. Screenshots / download link : click the hitcircle on my userpage for download
SPOILER
It's #osu in the bottom just forthe record. Also I need to fix the spinner one day, but whatever.
Speaking of my skin, you should all download that map that I am watching a replay of, cuz I said so.

edit: okay, I'm stealing that spinner from kanye now. it will make do for the time being. And perhaps that osu!mania skin as well.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Answer from Ippe :

[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : thelewamod iirc
2. Creator : Various kinds of people
3. Original / skin mix? : It a mix, with original parts added by me
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : I like it because it was easy to play with and it had tenshi all over it
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : The most important part in skins imo is that you can play with it while still having it good looking
6. Resolution of osu! : 1364x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : future skins need more cowbell
SPOILER
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1725333/beepbeep.7z
Rokk
1. Name of skin : osu! Classic
2. Creator : peppy
3. It's original or skin mix? : Original
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : I'm used to the old osu! skin. The hitbursts are very clear. When you get a 100, you'll know.
5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Clarity.
6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1920x1080
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More clarity, less eye-candy.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Come on guys. 700 views and only 15 posts with answers.
If you are using default skin you can also answer few questions like "Why you like it" or "What you would like to see in future skin" (well screenshots/download is no needed in this case).
I can't really judge community's skins preference with just 15 answers. :/
Fenek Alfa
1. Name of skin : Fennecium beta 0.8
2. Creator : Fenek Alfa
3. It's original or skin mix? : Both("borrowed" hitsounds and fonts, rest made by me)
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It feels nice and it makes everything clear, no matter the pattern.
5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Clarity.
6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1024x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Not gameplay-intrusive eye-candy.

That beta there isn't just a pun, it's kinda unfinished but I can't do much until the template gets updated.
SPOILER
puu.sh/2Sd67/6d096aea78.zip
XPJ38
osu! Standard

1. Name of skin : CustomXPJ_old (old because old template)
2. Creator : myself
3. Original / skin mix? : Mix (mostly based on PJMS' skin for effectiveness, aka osu!stream skin) with 2 or 3 original things
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It's easy to read, not cluttered and it's quite modern. It is adapted to my needs: no 300s; 100s and 50s from the old original template skin because they are big and help me to determine my accuracy during long streams; big score numbers to quickly see my score and acc (btw that's why I can't use the new default skin, the numbers are way too small for me); and the last bar of my spinner-meter is green because I am so focused on the center of the spinner while spinning I can't focus on spinner-clear, so the green bar tells me if I have finished the spinner. Besides, scorebar-kis are either green or red for more readability.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : The easy to read part. The skins I use must not be cluttered and rich in details.
6. Resolution of osu! : Fullscreen 1280*800 while playing, windowed mode 1024*768 when idle.
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : To be honest, I don't expect anything, I am already satisfied with my skin.
8. Screenshots / download link : Download link in the bottom of my userpage.
GenKiPS
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Baka Accurate
2. Creator : GraysonnG
3. Original / skin mix? : I changed the original hitcircles to SiLviA's hitcircles, so I guess it's a Skin Mix.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : It looks nice, and isn't minimalist.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Being able to see what is going on.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1680x1050
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : A nice mix between eye-candy and clarity. The default osu! skin is a good example of such.
boat
I hope you'll understand this format, as I play both, just mainly taiko.

ST1. Name of skin : boats
ST2. Creator : boat
ST4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Functionality and minor bloat
S5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Less bloat, visual appeal but simplicity as well
T5. What is most the important to you in taiko skins? : Easily distinguishable circles and good contrast between elements
ST6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1024x600 windowed
ST7. What would you like to see in future skins? : All of the above.
ST8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :
G0r
I've always used Kriers' skin, because win. I think we have similar mindsets when it comes to minimalism.

I see there's a format for answering this. I have chosen to ignore this fact.
Thatgooey
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Gooey's Mashup
2. Creator : Me
3. Original / skin mix? : Mixed
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Hit circles are from Renard, and are ultra low res textures for best performance. The skin is very easy to read for hd/hr, which is my main focus. I use Tom94's cursor, because it just feels the most natural for me of all cursors I've tried. I don't play with follow points, because they add too much clutter on the screen and don't really help me that much. Too many extra lights, colors, and dots on the screen. The rest of the visuals are just things I have pulled from a lot of different skins (menu icons, splash screens, ect). Overall, I like that it is very suitable for hd/hr and is focused on aiding player performance.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Minimalistic and performance-based. I don't care for frilly, colorful visuals personally.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x768
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : For me, just any cool visuals outside of the playing field. I don't want anything more than has to exist in the field of play. Things like menu icons and other menu visuals is all I would look to change
8. Screenshots / download link : http://puu.sh/2SmmJ
Zakdawg
1. Name of skin : Apricot
2. Creator : Apricot
3. Original / skin mix? : Changed the cursor to the small red / whiteish ball with no tail.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : The circles having only a boarder color, and the small cursor.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : That I can see hidden notes.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1680 / 1024
Silverboxer
primrose

boat wrote:

I hope you'll understand this format, as I play both, just mainly taiko.

ST1. Name of skin : boats
ST2. Creator : boat
ST4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Functionality and minor bloat
S5. What is the most important to you in standard mode skins? : Less bloat, visual appeal but simplicity as well
T5. What is most the important to you in taiko skins? : Easily distinguishable circles and good contrast between elements
ST6. Resolution of osu! that you are using : 1024x600 windowed
ST7. What would you like to see in future skins? : All of the above.
ST8. Possible to post screenshots or even download link? (please use spoiler box) :
Can you send me your skin @PM? I know this is boatskin revised.
Espy_old_1
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : JMM
2. Creator : Myself?
3. Original / skin mix? : A bit of both. It's mostly based on the cookie- skin, but has a few elements from other skins as well as 2-3 things that I made myself. It's actually a WIP of sorts as I plan on editing it some more in the future.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Looks nice without being too distracting.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Clarity and simplicity, but also visually appealing to an extent.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1280x960 windowed
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More focus on clarity and simplistic designs. Skins that are heavy with visual appeal and eye-candy do look nice, but I personally find them too distracting to play the game properly.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
After 2 weeks I see "a lot" of posts here.

Well, let's wait 2 more weeks, maybe more will come. ^^;
Lapis-
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Portalzi
3. Original / skin mix? : Skin mix
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : I just like the way it looks and sounds. The menu sounds sound nice and I just think the elements are visually appealing.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Readability. See-through hit circles make HD so much easier, and hit sounds are also really important.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1440x900
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Not sure really, maybe more interesting design ideas?
8. Screenshots / download link : On my userpage, and heres a youtube video (promotion) of my skin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POPpjg2PyDY (I need to update the link on my userpage)
MacabreLawyer
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : _Glassline HD
2. Creator : matthewrobo
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Highly visible cursor and hitcircles, because I prefer playing with backgrounds on. Tweakable elements, because I can easily modify the skin's elements easily, without downloading many versions of the skin or waiting for Gimp to start up. HD support, as non-HD skins look like garbage in 1440p.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : High contrast between skin elements without the unnecessary elements like hit300.
6. Resolution of osu! : 2560x1440 in windowed mode
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : I enjoy skins with unique sound effects and or appealing visual style (when it doesn't intrude gameplay).
SPOILER
Thread: t/128054/start=0 Screenshot:
Martinawa
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Formal & Simple WO300
2. Creator : Martinawa Hatsuhi (myself)
3. Original / skin mix? : Original, but it was originally part from a skin mix.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Little cursor and simple elements. Better readibility and less beauty things that only make the skin more annoying and difficult to play.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Hitcircle numbers must be very very visible for me. It annoys me to see little and thin numbers that almost I can't see. And I also hate strange fonts for them. Everything very simetrical and schematical.
6. Resolution of osu! : 800x600. I have a full-area tablet, and bc I am so lazy i have a small window instead of a small tablet area.
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Really I'm fine with the work I made with my skin. But always there are changes in skin elements and everything so... Don't know
8. Download link : There are also screenshots in the skin's thread. To see them you can click in my signature.
SPOILER
http://puu.sh/26drs
chelly
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : 677
2. Creator : PikaPika677
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : For starters, it's something that I put together. The classic osu! default skin was too ugly and hard to play with, so I decided to play using a "performance" skin over "flashy" skins. I started to make my own skin, seeing as I have pretty good experience with photo editing. I failed and gave up skinning altogether, seeing as there were simply too many elements to make. So I stopped skinning and just resorted to using cookiezi's skin, and it went well. Then one day I kinda got bored with his skin, and felt that playing using someone else's skin wasn't really fun. So I went into his folder and modified/replaced a few things to make it more "me-like". Gradually nearly every single element of his skin was removed and replaced with a bunch of other things that I found. That's how I got my current skin.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : The skin has to look nice and clean. Clean is the key. It's okay to be flashy if you keep it small/subtle enough so that it doesn't distract you from gameplay. Hit circles and everything related to them are what I care about the most. Outside of gameplay, feel free to dump your creativity onto the skin.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1366 x 768 widescreen
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : Less intruding hitbursts, lighting, etc.
SPOILER
In my signature.
Jackyyy
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : Jackyyy 2
2. Creator : Jackyyy
3. Original / skin mix? : Mostly original with several mixed elements
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Combo colours are easy and comfortable to see, sharp hitsounds for making higher accuracy plays easier. bright coloured cursor that can easily be separated from the background, hits and misses can easily be seen from under notes without blocking other notes and also looks clean and simple that doesn't cluster up the screen.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Looks good and doesn't affect playing ability much.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1024x600
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More unique and cleaners skins.
Aquamarine
Awwh, do I really have to copy/paste? I use a custom skin from many elements that I "snipped" from playing songs.
Reason why I'm using it: I like the way it looks. Also I'm reminded of the BG for the main menu. Props to Peppy for adding that.
kisata
[osu! Standard]

1. Name of skin : apaffy v1
2. Creator : I assembled it all in one package, but nothing's original.
3. Original / skin mix? : All mixed elements.
4. What do you like in your skin and why? : Simple and pleasant to look at.
5. What is the most important to you in Standard mode skins? : Simplicity.
6. Resolution of osu! : 1200x800
7. What would you like to see in future skins? : More transparency. No combobursts.
8. Screenshots / download link : http://db.tt/G1oFXYyv

SPOILER
some notes

spinners

menus and mods

ranking panel

show more