forum

Anime North 2009

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
Just wondering if any fellow osu!ers are headed out to this year's Anime North convention in Toronto, Canada this year.

I'll be helping out as staff with the manga library. But I hope to see some of you there. You can just call me James :)
vytalibus
I am planning to go to Anime North. T'is my first time going to a convention here in Canada, so I might try and ask the staff around for someone named "James". :3

Anyway, I'm planning to go on Saturday, since I have another trip before then. I will add more information once I've planned this out thoroughly.
An64fan
I will one day... One day when I'm in Toronto or nearby at the time...

Seriously, though, I feel like I don't spend enough time with family in Ottawa. Then again, it's far away from here and we can't really afford to fly everywhere all the time. :(
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
Without too much asking, if you find the manga library, you'll probably find me. I'm probably only going to venture out of there for the events I wanted to see.
Zerostarry
I can't make it this year.. T___T
awp
When is it? I can probably make it, but I probably won't.
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
It's this weekend! (May 22-24)

http://www.animenorth.com/main/
Derekku
If I had money I'd totally be at every con :o :(
vytalibus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
[Youmu]
mm won't be goin to anime north, but i'll be going to animeboston, since it's the closest near my city x) and it also happens on the same dates as anime north too
vytalibus
There has been an emergency regarding my health, and thus I have to cancel my own trip.
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
It's important to take care of your health, and there's always Anime North 2010 (I'll probably be there too, maybe even just rename this thread for it :P )

(posted from the Manga Library) :)
vytalibus
james039, I am really interested in going out on an anime convention; this would've been the first convention I had here in Canada. I am also interested in participating in convention programs, and so I'd like to know how you got your place there in the manga library. Is there a site to which I could reference to?
Topic Starter
FurukawaPan
The best way to participate in an anime convention is to volunteer to help out at the events. Once you get to know some people they may want you to help them run their event and request you as a staff member.

I was fortunate enough to know the owner of the manga library personally and I wrote a program for the management of the lending books/registering.
[Youmu]
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
lol my brother just got back from it recently and was telling me I should have gone ;(
CheeseWarlock
Oh hai. Didn't see this thread. I was there on Saturday.
Mogsy
[Youmu]
Alrighty