forum

Vertical Taiko Option [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Efraym
I searched and I don't think it's requested yet.

I wanted to play Taiko but for some reason, I can't keep up on it's horizontal style gameplay.
Reason is I get dizzy in just a few minutes, I don't know if there's a technique or right way to play it but I still get distracted even if I don't want to look so I play by ear but gave up (before urging to make this idea) since can't resist following those moving circles.

Okay, main point is, adding an option (in options) that somehow can make the Taiko be positioned in a vertical way like Osu!mania? I have no problems in Osu!mania when playing it. It's really just the horizontal gameplay I get dizzy at.

Might look like it's just for my benefit so I don't know if someone gets dizzy like me. I just want to try Taiko out too.

I read the guidelines so I'm not saying please or make it a priority and I know peppy is a busy man, I'll wait as long as I'm still interested in playing Osu!.

But If this idea is invalid/rejected, I'll just give up and not play Taiko then. Thank you for the time reading.
Babukus
Over time you get used to how taiko works. In the beginning it's easy to get dizzy, but I didn't give up and played it.

I don't get dizzy whatsoever anymore, it didn't last long. At least for me it didn't but other people are different.

I'm not sure if there is a real way for you to not get dizzy. All I can say is that you gotta get used to it (it goes away after playing for awhile).
mintong89
not support at here, because taiko originally is Horizontal mode. see this:

Dooms
The thought of having vertical Taiko...

Uhh... I'd just suggest practicing more on Taiko. We all feel like it's dizzy at some point. Heck, it's still dizzy for me xD. Especially on higher scroll speeds and higher BPM. Just practice with taiko standard scroll speed on slow songs and work your way up. It will make you less dizzy as you practice more.
Babukus

mintong89 wrote:

not support at here, because taiko originally is Horizontal mode. see this:
Well osu taiko isn't really the same as the original and has some changes. But yeah, I don't think this option will be made. It's meant to be horizontal and there would be problems showing the amount of beats coming (the beats coming from the right) because monitors are usually wider than they are high.

Dooms wrote:

Uhh... I'd just suggest practicing more on Taiko. It will make you less dizzy as you practice more.
Soner Wolf
turn your screen a full 90 degrees. problem solved.
Ayesha Altugle
taiko playing like mania?

this is invalid request for taiko players like me

EDIT: for someone to mark it like support team, this is an invalid request

EDIT 2: 280th post here
those
Simply rotate your screen either manually or through computer settings.
deadbeat

vahn10 wrote:

EDIT: for someone to mark it like support team, this is an invalid request
yeah yeah, i know :p

sorry man, but the others are right. won't happen sorry :(